Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/03/2007, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

When's the Superbowl?

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 12/03/2007, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
... Besides you should be worried about what Kansas is gonna do to your team
Kansas does have a high powered offense but if the Hokies come out with their heads screwed on straight and play team defense, I don't see how KU stands a chance. I guess we will see right after new years...
Old 12/03/2007, 07:02 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Go back and look at how Florida won last year, they were playing ahead in nearly all their games. When it came to crunch time they came in and took care of business against Ark. Bowl game or not LSU isn't that good. I would have put money on Georgia or Florida either one against them in the champ game.
Did you just tell me to go back and look at how FLA won their games last year? I went to half of their home games for crying out loud. . I know FLA up and down like you wouldn't believe. FLA was down in the South Carolina game, but they still came back and won. But I get your point, FLA did have the lead for most of the game. They were rarley down.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/03/2007, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Remember what LSU did to Notre Dame? I am predicting OSU will definately lose for sure.
remember how overrated Notre Dame was last year? Michigan kicked thier *** last year and we all saw how they ended up against Usc...Hell i'd say anyone who watched Brady Quinn very hard saw that he was overrated

+ Lsu doesnt have Jamarcu Russell this year
Old 12/03/2007, 08:43 PM
Here comes the Gators

OSU doesn't have Troy Smith and Gonzalez. . OSU lost a lot more talent than LSU did. LSU is a much more experienced team than LSU and that's one major reason why I think they will win. OSU was overrated last year too. FLA kicked their as* as well .

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/03/2007, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

True we did lose alot..im just saying that Notre Dame was wayy overrated and thus it diminishes Lsu's demolation of them.

never know though Tressel didnt run much special against Michigan this year as he usually does im gonna say he's got some tricks lined up for the Tigers
Old 12/03/2007, 09:14 PM
Here comes the Gators

LSU beat Notre Dame just as bad as FLA beat OSU...same exact score. FLA and LSU last year were pretty equally matched up teams. That partially indicates that OSU was not much better than Notre Dame.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/04/2007, 06:30 AM
Registered Member

Except we beat pretty much the same Notre Dame team in a bowl game 2 years ago, and we walked over Michigan state which basically gave notre Dame a win by blowing a 20+ point lead
Old 12/04/2007, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Go back and look at how Florida won last year, they were playing ahead in nearly all their games. When it came to crunch time they came in and took care of business against Ark. Bowl game or not LSU isn't that good. I would have put money on Georgia or Florida either one against them in the champ game.
I am right there with you. I am just not as impressed with LSU as everyone else is. On the other hand, UGA and UF are looking really good right now.
Old 12/04/2007, 11:42 AM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

I though LSU would be the best in the SEC this year with Florida comming on late but too late. Georgia has really been a shock. Right now I think they will challenge Florida for top spot in the SEC next year especially if Tebow suffers the Heisman jinx. LSU will be just one of the pack. Tennessee could be right there too. I am not so sure losing Ange is going to hurt that team all that much.
Old 12/04/2007, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

lol, yeah, that could help the Vols more than anything.
I thought that the Heisman jinx only applied to NFL rookies.
Old 12/04/2007, 12:54 PM

Lienart and White both came back after winning it. Of course the jinx was they couldn't win the national championship game the following years

As much attention as he got this year Tebow is going to be under a microscope next year. It will be interesting how he handles the pressure because he is going to be expected to win the NC.
Old 12/04/2007, 02:21 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro
Except we beat pretty much the same Notre Dame team in a bowl game 2 years ago, and we walked over Michigan state which basically gave notre Dame a win by blowing a 20+ point lead
lol, yeah 2 years ago...riiiight.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/04/2007, 02:25 PM
Here comes the Gators

What really screwed FLA over was their young, inexperienced defense. I knew once Troy scored like 29 points on them that we were going to have problems with the big SEC teams uo ahead.

We lost to Auburn, LSU and UGA which happen to be all tough teams. We lost to all three of those teams with a combined score of 19 points which isn't that bad at all. I bet if we played those three teams again we would for sure win at least two of the games. Next year will be a great year for FLA.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/04/2007, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

my little bro went to a party at Urban Meyer's house over the weekend. I know a few of you are jealous.
Old 12/04/2007, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

UF did have the young D
Old 12/04/2007, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

This is turning into the UF love thread To bad they couldnt make a BCS game this year who knows what you all would be saying then!
Old 12/04/2007, 09:43 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by jocoxVT
This is turning into the UF love thread To bad they couldnt make a BCS game this year who knows what you all would be saying then!
Too bad they actually play in a real conference.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/04/2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Too bad they actually play in a real conference.
Not suprised you would say something like that. Go ahead and talk the talk as much as you like, you wont hear me fighting saying the ACC is a better conference of my knowledge though ACC vs SEC this year went 3 wins to each conference. Im sure you will say next how VT got blown out by LSU once again you wont hear me saying VT is the better team but I guarentee you that game was a fluke, even the LSU fans were saying its the best they have ever seen there team play, if you cant see that there is no saving your SEC soul
Old 12/05/2007, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

I dont think that this is the UF love thread so much as it is the SEC hate thread.
Old 12/05/2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cubman777
I dont think that this is the UF love thread so much as it is the SEC hate thread.
I think it is more fed up with the irrational worship of the SEC by certain people on this thread.
Old 12/05/2007, 12:58 PM
Here comes the Gators

sec haters

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/05/2007, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
sec haters
Maybe it's that we don’t hate the SEC we just see it in a different light. Everyone is always talking about how great the SEC is and I think that has made all of the SEC fans become extremely defensive when anyone says the smallest little thing about their precious conference. Yes you may be the best conference, but it becomes frustrating to try to carry on a conversation with a lot of SEC fans because no matter what you say they always come back saying "Well you just hate the SEC" or "You play in a weak conference" that's why your team is ranked where it is". Plain and simple I would tend to believe that a lot of the voters are smart enough to look at the teams and who they are playing and what they are doing as a whole when they rank them (hence why Florida is the highest ranked 3 loss team), the whole argument that the only reason some teams are ranked so high is because they play weak opponents is over used. You won't hear me saying that I know VT would go in and win the SEC Championship year after year but I will also say with full feeling that I believe we would go in and compete week in and week out and would find ourselves in the hunt more often then not. Yes you guys are strong at the top but don't even try to pretend that you could take a top team from the SEC and they would go out and win any other conference year after year because that is just asinine.
Old 12/05/2007, 03:01 PM
Always a Buckeye

I see you're fairly new to this topic, so one word of advice:

Don't try to talk logic with SEC fans. It just won't work and is a waste of your time.
Old 12/05/2007, 03:06 PM

Last year the SEC was the strongest conference but it wasn't all powerful like the fanboys like to think. The bowl games bare out that opinion. LSU creamed Norte Dame, almost as bad as Michigan earlier in the year. Notre Dame beat Georgia tech by a TD and beat UCLA on a last second score, big deal. The Irish played 3 good teams last year and got trounced every time. Florida spanked OSU but what did that really prove? All the SEC fans last year were saying OSU came from a weak conference and hadn't played anyone. Was Florida that good last year, I don't know, maybe but maybe OSU was as weak as the SEC fans thought. Arkansas, Alabama and Tennessee lost their bowl games, Kentucky and Georgia won by a TD or less. Hardly evidence of a dominent group of teams.

This year I have seen nothing to make me think the SEC is any better than the other conferences, yet.