Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/19/2004, 01:19 AM
Registered Member

digital rebel, still on natinal back order.

does any one have any info if the digital rebel is still in national back order, can wait to get one in my hands. i bought a nikon coolpic 5700 do to not finding the rebel after cristmas. i do like the 5700 but is limited to the macro shots. i seen better macros with the 100mm on the rebel.

if any one is interested in buying the 5700 for a decent price e-mail me at martinez_ivan@sbcglobal.net
Old 01/19/2004, 03:35 AM
Registered Member

Hmmm... I just looked at B&H Photo's website (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=297500&is=REG) and they say they are in stock. When I went to Kit's camera last week they had them in stock as well. I was looking for a new lens for the one I got for Xmas
Old 01/19/2004, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

I went to buydig.com and ordered mine there last Thursday, I wanted it for the weekend and after asking them many times if they actually had them in stock and them assuring me they did I placed my order with over night shipping. On friday, no camera. Had a long run around with them, different people telling me different pieces were out of stock but the camera wasn't, etc.. Well after all this runaround I cancelled my order.
Ran down to the nearest CompUSA and they had one box sitting on the shelf just waiting to be purchased, so I did. I couldn't be happier.

but I've heard all the stories, from them being backordered for months, to the back order being over last week, this week, etc. I don't believe anyone anymore, even those on line retailers that claim to have it in stock. If I don't see the box, I don't believe it.
Old 01/19/2004, 06:53 PM
Premium Member

I picked one up this weekend at best buy. They had a few of them.

Awsome camera. Makes me sick to think I paid almost this much for my Kodac DC290 just 3 years ago.

Cant wait to get the 100mm macro!!

**Edit**

If you want to order it, Newegg.com is the best etailer (by far) I have ever ordered from. Trust me, Ive ordered A LOT of computer stuff online. I would have ordered mine from them in a second but I had gift certs at best buy to use up anyway.

Ive always had bad luck ordering electroinics from anyone in NY/NJ. Never in stock... Be cautious (JMO!)

Last edited by Treg; 01/19/2004 at 07:00 PM.