Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/30/2007, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Berghia Nudibranch Packs (includes FedEx shipping)

These are some more of the nudibranches that hatched from the ones I bought to clean the LR I purchased a few months ago for a new tank and realized it was loaded with aiptasia. Berghias are awesome because they can crawl into the smallest cracks and attack even the little aiptasia that you can't even see yet. A bunch of babies hatched out and I am runnin out of the aiptasia to feed them. They only eat aiptasia - they do not eat acro's, mushrooms, or anything else. I sold some here on RC a few weeks ago and now a have some more that are large enough to ship. The rule of thumb is to get two nudibranches for the first ten aiptasia you see and then an additional nudibranch for each additional ten aiptasia you have.

The nudibranches are pre-adults and have just begun laying eggs (an example of a coil of eggs can be seen in the pic below). If you have a major aiptasia problem, it can take a couple of generations to eliminate the pests.

Most places seem to sell berghias online for $15-$19 each plus shipping. I am selling the ones I have left as packs with FedEx overnight shipping included: a pack of 10 berghia nudibranches shipped is $145 and a pack of 5 berghia nudibranches shipped is $95 - price includes the FedEx overnight shipping, box, heat pack, etc. If you want to use your own FedEx account, the nudibranches are $11.50 each - again, no extra charge for box, heat pack, etc.

I guarantee alive arrival for overnight deliveries (only for replacement of the nudibranches, not the shipping cost). Also, I won't be responsible if FedEx has delays due to bad weather, etc., and can't deliver on time. I would prefer to ship the little guys before FedEx increases its prices on 1/7/08.

Acclimation suggestions, etc., will be sent in an e-mail along with the tracking number for the shipment. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thanks and have a safe and happy holiday!!

Old 12/30/2007, 11:53 AM
Premium Member

How do they do in high flow and around powerheads?
Old 12/30/2007, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyke
How do they do in high flow and around powerheads?
You would have to turn the flow off when first introduced into the tank until they get into the rocks. In regard to the powerheads - a definite NO - I have unstretched knee-high pantyhose over my powerheads because of my BTAs, but it seems to work to block the nudibranches also.

Another option some folks use is to place the nudibranches in a small tank with an airstone and place an individual rock from their display tank into the smaller tank. Once it is cleaned off, they swap it with another rock that is cover with the aiptasia - and so on. Once all the rocks that can be moved are cleaned, then they put the nudibranches in the display tank to attack the base/foundation rocks.
Old 12/30/2007, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

did your prices are crazy. salty underground has free shipping on multiple orders and has them for 12 a pop. I'll give $45 shipped for 4 of them.
Old 12/30/2007, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cp3823
did your prices are crazy. salty underground has free shipping on multiple orders and has them for 12 a pop. I'll give $45 shipped for 4 of them.
Yes, they do have free shipping - if you buy at least 30 @ $14 each. If you buy less than 20, they are $15 each, plus you pay shipping. (To get the $12 each price, you have to purchase 75 nudibranches). As a matter of fact, that is where I bought my original nudibranches for the live rock and they are an excellent company. I am not a breeder though, so I need to get rid of the ones that have hatched before I run out of food and they starve. I shipped several nudibranches last week and I sold them for $11.50 each plus shipping. I used the average shipping price to determine how much to charge for the packs this time rather than having to quote a price to every person that PMd.
Old 12/30/2007, 11:48 PM
Registered Member

Post edit

[priceflame]

Last edited by geo; 12/31/2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12/31/2007, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

That's a great deal - enjoy - they can work wonders in a tank!
Old 12/31/2007, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

how do you take payment?
Old 12/31/2007, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by davidandliz
how do you take payment?
PayPal is preferred - just PM if you are interested - thanks!
Old 12/31/2007, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

im not sure 5 is too much for me but ill check around if someone wants to share
Old 12/31/2007, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by davidandliz
im not sure 5 is too much for me but ill check around if someone wants to share
If you only have a few aiptasia (i.e, less than 10 in a large tank), it is quicker to either use a chemical like Joe's Juice (or Kalk mixed with shrimp juice so they won't retract) or simply chisel out that area of the rock(s). If they are on the glass, use a credit card to cleanly remove them from the glass and then a turkey baster (or other type of suction) to get them out of the water. Just make certain you don't break off any of the aiptasia or the pieces could lead to a major outbreak. Berghia are better if you have a dozen or more aiptasia, since that is the only thing they eat. Good luck!
Old 01/01/2008, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Shipping for everyone tomorrow except Andy's pack (shipping next week as you requested).
Old 01/01/2008, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

your mailbox is full
Old 01/01/2008, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

Cleared out - PM sent - thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by jpa14
your mailbox is full
Old 01/02/2008, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

All sold - thanks!