Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/26/2004, 02:09 PM
Clownfish Enthusiast

Question Ocean Rider....Worth the Risk?????

OK, I've read the vendors experiences and got a mixed bag, same with MDL (marine depot live) although, MDL seemed to please more people. I am wondering if I should risk a purchase with OR, or go with MDL. is there currently a waiting list for MDL? also, do they have CB potbellies (that don't need a chiller) forgot name of species? please advise
Old 05/26/2004, 02:52 PM
Premium Member

I have always had good experiences ordering from MDL. I can't say the same about OR. I would not recommend OR. Their customer service stinks to put it mildly, and they do not stand behind their live arrival guarantee.
JMO
Old 05/26/2004, 07:49 PM
Registered Member

Hi ez,
I have always had very good experiences with MDL. OR has had a few problems with customer service but I have always received very healthy stock from them.

H.Abdominalis(potbelly) will need to be kept at a temp. of 19-22C
68-71F so you will need a chiller.

If you need more info, you can check out their web sites.

HTH
Old 05/29/2004, 12:23 PM
Seahorse Wrangler

I completely agree with Jenny, on all three counts.

Ray
Old 05/30/2004, 12:07 AM
Registered Member

I have never had a problem with OR or their horses. I would order from them again without hesitation as I would MDL.

I would recommend deciding on what species you are interested in keeping since they both offer different species and go with that vendor.

Leslie
Old 05/30/2004, 01:07 AM
Premium Member

Thumbs up

I too have Ocean Rider.My horses (sunburst & Mustang pairs)arrived healthy,thank God.UPS sucked.Here I was waiting all morning for them.I heard no knock at the door,no doorbell and the dog didn't bark.I was walking the dog around the yard and found the yellow slip,that says you wernt in,try again tomorrow,in the yard.I got on the phone to them and they had that driver here in 45 min.Damn I was POed.I would recommend Ocean Rider,but not UPS if you had a choice.The package was marked LIVE SEAHORSES,and they would try again tomorrow,Idiots!!!