Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/20/2004, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Picute of second shipment of TBS Package

Just wanted to share with everyone a picture of my tank with my second shipment of TBS. Everything is progressing well.

I hope everyone enjoys their package as much as I have.

LJ
Old 03/20/2004, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Looks great. Just recieved my first shipment. everything going smoothly so far. How long for you to cycle. Did the second shipment look better or worst than the first. I am impressed so far.
Old 03/20/2004, 10:53 AM
Premium Member

Wow looking good. I'm hoping they can call me back soon because I have to go out of town Tuesday - Friday next week. Was hoping to get it in before then but I guess it's for the best because I wouldn't be able to monitor it as closely.
Old 03/20/2004, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

quote:

First shipment cycle was 5 days, and this second shipment went in Monday night and is still in the cycle process. The second shipment looked just as spectacular as the first.

LJ
Old 03/20/2004, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

quote:

It is better that you be there to monitor for sure. Don't rush it, you will be happy you waited in the end.

LJ
Old 03/20/2004, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

WOW!! That rock is awsome! What kind is it? Also may I ask how much you got and how much $?
Old 03/20/2004, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

quote:

Cody,
Thank you, I purchased a 30 lbs package from Tampa Bay Saltwater. Go check out their pricing at their website, and read the testimonals from people that have bought from Richard. They are wonderful people to work with. Good luck!

www.tbsaltwater.com

LJ
Old 03/20/2004, 02:22 PM
Premium Member

Looking good LJ. The Coralife light you have, do you have it on the mounting legs? Mine gets really hot, and I had to order the optional legs for it to keep my temperature down. I think I will go with the TBS package also.Looks very good
Old 03/20/2004, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SandFlea
Looking good LJ. The Coralife light you have, do you have it on the mounting legs? Mine gets really hot, and I had to order the optional legs for it to keep my temperature down. I think I will go with the TBS package also.Looks very good
Sandflea,

I am glad you said that, yes, mine gets very hot too and I did not get the legs with the light, Monday when I went to take the light off to place the second shipment in the tank the back part of the glass was cracked on my lid......so I ordered a new top and also the legs and they will be in on Thursday. I don't want to crack another piece of glass...My temp. runs right around 80 degrees so I hope this will solve the problem, at the moment I don't even have my heater turned on because it is so warm. If that does not do the trick then I will try placing some computer fans to blow the warm air away.

LJ
Old 03/20/2004, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Another picture

Here is another picture of rock, this is from my first shipment.
Old 03/20/2004, 07:14 PM
Premium Member

I ordered the mounting legs as well as the lifegard digital thermometer today. I have noticed when the light is on ,you never see the heater light on. I assume the light is heating the water enough by itself. Why buy coral , when you can get rock with all that life on it........Nice
Old 03/20/2004, 09:37 PM
Denizen of the Deep

LJsInSC, congrats the rocks look great! But it looks like there is a little aptasia on the lower left corner of the rock you should take care of that before it gets out of control.
Old 03/20/2004, 09:42 PM
Premium Member

I have saw Richard from TBS post on several occasions stating that aptasia doesnt come from the gulf. Food for thought
Old 03/21/2004, 08:31 AM
Mine is 48", and yours?

That is not an aptasia, I killed a number of those before I realized that they are actually this sponge anemone order actinairia. The major difference seems to be in the arms. They have colored bands on them, and are not so translucent like an aptasia.
Arc Eye Hawk
Engineer Goby
Clown Goby
Mandarin Goby
Green Chromis
Yellow Tail Damsel
Old 03/21/2004, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

How do you get rid of the aptasia, it is all over my TBS rock?
Old 03/21/2004, 08:59 AM
Charlotte Area Realtor

Well like Wooligin stated Aptasia does not come on the LR from TBS according to the guys at TBS. If by chance you do have it you can either get a peppermint shrimp or some of joes juice which seems to be getting rave reviews here.... its a joesjuice.com

Good Luck,

Baz

Realtor
Old 03/21/2004, 10:09 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SandFlea
I've got the coralife as well and it's on legs too. With the room currently at about 70.4 in the room it's 78.1 in the tank with the lights on. Heater is set to 77.
Old 03/21/2004, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Trekkie
I've got the coralife as well and it's on legs too. With the room currently at about 70.4 in the room it's 78.1 in the tank with the lights on. Heater is set to 77.
That is great to know, because I was worried that I would get the legs and put them on and I would still be sitting with a tank temp at 80 degrees. Thank you for the information.

LJ
Old 03/21/2004, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wooglin
That is not an aptasia, I killed a number of those before I realized that they are actually this sponge anemone order actinairia. The major difference seems to be in the arms. They have colored bands on them, and are not so translucent like an aptasia.
Wooglin, thank you, I have seen Richard say that in the TBS forum. I do have a lot of these little boogers and they are neat to watch, some of them actually move around while others seem content to stay right where they are.

LJ