Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/16/2004, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Tunze owners...how about picture of your tank

Tunze are good size. If you have one, how do you like appearance wise? If possible can you please post a picture of your tank with tunze?
Thanks
SMS76
Old 11/16/2004, 10:53 AM
Joboo needs a refill!

Heres a pic before using Streams

Heres a pic with my Streams

Old 11/16/2004, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Joboo for pictures. What model are those ones?
Old 11/16/2004, 01:44 PM
THIS IS THE YEAR-GO CUBS

can some one send me a link on them with prices and how much they push out thanks
Old 11/16/2004, 02:18 PM
Joboo needs a refill!

Quote:
Originally posted by SMS76
Thanks Joboo for pictures. What model are those ones?
6000's
Old 11/16/2004, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Joboo
How do you like the Tunze? Do you recomend 2-6000's for the 90? Off topic but how much live rock do you have in your tank?

Thanks,

Tice
Old 11/16/2004, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

hey the Tunze turned your rocks white...hehe
Old 11/16/2004, 03:45 PM
SPS Slave

beautiful rock man! Nice aquascaping too. That is one nice-looking tank.
Old 11/16/2004, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

what's the point of tunze's?
Old 11/16/2004, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

major water movement
Old 11/16/2004, 03:58 PM
Premium Member

Tunzes are the same size, regardless of model.

Tyler A Tunze Stream produces 1600gph to 5000gph. What's more is that it's gentle wide pattern of flow. The flow pattern from a stream can reach 7' and easily touch the bottom of your tank. They are best for SPS, and they can be a bit too powerful for many softies and LPS.
Old 11/16/2004, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

5000 gallons per hour huh?

My tank would look like an atom bomb went off in it.
Old 11/16/2004, 04:04 PM
Joboo needs a refill!

JTice - The streams are great!! 2 6000's in a 90 produce ALOT of flow. AT this point I only have LPS and a few leathers(pics are outdated) and I am having a hard time finding a low flow areas in my tank for some of the LPS corals. I think Once I get the 7095 controller things will be alot better as I can put both streams on a program which will create better flow distribution.

The rock is about 170lbs of Kaelini LR. I ordered 180lbs but I had one extra piece I put in my sump because I couldn't fit it in the display. I figure the piece in my sump is around 10lbs.

Prop-Frags - Wow, thanks for the nice comments. The rock is from Dr. Mac. It is some of the best rock I've seen. If you look through Dr. Mac's forum you will see other people with pics of rock from him. I have never seen a pic of rock from DR. Mac that wasn't outstanding. Very consistent.

As for the Aquascaping, it is my least favorite thing to do in the hobby!! I literally placed the rock in the tank without much thought. To my suprise it actually looked pretty decent. I really like the look of ALOT of rock.
Old 11/16/2004, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Joboo-

I am thinking about using Dr. Mac for my new tank. Did you get many nasty hitchikers on it? Did it take a long time to cure? They aren't far from me, so I may be able to pick up instead of paying for shipping.
Your setup looks great btw.

-Greg
Old 11/16/2004, 05:57 PM
SPS Slave

Quote:
Originally posted by Joboo
Prop-Frags - Wow, thanks for the nice comments. The rock is from Dr. Mac. It is some of the best rock I've seen. If you look through Dr. Mac's forum you will see other people with pics of rock from him. I have never seen a pic of rock from DR. Mac that wasn't outstanding. Very consistent.
I agree. I picked up some LR from him to fill in some gaps I had, and Dr. Mac worked with me to get just what I needed. I recieved two rocks that weighed 51 lbs total LOL! Boulders! Anyhow, here's a couple of pics of my tank now with the Tunze 6100 streams. You can see more by clicking that little red house up there.

Left Side:

Right Side:
Old 11/16/2004, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Here are pictures of my two tunzes. The first is held in place with one of the new magnets, the other is in one of those fancy rocks.

--Rick
Old 11/16/2004, 06:37 PM
Bu Saif...

Does anyone know what is the weight of the Tunze with its box?
Old 11/16/2004, 07:21 PM
Lord of Dead Fishes

There are a pair each 6000, 6080 and 6060. The tank is 30" X 30" X 24". The frag station is powered with a single 6080 underneath the shelves.
Old 11/16/2004, 07:31 PM
Moved

6100 in a 4' 120g
Old 11/16/2004, 07:34 PM
Joboo needs a refill!

Quote:
Originally posted by gliebig
Joboo-

I am thinking about using Dr. Mac for my new tank. Did you get many nasty hitchikers on it? Did it take a long time to cure? They aren't far from me, so I may be able to pick up instead of paying for shipping.
Your setup looks great btw.

-Greg
I did not have any hitchikers. Then again, when I went through the curing process I let my AMM go above 1ppm(on purpose) so I had alot of die off. The rock curing process took 7 weeks and that was using a skimmer 24/7 with actinic lighting 3 hours a day. After the cure I went through the typical Hair Algea bloom and it lasted for two weeks. Since then I've been fortunate not to have any nuissance algeas or hitchhikers. If your the type of person that likes ALOT of life on there rock then I would say go with Tampa Bay Saltwater. But if you want go clean, porous rock that has alot of Corraline growth with little to no hitchikers then I would definitly go with Dr. Mac. I wanted to control the type of "Life" on my rock so I'd rather go with good quality rock and add the life later. This way I have some control over the hitchikers that are typically found.