Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/17/2007, 08:21 PM
Premium Member

Well my tank is a mixed reef and pretty young at that too but here are some pics. Some of these pics are random,..but i got my hands on a good camera for a bit so i had to post

110g
5 foot long
Ati PowerModul with 6 t5s

Old 11/17/2007, 08:23 PM
Premium Member

Old 11/17/2007, 08:24 PM
Premium Member

Old 11/18/2007, 02:49 AM
Registered Member

Wow MI that´s a great tank! Love the colours!

Which lightcombination do you have?
Old 11/18/2007, 03:53 AM
Premium Member

Thanks man. It took me a while to find the combination i liked, and im still not 100 percent happy. Right now i run 2 ati blue plus, 1 actinic, 1 super actinic, 1 uvl aquasun and 1 Ati procolor. Not sure what the order exactly ill have to check.
Old 11/19/2007, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

That´s almost the same combination that I´ve ordered on a German website.. I´m looking forward to get my T5 and replace it with my HQI.. I believe, that you by VHO get more light pr. wattage? That´s my impression when I look this thread through

Last edited by Koralfisken; 11/19/2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11/19/2007, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

MI, what Anthias is the ones in your aquarium, and are they doing well in your aquarium? What are you feeding with?
Old 11/19/2007, 10:49 PM
Premium Member

Lyretail Anthias,..never had a problem. They eat like pigs, whatever i throw in. Only thing they dont eat is Nori.

Be careful with this combination,..i just read somebody else that is having bleaching issues with this many Blue+ and actinics. I am slowly bleaching some of my lps with this combo(cynarina and lobo), my sps are growing very good though,..so i might change it a bit around, maybe introduce some 6k and 11k instead.

Really theres no way i have found to get exactly what you want without just buying some extra bulbs and playing around. I have 4 bulbs sitting in the back that im not using right now. But thats not money thrown away because i will use them to change my existing ones in 6 months or so.
Old 11/20/2007, 02:05 AM
Registered Member

Mac Inger, I like your colors, where do you buy your bulbs?if you can't post site just pm me, thanks
Old 11/20/2007, 02:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mac Inger
Thanks man. It took me a while to find the combination i liked, and im still not 100 percent happy. Right now i run 2 ati blue plus, 1 actinic, 1 super actinic, 1 uvl aquasun and 1 Ati procolor. Not sure what the order exactly ill have to check.
help me out here, the blue + is 11k, the atinic peaks at 420 nanometers, the super atinic is 450 nanometer peak, then there's the uvl aqua sun and the ati procolor. where can i get the ati procolor? there are so many name brands of t5's and all name there bulbs differently so i'm just trying to clear up the color selection. thanks
Old 11/20/2007, 02:34 AM
Moving Along

Quote:
Originally posted by reefsahoy
help me out here, the blue + is 11k, the atinic peaks at 420 nanometers, the super atinic is 450 nanometer peak, then there's the uvl aqua sun and the ati procolor. where can i get the ati procolor? there are so many name brands of t5's and all name there bulbs differently so i'm just trying to clear up the color selection. thanks
The blue+ refers to ATI's brand, although I run Geismann I know there different but close and Geismann has their version called actinic+ which is rated at 22k. And also has the aquablue+ which was advertised as 11k but rated by the manufacturer as 15k. So if you do want an 11-15k bulb but want ATI then you would chose there Aquablue special. Hope this helps a little. You can get these bulbs at reefgeek.com, go there and you can't go wrong

-Justin
Old 11/20/2007, 03:21 AM
Premium Member

Yes i get them at reefgeek. I live in LA so i just ride there. Greg is a good guy.
You can get the ProColor there. I have an Aquablue special, but that was just too white for me. It washed everything out.

The procolor (or the KZ Fiji Purple,..havent tried this one) helps a lot. I set up one bank of my Ficture with just one Blue + and the Procolor. It was dim kind of, but looked so cool. Whenever the Anthias were swimming under the procolor and closer to the surface they would glow so much red it was hard to actually see them,..like a blown out red glowing blur. very very cool. If i had an 8 light fixture i would definitely go with two procolors,..but with six, i think it makes the overall tank too red.

Btw also really cool, uvl aquasun and procolor only,..like a santa monica sunset on steroids
Old 11/20/2007, 04:13 AM
Crawfish Eating Reefer

Dang MacInger, I'm not so impressed on the bulbs as I am with your photography skills. Nice camera, too. Beautiful pictures. And I'm sure the bulbs are nice.
Old 11/20/2007, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

Mac, so you have 2 ATI blue plus, ATI true atinic, UL super atinic, ul aquasun, and ATI procolor? you have no "white bulbs" is this right?
Old 11/20/2007, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Scissorhand
Dang MacInger, I'm not so impressed on the bulbs as I am with your photography skills. Nice camera, too. Beautiful pictures. And I'm sure the bulbs are nice.
I was thinking the same thing! What camera setup and settings?
Old 11/20/2007, 04:19 PM
Premium Member

Hey that sucks Id rather have my bulbs straight. Im really no photographer, a friend came over with a Canon 40d. Hard to take bad pictures with that thing. I just experimented with fstops and exposure till i liked what i got,..then the real blinger is manual focus, so you get some nice depth of field.
You cant catch everything in focus all the time, with manual, unless yure experience, but i took a whole lot of pics and discarded the unfocused ones. All i did as post processing was a bit of brightness/contrast adjustments and the black frame.
Really,..once you have a decent camera then its really the lens that makes the pictures, there youre getting in wole new hobby

reefsahoy: yessir, no white bulbs. I have an aquablue special, but its gathering dust. Too washed out for me.
Old 11/21/2007, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

Here is my 30 gallon display tank. 2-24 watts 6500K T5, one is overdriven; 1- 40 watts 12000K T5; 1-24 watts and 1-40 watts blue pro T5.

Thanks for viewing
DIY full auto controller- cooling fans and lights
DIY cc skimmer, 3’ high 4” dia.
DIY auto top off
DIY kalk reactor
DIY cooler- drip type with pads
Old 11/21/2007, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Amazing tank! Looks lot bigger than 30 gal
Old 11/21/2007, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Blue plus is not 11K....the aquablue special is 11K...just wanted to straighten.

also, the acans in that tank are very nice!
Old 11/21/2007, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Blue plus is not 11K....the aquablue special is 11K...just wanted to straighten.

also, the acans in that tank are bad ***
Old 12/01/2007, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

B
U
M
P

Old 12/01/2007, 03:00 PM
Zooxanthallae Anonymous

This is my 120. I started it 1.5 years ago, and almost everything you see in there was a frag when I got it...even the orange cap in the center. I have an 8 bulb Tek, with the following combination: 2 Fiji Purples, 4 ATI BluePlus, 2 UVL Super Actinics. I don't use ANY additives, I don't feed my corals specifically...they get whatever the fish make for them. I use a calcium reactor and a kalkwasser topoff, and change the water, if I remember to, once a month, about 30 gallons.
Not a great picture, as the color in person is TONS better than what I can get camera to capture, as I used an OLD point and shoot, and I really have no background in photography.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Old 12/04/2007, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

Some delicious corals you have in there. Sweet
Old 12/04/2007, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Those are some very great looking tanks.
Old 12/04/2007, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Wow great looking tanks.............please raise your hand if you use Photoshop

Michael
IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.......
BAREBOTTOM ALL THE WAY®