Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/20/2007, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Awesome tank!

You've done an incredible job at this. I wish my bf was that skilled!! We've got some great ideas, but no money or knowledge on how to do an elaborate set up such as yours. Thanks for the tips. It certainly gives us ideas in the future. I don't really like the canopy like you said something isn't right. But you'll get it.
Old 12/20/2007, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Thank you jamielee2406 and everyone. I got a lot of ideas but I gotta keep telling myself its still under construction and its something I can always tinker with if the room decorating doesn't work out.
Old 12/27/2007, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Under one of my 240 gallon tanks we have a 55 gallon tank as the sump full of plants and live rock. It works beautifully. There is a protien skimmer, air stone, pumps, etc. We also have a ballast light to help the plants and algae grow. It's for my reef tank and everything is extremely healthy. There are a ton of copods that are living in there and every so often they get too close to the pump and end up in the big tank and end up eaten!! I know you had mentioned in an earlier post that you were thinking along those lines. Plus my tank is not drilled so it works perfectly.