Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/22/2003, 06:30 PM
Typhoid Hemmie

Quote:
Originally posted by oz
I have a different opinion than most I guess but...

I guess if this does not happen all the time, its OK. Everyone can have a bad day. But if it happens a lot, I would seek counseling. Perhaps anger management.

Why couldn't you just simply tell the bookeeper that it was for the time you worked at home. period. end of story. Is it not part of a bookeeper's job to sometimes question these things rather than blindly add up the numbers. If its nor her job to question these things then do what the other poster said, pull bookkeeper aside and tell her in a private setting that she should not ask about things like timecards in public.

Also with the other girl, asking you about an appt. Same thing here, what's wrong with telling her what it is.

Does it make a different for you that these are "girls" ? Would you have reacted differently if it were "boys" ?
Because it's not her place to ask me what I do, and I'll be damned if I'll tell her "because it was for time I worked at home." She knew that. She was trying to make some kind of weird point.

Would you seriously question your boss/supervisor about something like that? My time card has extra hours every week, and she chose this week to ask me in front of staff? Nuh, uh.

I don't need anger managemant, but she needs a bottle of couth.

I DO NOT NEED @#$%%@@**& ANGER MANAGEMANT, IM COMPLETELY IN $@@*&&^ CONTROL AT ALL TIMES.

Just kidding Oz., but you are "such" a man.

Btw, I don't know if I would have acted the same in front of a "boy", but I seriously doubt if a "boy" would have needed to do that for whatever reason.

And also btw, the second girl and I kissed and made up but I told her if I scheduled a dog to come in at 4 o'clock to crap on the desk, the appt stands.
Old 04/22/2003, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

*I DO NOT NEED @#$%%@@**& ANGER MANAGEMANT, IM COMPLETELY IN $@@*&&^ CONTROL AT ALL TIMES.

Just kidding Oz., but you are "such" a man.*

ROFLMAO!!!! no offense oz but it's so true, men don't get the way women are towards each other.

You had a good day then Hemmie? alls well?
Old 04/22/2003, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

glad to hear today was better. I told Megan (our office manager) about your day. She laughed and said she has days like that too. She handles things the way you did today. Good job!

Oz: guys don't get catty and sneaky about things. It's just us gals who are secretly evil.
Old 04/22/2003, 07:02 PM
Moved In

LOL, I don't know, I've seen some pretty catty men! You done good Hemmie, now just forget about it. It's just plain tacky to try to call someone on something in front of people.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 04/22/2003, 07:05 PM
Typhoid Hemmie

Heh...

Old 04/22/2003, 09:56 PM
Reef tinkerer

Manly men aren't catty

When I think of a "man" acting catty I think of the "men on art" skits on "In Living Color"
Old 04/24/2003, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

I know this wasn't the point of the thread, but I work in a male-dominated industry (forest fire management), and although I agree that guys aren't as "catty" as some of the women here, I overhear a LOT of insults, coarse humour, and derogitory terms. Women usually don't behave like this. That being said, I LOVE my coworkers and my job.
Old 04/24/2003, 05:01 PM
Typhoid Hemmie

You have a good point and I think there's pros and cons to both.
I don't like the foul language either, unless I'm using it myself.

Btw, the Bookkeeper has had diarrhea for 3 days. She says its nerves because I scared her.
Old 04/24/2003, 05:13 PM
Moved In

Quote:
Originally posted by hesaias
Manly men aren't catty

When I think of a "man" acting catty I think of the "men on art" skits on "In Living Color"

I beg to differ on that one. I worked in a men's club for awhile. It was as bad as listening to a bunch of gossipy old ladies!!!

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!