Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/24/2007, 10:56 AM
Enjoying every minute.

Quote:
Originally posted by argi
I like Stevie Nicks...but she hasn't put out in quite some time
Old 12/26/2007, 01:23 PM
Member in Training

I'm getting mixed signals on the game this weekend..... I know it is carried on the NFL Network. I also heard that because we are in the local market (actually for both teams) they have to also televise it on a major network. Any truth to that?

Also, I have Comcast digital cable but not the NFL network. Can you pay per view the games on the network or do you have to order the whole channel? I really want to see my Giants beat the Pats.
Old 12/26/2007, 01:38 PM
Member in Training

Here is some stuff I found:
Cranston, RI, December 24th, 2007 – WJAR NBC 10 offers to air the December 29th Patriots’ game to make it available to all Rhode Island fans. The game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots is scheduled to air on the NFL network. As currently scheduled, Boston and New Hampshire will be the only New England areas to see the game on free, over-the-air television. Rhode Islanders and other fans across New England will only be able to view the game if they are paid subscribers to the NFL Network.

Bloomberg News reports that the cable operators and the NFL Network are still talking, but it's unclear if a deal will be reached before Saturday.

`There's still time. This is an easy deal to work out,'' NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky told the wire service. "Wednesday-Thursday we'll have a better idea of which cable operators will take up the offer.''

Bloomberg reports that the dispute could leave more than 20 million cable homes without the game, although affected cable viewers in the Boston and New York areas will be able to watch it on broadcast stations.

This last sentence in interesting. Are we considered to be in either of these markets?
Old 12/26/2007, 01:45 PM
Member in Training

Meredith Broadcasting's WFSB Hartford, Conn., says it is ready to "clear its schedule" to air the New England Patriots -- New York Giants game. The CBS affiliate thinks it is within its rights to telecast the Dec. 29 game and has contacted Rep. Joe Courtney to let him know.

Courtney and other members of the Connecticut Congressional Delegation sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Dec. 19, concerned that the NFL was not interested in a one-time broadcast airing of the game between the New York Giants and New England...

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6515087.html
Old 12/26/2007, 03:36 PM
Enjoying every minute.

All I know is...glad I have NFL Network channel. Love it too!
Old 12/27/2007, 07:12 AM
Member in Training

I just heard on ESPN radio the game will now also be carried on CBS and NBC. The commissioner of the NFL announced this yesterday!
Old 12/27/2007, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

i'm glad it will be on regular networks, since i can't figure out how to get my digital cable to look halfway decent on my tv. hopefully since it's on nbc/cbs one or both will put it in HD
Old 12/27/2007, 08:26 AM
Enjoying every minute.

Quote:
Originally posted by kelley_mc
I just heard on ESPN radio the game will now also be carried on CBS and NBC. The commissioner of the NFL announced this yesterday!
I heard that. Cool for all now.
Old 12/27/2007, 08:29 AM
I'm Not Perfect

Not that the game really matter though...The game really has no meaning and it will basically be a preseason game. The starters might go for 1 quarter before they are rested. Both NYG and Pats playoff spots are set.
Old 12/27/2007, 08:42 AM
Member in Training

Yeah, normally I would agree but I think this will be different. You know the Giants would love to take out the Pats and you know that Pats want the perfect season. If the game turns into a quick blowout, I agree. But if the game stays close, then I think you will see a lot of starters stay in. In my mind, I don't think the Giants have what it take to win the Super Bowl. Too many games on the road. It could happen, but with Eli I don't see it. To me this is almost like our Super Bowl.

The cool thing is that this never happened before where a game will be carried on multiple networks. I can't believe how many people are interested in my Giants!
Old 12/27/2007, 08:53 AM
I'm Not Perfect

As much as I would like to agree with you Kelley years pasts have proven you rest starters at this point. The Giants have nothing to gain with a win or a loss. Yes they can say "we prevented the Patriots perfect season", but that will be forgotten soon after the season is done. The Patriots have a perfect season on the line, but if their starters get hurt and they lose in the playoffs what does that matter to them?

I would love to see the starters go the full game (especially in a close game), but I don't see it happening. The coaches are going to protect their starters.

But who knows, maybe it will be 21-0 after the 1st quarter and it won't matter much anyway.

GO GIANTS!!!! (Never thought I would ever say that).

Keith
Old 12/27/2007, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

Either way, I'm just glad they're going to show the game on the networks. I want to see some history made (even though it's not the Eagles!).

My guess is that Belicheck's going to play his starters until he has a big lead. He still wants to rub the "perfect season" in the league's face. If this was any other team and any other season, you'd see starters for a quarter. But, this is a team that goes for it on 4th down when they're up by 21 points. I've never seen that before, just like you'll see Pats starters play until the Pats are dominating. However, I agree about the Giants. The Giants will probably bring in they're rookies after the first.

Should be interesting either way.
Old 12/27/2007, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

i personally think the pats would be smart and not play anyone important, but i would LOVE for the giants defense to SLAM bradey time and time again. maybe break a pinky or something. and then break one of moss's toes. get them out of the picture for the play offs.
Old 12/27/2007, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kelley_mc
ahahhha. My step dad got digital cable JUST to watch this game. As it turns out, not only is it now running on normal channels, but he also isnt even going to be here for it. He remembered that last part while bragging about it to a friend. haha
(they are in the carribean on a cruise... oh yeah... without me!!)
Old 12/27/2007, 10:34 AM
I'm Not Perfect

eaglesrx...You forgot the asterix after perfect season...It should read "perfect season*" .
Old 12/27/2007, 02:18 PM
Enjoying every minute.

So much bitterness in the world today.
Old 12/28/2007, 09:35 AM
I'm Not Perfect

Quote:
Originally posted by chirocato
No bitterness...just giving Bill "asterix man" Belicheat the love he deserves .
Old 12/28/2007, 09:43 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
That's right. I'm still bitter about how much the Eagles suck this year! Let's hear it for Flyer's hockey!! There's one sport that Boston sports isn't dominating. haha.
Old 12/28/2007, 11:20 AM
Enjoying every minute.

Quote:
Originally posted by eaglesrx
That's right. I'm still bitter about how much the Eagles suck this year! Let's hear it for Flyer's hockey!! There's one sport that Boston sports isn't dominating. haha.
Yep and special thanks to the Flyers for taking out Patrice Bergeron for the season if not possibly ending his career altogether.
Old 12/28/2007, 11:31 AM
I'm Not Perfect

Now we are talking real man sports (hockey and football), not that whimpy basketball stuff, LOL.
Old 12/28/2007, 01:56 PM
CT Area Reef Society

Quote:

i hate football!!!!!!
Old 12/28/2007, 01:59 PM
CT Area Reef Society

Quote:
Originally posted by argi
Now we are talking real man sports (hockey and football), not that whimpy basketball stuff, LOL.

try boxing!!
Old 12/28/2007, 02:04 PM
Enjoying every minute.

Boxing is way too violent for me.
Old 12/28/2007, 02:22 PM
CT Area Reef Society

not surprised, WUSS!!!!
Old 12/28/2007, 02:32 PM
Enjoying every minute.

Water???