Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Wisconsin - Fox Valley Reefers Club (FVRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/26/2007, 02:51 PM
Premium Member

Decision made :( House and tank to go.

We've only stopped by here on and off since wife was laid off and we couldn't afford to continue progressing with finishing the tank, but have tried to limp it along until things turned around.

Things have improved some, but we have made a decision to put our house up for sale this Spring and downsize with the last kid graduating this year. We planned all the bedrooms, entertainment room, bar, etc when more kids were home and we also entertained more often. With working from home now we rarely have any company, so pointless to try staying here.

SOOO, after the new year will start selling off everything in stages. I doubt we'd be lucky enough to find a buyer for the house that ALSO wanted the tank, so going to sell things off until the tank is gone and I can rebuild the wall to close it back up. I guess the current equipment room behind it will make a nice laundry room compared to upstairs anyway.

Jason offered to lend his fish trap, so first to go will be the lemonpeel, royal gramma, and the ocellaris matched up with a huge sebae anemone (still not sure how to get it out of the rock it's in so deep though). Once those are sold, will decide what to do next.

It hurts to give up, so close to finally being able to set up my dream tank and a finished basement with a bar, but would just never be used enough or the tank appreciated enough compared to maintaining all this space for two people
Old 12/26/2007, 03:03 PM
Premium Member

OH!

And since was previously offered and then we just disappeared out of depression, RCS still gets the urchin if he has need of it

Ummm, have to figure out how to get it out of the tank though.
Old 12/26/2007, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to hear that - hope that you still maintain a tank when you find a new place to live!

1-75g FW Planted
1-55g African Cichlid
1-125g w/ 4 turts
1-75g RR Reef
1-12g NC Mantis, 1-12g AP Brittle Star
2-cats
2-dogs (1 Catahoula Leopard Mix & 1 Shepherd Mix)
Old 12/27/2007, 02:09 PM
hookt on fonix

Also sorry to hear about you getting out.
I am sure if you post a list of stuff to sell you will have a lot of interest from people here.
Old 12/27/2007, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

Yep. Going on vacation and will start trying to figure out the livestock after we're back, followed by rock, etc. As soon as I can pull the plug will start cleaning things up and listing it all.

As for having a tank in the future, it's unlikely Maybe WAY down the road. We never completed this one, and were taking our time to at least have SOMETHING until the basement was finished and that could become the main concentration. Now, planning to downsize, there will be much less rom just to begin with. Also, once we are caught up from the lower living costs we plan to use it to travel more, or even just spend more time at the lake. Leaving a tank alone that much would only give me an ulcer!

Eventually, we would like to stay in a small place at the lake for the Summer, and a small place here just to be closer to the grown kids during the winter.

I do have many things bought and never even installed, but probably easier to wait until all is ready and can organize it some.
Old 12/27/2007, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

sorry to hear about the bad turn of events.
Old 01/09/2008, 04:58 PM
Premium Member

Well, holidays are over. I'll start getting things organized and will start listing what I got soon.
Old 01/10/2008, 03:49 PM
Premium Member

I have not even started looking to decide what I will be asking yet on equipment, as more worried about live items getting cleared out first. But, since I have had some PM's about what I WILL have, made a list off the top of my head. Am sure I forgot a bunch, and is also no extra details or anything, but is a start.

IceCap 660 -
Dual inline TDS meter -
Refractometer -
ReadSea Ozonizer -
Aquacontroller II -
Precision Marine Kalk Reactor -
Oceans Motions 4 way -
Sequence Reeflo Dart -
Mak 4 -
ASM G-4 Skimmer w/extra collection cup -
Sump -
Refugium -
Tank -
RO/DI filter -
Kold Steril filter -
Dual 250W HQI PFO -
400w HQI PFO -
250w HQI fixture x 2 -
400w HQI fixture -
72" Super actinic VHO x2 -
Bag O' Food -
Auto top off -
Level controller -
RO resovoir -
20H tank -
Hammerhead scraper -
16oz Mrs Wages Lime -
Old 01/10/2008, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Stuff FS

Sending PM

Why did I pick such a cryptic usename? Jeremy works just fine.
Old 01/10/2008, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

PM sent
Old 01/10/2008, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

pm sent
Old 01/11/2008, 12:40 PM
Premium Member

I am possibly interested in a few items...waiting for prices and details.

Lisa
Old 01/11/2008, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Sent A PM on one other thing as well!

Eric
Old 01/11/2008, 01:44 PM
Premium Member

For other questions coming in on PM, yes, once I decide what prices to ask, those that asked first will get first shot at it.
Old 01/11/2008, 01:57 PM
Premium Member

Question: As I get organized this weekend and start figuring things out as well as putting more details together, anyone know if it's ok to post link to manufacturer or vendor sites that already has the description, etc?
Old 01/11/2008, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

pm sent

1-75g FW Planted
1-55g African Cichlid
1-125g w/ 4 turts
1-75g RR Reef
1-12g NC Mantis, 1-12g AP Brittle Star
2-cats
2-dogs (1 Catahoula Leopard Mix & 1 Shepherd Mix)
Old 01/11/2008, 03:02 PM
:::===( @ | }

Quote:
Originally posted by scooters reef
Question: As I get organized this weekend and start figuring things out as well as putting more details together, anyone know if it's ok to post link to manufacturer or vendor sites that already has the description, etc?
You should be able to do it, unless its a company that RC has had a problem with in the past, in which they will remove the link.
Old 01/12/2008, 01:09 AM
Just another crazy

Sorry to hear your getting out but glad things are working out better now. I guess sometimes you just need to make a change my house couldn't get much smaller. I would be interested in some of the lighting and the kalk reactor. Never know might be able to use some other stuff too.

Mike

Last edited by mako56; 01/12/2008 at 01:17 AM.