Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Wisconsin Reef Society (WRS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/11/2007, 08:10 PM
El Jefe de WRS

For Sale / Trade

Well, I would post this on the WRS site, but it seems that I cant post a new thread there... "you do not have permission to access this page". I wanted to post the following so that perhaps this weekend during the meeting I can get rid of some of this stuff!!! I need room!

Where to begin, where to begin...

Okay, I have this colony of birdsnest... the mother of all pink or pink w/ purple polyp birdsnest...

Anyways, it has babies, so item #1...

And item #2...

They are the same thing, from the mother colony, only they have been under lower lighting so I cant keep them as well colored in. There is also a smaller mini-colony, behind the mother so I cant take a pic. Its slightly smaller, but it does have more color... well call that item #3.

Items 1-3: Ill do $20 each. They are more than just frags, so thats more than fair.

Okay, then I have this...

Its that pink with sky blue polyp milli-prostrata type. Im keeping that one, but I have two decent size pieces of it to 'move on'. Its a hard one to capture the color with the camera, but its got a raimbow of colors to it depending where you are looking. It loves light, although it looked its best under T5s for me... something in the pigments really lit up under T5s.
So item #4:

And item #5

Ill do $20 each on those as well.

Then there is this...

Some of you may remember a member by the name of Matt Weston, well, this is a purple milli that he had and only made frags for very few people, and from what I hear, I may have been the only person that didnt kill it in the end. I know John S has it, as well as Bill, and perhaps a couple others. Under 10,000Ks its nice, but under 20,000Ks its crazy looking (pink edges with blue polyps and sky blue tips). The one above hasnt completely colored in yet (the lower branches are still green).

So, item #6:

And #7 is the base of the original colony. It had an RTN problem, so I broke all the branches off to save it. They have encrusted, and the original colony came back... so its starting to send out branches again. I wish the pics could do this thing justice... its a sweet piece. Here is a pic from years ago when I had the coral under a pheonix 14,000K...
Old 12/11/2007, 08:16 PM
El Jefe de WRS

Ill do $20 ea. for 6 and 7 as well. If they were colored in better, they would be $40 a pop, and well worth it as you can see from that last pic.

Then there is the green stuff...
I have a colony up on top of a rock, Item #8:

And another colony down the way from it... #9:

I cant move them lower in the tank, or they would look better, like this branch that fell off a while ago and resides on the sand...

Im not going to list a price on the green though because I think Bill Davis wants them both and offered me a good price. Ill update should this change.
Old 12/11/2007, 08:24 PM
El Jefe de WRS

Then there is this...

The pink encrusting monti. I have pieces like this: #10 that fills up the palm of my hand:

Ill do $20 on #10 there.
But I have little pieces as well, well call them #11 and 12, that are either lose, or on a plug. Ill do $7 on these...

I have a red-pink cats paw Ill sell for $10... (item #13)
(middle)

And of course, purple digi...

Ill call item #14 the main colony here if anyone wants it. The way this stuff grows, its better if I sell the colony every time and regrow a new one from the frags. If you want frags of it... $5, or free if you get other stuff (I just dont want to have people coming over for a free purple digi frag).
Old 12/11/2007, 08:39 PM
El Jefe de WRS

Ill sell #14 there for $15. Its more for the boulder of a rock it sits on than the coral itself.

Then there is this Galaxea, a baby hellspawn of the 'deathstar' which is now the size of a baby's head and resides on a pole to keep it away from the other corals. Its a pretty one though, white tips, or, the tips do turn blue under 20,000Kish light...
Item #15 here, Ill go $20 as well...

And then the royal blue prostrata type milli...
The mother colony here:
Item #16, $30...

For some, this coral turns more of a metallic navy blue... it just depends on the light. I also have a small piece (more like a couple frags encrusted onto a small boulder), Ill call it Item #17, that Ill move for $15. That one is more navy/metallic looking.

And then there are the 'other' corals... ones I could take frags of if one expressed interest. Its best to PM/email me to get an exact price/availability, but you must let me know you are interested and I can make a frag for you...

For instance, I know John S. and Cory want frags of this... so I am encrusting a couple...

Thats an Atlantis Red Milli.

Blue Stag:

Tri-color 'Valida'?

Purple Rim Cap

Peach Milli

Dark Green polyp on light green base acro, looks like a table. Purchased from Kevin Stack at the F&S swap, and grows like a weed for me...

So for those, I with some prior warning, I can just break off a chunk and glue it, or encrust a piece if given a few weeks. I just dont have them on hand because I need to make room first!

And of course, I will deal if you help me out and take a bunch off my hands at once. I need space!!!
Old 12/11/2007, 10:29 PM
Premium Member

I'll take just about anything you want to get rid of, with the exception of the galaxia.
Old 12/11/2007, 10:59 PM
Registered Member

YGPM
Old 12/12/2007, 01:52 AM
El Jefe de WRS

Okay, John S & cory are down for the red Milli, thats been a long time coming...

Marcus71 might be upset with me for taking down his DIY Lumenarc for sale thread, but I had to. Otherwise, I think he wanted a purple milli colony, a blue one, and a pink w/ blue tips one. I quoted him $75, but I since decided to drop the prices to move it all out faster...lol. So he will have to pick which ones he wants and Ill give him dibs since he was first to respond.

Ryan009 wants #3, 16, and a frag of the atlantis red milli when I can make it. Pending Marcus71's selection, #16 should be fine. FWIW Ryan, #1-3 are all from that same mother colony, and with just a few weeks under brighter light, I know that the other ones will light up like firecrackers as well. If under 20,000Kish light, then they turn darker red, almost burgundy, with blue/purple polyps.

JohnS also PM'ed me to say he would take one of the Pink/blue tip milli-prostrata frags, so I think that covers the blue and pink millis. He also wants a 'weston' purple milli, so that pretty much takes care of that.

So it looks like #3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 16 and 17 are spoken for. Tom, if you want any of those, I can break off more from the main colonies and just make a fresh frag plug.

It seems JohnS and Ryan009 wont be at the party on Saturday. Maybe Ill work with Frank on Ryan's stuff, and I think a trip to John S's is long overdue for me, so soon, and then I can bring the stuff down.

Otherwise, who's coming over when? Tomorrow night works for me, if anyone can brave the snow. Otherwise, I do plan on being at the meeting, for the first couple hours at least.
Old 12/12/2007, 01:52 AM
Registered Member

Pm'd
Old 12/12/2007, 06:49 AM
Registered Member

if you still have it id love to get the galaxia
Old 12/12/2007, 12:45 PM
El Jefe de WRS

t_bone for #15, going once, going twice... sold!!
Old 12/12/2007, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

sweet let me know when and where to pick it up
Old 12/12/2007, 05:16 PM
El Jefe de WRS

Oh, and FWIW, with the exception of the Galaxea, I dont think I have enough containers left over for the rest. Oops! Ill have to score some more bags! So if you come by tonight ( I have a styro and container for the galaxea) bring a cooler. I forgot because usually when I get corals I just bring a cooler and plop stuff right in there.

Oh, and steve414 PM'ed me for Item #13 (Red-Pink Catspaw)... are you sure though? I think this is the same type that Cory has... you might already have it.
Old 12/12/2007, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

PM sent
Old 12/12/2007, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

Is there anything left?
Old 12/12/2007, 06:24 PM
El Jefe de WRS

1&2: pink birdsnest (unless Ryan wants one of those instead of #3)

8&9: neon green milli

10-12: pink monti plate coral

14: purple digi mother colony
Old 12/12/2007, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

I don't have it. When he comes over or if I go over there I will ask.
Old 12/12/2007, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

I will take number 2, 9,12, and 14 if nobody wants it.
Location please, and I think I missed the price in the green milli.
Thank you
Old 12/12/2007, 08:46 PM
El Jefe de WRS

t_bone PM'ed me to say he might take #14 tonight (he's stopping by)... and he did it about 2 minutes before you.

I have extra purplr digi pieces, if thats all you want. Whevever a piece of this thing breaks off I just leave where it falls.

Ill check the rest.
Old 12/12/2007, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

That is fine if you have some small pieces of 14
Do you still have the rest 2,9,12 ?
When and where can I pickup the frags?
Old 12/12/2007, 10:49 PM
Premium Member

i think i bought the last of the corals dominga, when they are settled in and look ready to frag, i will call you.

by the way, thanks.

Rollin on 10s
Old 12/12/2007, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

Thank you Marcus
just let me know
Old 12/13/2007, 01:57 AM
El Jefe de WRS

There are still corals dominga, Marcus just bought all the corals he was coming over for. He didnt pick a pink birdsnest (bit did go for #8).

#2, the pink birdsnest, might be spoken for if Ryan009 goes for this over #3 (I would if I were him). #1 (same thing, just kept in lower light and I took a pic of its shaded side) is still open, or #3. Its musical chairs between you and Ryan009, 2 people and 3 pieces, so no problem there.

#9/green milli colony I might be able to do still... need to check with Bill first, I think he offered me $25 for it.

#12/pink cap is still there as well.

And there are bits and pieces of #14/purple digi... enough for me to restart a colony, and some extra I can give you. Would you believe that big 6" diameter colony was just a single 2" stalk 9-12 months ago? I realized though that that colony was where my hippo tang sleeps at night.... so now he bunks with the foxface.

I was trying to make just one more frag of the red milli for Ryan, and broke off an entire branch! OOPS! So I made 4 more red milli frags. When they encrust, Ill be sure to post here.
Old 12/14/2007, 08:31 PM
El Jefe de WRS

Okay, just wanted to check wjat I need to bring to the party tomorrow:

For Ryan009: a frag of the pink birdsnest, and Marcus did take #16, but I have another small colony of it I can sell you. I was going to keep it, but I can make another. Its short, completely encrusted, and has more heads on it than I can count. If you click on my little red house, then page 11, 4th pic from the top (above the red milli pic). Thats the one. Ill go $45 on the birdsnest and blue milli, if you want a red frag right away, Ill do all 3 or $65, and give to Frank.

Il bring the cat's paw for steve414 to give to Josh (hope he knows about it). $10.

And I assume Ill see dominga later on Saturday.
Old 12/14/2007, 10:49 PM
Registered Member

john still have the pink cap ... pm me with a $$

check my red house
Old 12/14/2007, 11:27 PM
El Jefe de WRS

I dont know yet, I think dominga might want the last one I have for now. The mother colony is huge though (about 12" long now) so I can always make more. Ill let you know when I get a chance.