Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/18/2007, 12:09 AM
hawkfish21 hawkfish21 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Thornton, Colorado
Oh how I would love a Leopard Wrasse or two, but their guarantee isn't so great on them.
Old 12/18/2007, 12:49 AM
rkl303 rkl303 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Denver, CO
Hmm might have flukes in my tank but I don't know how the "rash" got onto my skin...but it dissappeared anyways...

Edit. NM I saw the pictures and mine don't look like that.
__________________
40 Gallon Acrylic
ASM G3 Skimmer Mesh Mod
Teklight T-5 6 Bulb 39W
2 * Korlia 4
Aquamedic Calcium Reactor 1000
Red Sea 50mg Ozonizer

Last edited by rkl303; 12/18/2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12/18/2007, 01:56 AM
runningstix runningstix is offline
Registered Member

Location: Denver, CO
Boo for the 27th! A large order ought to be good for something like pulling strings??
Old 12/18/2007, 10:21 AM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
Will call them as soon as they open today, 9am PST
Old 12/18/2007, 10:57 AM
runningstix runningstix is offline
Registered Member

Location: Denver, CO
Chris, I still havent got an invoice? and do you want us to pay as soon as we get it or wait til shipping is figured in?
Old 12/18/2007, 12:06 PM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
I had only sent two invoices from paypal, one to myself and one to you I sow reciepts for both, I just forwarded the receipt to you,.
Did you get it?
Old 12/18/2007, 12:09 PM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
BTW, I can send everyone an invoice if i have your email address
Old 12/18/2007, 12:36 PM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
Just spoke to Mike at bluezoo, with the holiday backup of FEDEX, they will not ship until the 27th, at the earliest.
He was also very informative about group buys and is emailing some guidelines, which I will post as well.
He said they love to use paypal, but in group buys it can become a problem if they cannot ship an item, they cannot refund just that part.
We might be better off collecting cash, and using a credit card, he suggested.
Well at least we have more time to go over our lists, sorry to anyone who was hoping to get it this week.
Chris
Old 12/18/2007, 12:39 PM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
Guidelines for large group order from Blue Zooş
Old 12/18/2007, 01:23 PM
runningstix runningstix is offline
Registered Member

Location: Denver, CO
Chris, Got it thanks. Do you want me to wait til sunday now so I can put shipping in there and have it all at one time?
Old 12/18/2007, 01:30 PM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
Yes Steve, hold your payment, we may not go paypal anyway.
Got to run to work,
Chris
Old 12/18/2007, 09:14 PM
SWINGRRRR SWINGRRRR is offline
Premium Member

Location: Pcola FL
Hey guys. I am not from your area, but in Pensacola FL. I found this thread after a search.

My club just did a group order with BlueZoo. Mike and Thad were nothing short of spectacular. I cant thank them and praise the company enough. 1 person got a 2 fish on this order. The fish arrived great and we have not had any problems. 1 fish acted up for a couple of hours, but hes doing great now.

Just figured I would drop my .02 cents for a good company.
(No I dont work for them. Just offering feedback)
__________________
Habitual Line Stepper.
Old 12/18/2007, 11:50 PM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
Thanks for your input Swingrrr, well received here. Mike spent nearly 20 min with me on the phone today and made if clear he was availble for any and all concerns in the future. I really got the feeling he wanted to do the best for the animal life, as well as customers.
Chris
Old 12/18/2007, 11:50 PM
tazdvl100 tazdvl100 is offline
Registered Member

Location: denver, CO
have you guys figured out how we are going to pay...because if the order is not going to ship til the 27th then I can go in on the buy like I was going to previously...but again I am still in Texas and would have to know how we would need to pay.

Thanks
Chris
Old 12/19/2007, 01:36 AM
Tajjo Tajjo is offline
Registered Member

Location: Colorado
I want 2 achillis tangs #002346 $69.95 let me know how the payment method is going to work out.
Old 12/19/2007, 08:13 AM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
Were going with cash up front, you can either meet me at home, in Englewood, at my work in Broomfield, or my wife's in Highlands Ranch, or maybe somewhere in between. For those few in other states who cannot get cash to me before the order, I can send them an invoice from my paypal account. We won't know the split of shipping until after the cutoff of 6 pm Sunday the 23rd, but it looks like we will have at least 10 maybe even 20 people to share the shipping costs.
Chris
Old 12/19/2007, 11:12 AM
tazdvl100 tazdvl100 is offline
Registered Member

Location: denver, CO
here is my order

#003277 astrea snail for 10 = 4.80
#003279 nassarius snail for 10 = 4.80
#004416 blue porcelain crab for 4 = 19.92

Total=29.52 plus shipping

just let me know the paypal information and I will get you paid

Thanks
Chris
Old 12/19/2007, 12:16 PM
runningstix runningstix is offline
Registered Member

Location: Denver, CO
When are you collecting money if shipping wont be figured out til after the sunday cutoff?
Old 12/19/2007, 06:36 PM
artful-dodger artful-dodger is offline
Anemone Rancher

Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
With the delay of a week, I may want to join in for a couple of items as well. I'll check it out and send you a PM with specifics if I find anything.

I will offer up one suggestion, however. (It will even save $10 on the order, but that isn't the reason I suggest it.)

Rather than use the Priority Overnight Fedex delivery to your door by 10:30, consider using the cheaper Standard Overnight to the nearest Fedex station for pickup. Especially in the winter, the back of one of those trucks can get pretty cold for the couple of hours. If it goes to one of their staffed locations they will keep it indoors until you go to pick it up. For me, at least, that is only 5 minutes away and I know I can get it even a couple of hours earlier (at 8 a.m.) without any worries.
__________________
"Keep busy, even if with poker, fighting and fast cars, because idleness will get you in worse trouble."
-- Dean Koontz
Old 12/19/2007, 07:43 PM
rmougey rmougey is offline
DARC Board Member

Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
I second that suggestion. Using station pickup, the box is usually ready before 9:00 am and doesn't ride around the city all day in the back of a very cold big white truck.

-Rob
__________________
If at first you don't succeed, you didn't quarantine long enough!
Old 12/19/2007, 09:04 PM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
Sounds Good To Me! To the FEDEX station it is.
As far as the split of shipping goes, as of right now we have
runnigstix $ 39.90
68rustang $109.13
tazdvl100 $ 29.52
oscar89 $ 15.13
luvmyclown $ 72.31
txoilman $ 43.62
pothuntr $ 44.88
tajjo $ 139.90
denverhoss $ 65.08
caleb kruse 30 Nass. snails?
katyttt $23.64

Total without Caleb Kruse's Nass snails, $582.93.

These are the people wo I have orders for, several others have expressed interest but have not given me their order.
Also, none of these people have paid yet, not a big deal,but history has shown that not everyone will. Which is why we cannot know for sure our split until the cutoff time.
Although, I think we can assume at least 10 people to split with and around the $600 total (more people means more to the order, shipping cost), But more people to split with.
Either way we win, I am personally ordering 18 items, for under $30 including shipping.
Chris
Old 12/19/2007, 09:54 PM
katyttt katyttt is offline
Registered Member

Location: Englewood
I have taken the 27th off and have the entire day, and Steve AKA runningstix has even offered to help separate the order.
Old 12/20/2007, 01:51 PM
tkeracer619 tkeracer619 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Golden, CO
I would like to confirm a few items.

20) 005953 Nerite Snail, .25"-.5", Eastern Pacific $0.48ea
4) 005957 Queen Conch, .75"-1.5", Caribbean $3.48ea
1) 001963 Green Mandarin Dragonet , Medium: over 1-2", Indo Pacific, Female $15.95

Thanks
__________________
______________________________
Colorado is sweet.
I'm always down to go to the MJ
My Turbo Honda -> Click little red house.
Friends don't let friends buy from Front Range Aquatics
Old 12/20/2007, 07:15 PM
tazdvl100 tazdvl100 is offline
Registered Member

Location: denver, CO
need to know how to get you payment in the next 24 hours cause I will be without internet service til sunday night into monday (you know how these small towns in Texas are)
just email with info. Tazdvl100@msn.com or you can PM me

Thanks
Chris
Old 12/20/2007, 09:25 PM
68RUSTANG 68RUSTANG is offline
Registered Member

Location: centennial, co
Chris,
Sent you a PM. Where abouts in englewood do you live?
Aloha,
Tony