Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/26/2007, 04:36 PM
2/08 HB first show

My experience with Dino

Well, all in all I have to say it was a nice time.. We are way differnt, which is fun, I also spared him, dancing and a night club, I don't think he would have handled it all that well..

Of course, like Dino said he did get a little home sick but I expected that.. I am glad he had a good time..

So let me clear a few things up;

First, my parents, I should say are a *little* different.. They are just loud and loud and louder.. I spared Dino the trip down to my fathers side of the family for turkey day, for some reason a 100+ (mostly, drinkers) I don't think he would have faired to well.

It's NOT JANE-KEY, it just janky, like not good, something is bad, rotten, crappy... Better then saying the sailor version in front of virgin ears like Dino's (ok, that only stopped me a couple of times.. )

It's called energy conservation, lights should not be left on in places where people do not need them, saves money too..

I think the trip to SF was fun, he looked all wide eyed when we walked up off BART to the middle of the city.. I tried to find a trannie, to get a pic with, but I doubt I could have convienced him to take a pic with her.. But whatever.

I think Dino, hardly eats, we went out all the time, which is a bad habit I have, i rarly eat at home but Dino hardly eats..

ONE THING I REGRET... NOT TAKING ALL KINDS OF PICS MYSELF..

Dino took LITERALLY hundreds and all he has posted is like 4.. There was even a special monkey one for the loungers... I took some of him with a fake pirate too.

WHERE ARE THE PICS?

A person can solve a lot of problems by FIRST using a QT tank.. QT all new fish.
Old 11/26/2007, 04:40 PM
Guardian of Little People

Hattie, I have already nagged at him about the pictures. Somehow it doesn't seem right to "massage" the pictures so much before you post them. I would never know if I was looking at the real image or some extensive photo-editing.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 11/26/2007, 04:41 PM
2/08 HB first show

Oh, ya, and Dino is not lying all his clothes are Carhart and he wears his cowboy everywhere..

Oh, don't get me started on shopping, we did shop and I shopped on Sat and Sunday too.. Dino, is NOT a shopper his womens fashion sense is lacking, but then again so are most guy's.

HE did forget to remind us to go back and get DC her special bread.

but he did think of all the loungers while he was here and had all kinds of nice things to say about everyone..

More later..

oh and WHERE ARE ALL THE PICS?????

A person can solve a lot of problems by FIRST using a QT tank.. QT all new fish.
Old 11/26/2007, 04:42 PM
2/08 HB first show

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianD
Hattie, I have already nagged at him about the pictures. Somehow it doesn't seem right to "massage" the pictures so much before you post them. I would never know if I was looking at the real image or some extensive photo-editing.
I know, I know.. I hope he posts more, there are quite a few.. I tried to get him to post a whole bunch in a row.. Didn't work for me either

Old 11/26/2007, 04:42 PM
On "The List"

Re: My experience with Dino

Quote:
Originally posted by Hattie B
I think the trip to SF was fun, he looked all wide eyed when we walked up off BART to the middle of the city......

if I had known that was you two, I would have said HI

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 11/26/2007, 04:44 PM
2/08 HB first show

Re: Re: My experience with Dino

Quote:
Originally posted by BigSkyBart
if I had known that was you two, I would have said HI
You want to know what I thought after I wrote that?

Old 11/26/2007, 04:47 PM
On "The List"

yes, please!

I'm glad you two enjoyed your visit!

Old 11/26/2007, 04:49 PM
Grampa Extroardinaire

That you didn't take public transportation in Fresno - that would have meant you would be taking FART!!!

Fresno Area Rapid Transit

Too old for women to care
Old 11/26/2007, 04:51 PM
2/08 HB first show

Dude, Fresno is an armpit..

Old 11/26/2007, 05:50 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigSkyBart
bart?
do your posts ever make any sence?
Old 11/26/2007, 05:55 PM
On "The List"

I checked my calendar & you're not on the listed on the schedue of "those I must please" for today, but all my posts make perfect sense to me

Old 11/26/2007, 06:15 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Re: My experience with Dino

Quote:
I think Dino, hardly eats, we went out all the time, which is a bad habit I have, i rarly eat at home but Dino hardly eats..

ONE THING I REGRET... NOT TAKING ALL KINDS OF PICS MYSELF..

Dino took LITERALLY hundreds and all he has posted is like 4.. There was even a special monkey one for the loungers... I took some of him with a fake pirate too.

WHERE ARE THE PICS?
I eat all the time! Just because you must have the metabolism of a jack rabbit, while I have a certain limit to the number of pounds of food I can eat in a day!

And I've posted more than 4 - a whole 12 or 13 to be exact! I've been busy! At the very minimum I need to convert them over from a RAW format and resize them as I'm on a slow internet connection, which all takes time! Actually, what I've been working on today is converting all my pictures so its easier to show people them, it all takes time though!

And the pictures with the pirate I deleted because they were extremely out of focus, actually....come to think of it, its probably because we kept stopping and every little thing so you could take my picture why I didn't have any battery left by the time we went around on the Go Car!

And her parents being loud and different is an understatement!

Hattie was actually very nice - she even spared stopping and making me pose with the protesters .

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 11/26/2007, 07:24 PM
Moved In

Glad to hear you both had a good time. I never had a doubt. Dino, it's the thought that counts.

Now about those pictures...do we need to change your name to ManWithNoPictures? Or maybe we should do another poll.

BTW, I like loud people, I are one. Maybe you should come here, I wouldn't spare you embarrassment.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 11/26/2007, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Re: My experience with Dino

Quote:
Originally posted by dinoman
And I've posted more than 4 - a whole 12 or 13 to be exact! I've been busy! At the very minimum I need to convert them over from a RAW format and resize them as I'm on a slow internet connection, which all takes time! Actually, what I've been working on today is converting all my pictures so its easier to show people them, it all takes time though!
Oh, really? Where? Where are these 12 or 13 pictures that you refer to? I've seen 3 or 4, maybe 5. We want many posts of numerous pictures in chronological order on ONE thread so we can get the true FEEL of the trip.

Hattie, you're right. You should have brought your own camera!
Old 11/26/2007, 10:01 PM
All will be well.

Glad you guys had fun. Did someone mention pictures?
Old 11/27/2007, 05:58 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by kfisc
Glad you guys had fun. Did someone mention pictures?

Thats all they've been doing is MENTIONING pictures.

Old 11/27/2007, 08:50 AM
On "The List"

Dino & the Tranny

Quote:
I think the trip to SF was fun,....I tried to find a trannie, to get a pic with, but I doubt I could have convienced him to take a pic with her.. But whatever.
secret survailence film

Old 11/27/2007, 08:53 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

That's a good lookin' trannie!

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 11/27/2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dinoman
That's a good lookin' trannie!
I bet you said that more than once in San Fran.

Old 11/27/2007, 09:18 AM
Wangateur & Sauveteur

Is the reason we don't see any photos of dino in SF because he was always dressed in gingham and lace?
Old 11/27/2007, 09:18 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

I was looking through a little guide we got sometime while in San Fran and there are advertisements in it for ummmmm..."alternative" trannie bars. I'm glad Hattie spared taking me to one of those too!

Alright - another difference story for y'all that I just remembered a few moments ago. I thought this was pretty strange too, down there I swear everything must have a number attached to it. If they're talking about directions or going somewhere it kinda sounds like this "We'll take the 302 over to the 101 and take the 326 exit." You NEVER hear something like that around here! Everything here has a name, if you're giving directions it'll be something like "Yeah, jump on the interstate and go until the lower prairie dog exit." And its not just roads, one night we were talking about TV shows or something and there is this one Hattie always watches and I had never heard of it. So I asked what channel it was on and she said channel 5. You never hear about something being on "channel 5" or "channel 2" around here. You always refer to a channel by the call sign, WGN, ABC, NBC, CNN. Even our radio stations we refer to by the call sign KROE, KYTI, etc.

Old 11/27/2007, 09:27 AM
Wangateur & Sauveteur

A local here in Detroit Lakes once gave me directions to a house which included the sentence "Take a left where the pregnant tree used to be."

Not only did one have to know what a pregnant tree was, but also where it used to be, since it had apparently been cut down a decade earlier.

Last edited by joeychitwood; 11/27/2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11/27/2007, 09:33 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by joeychitwood
Is the reason we don't see any photos of dino in SF because he was always dressed in gingham and lace?
Here is a picture of me in SF! You'll have to look past the missed focus point - it was Hattie taking the picture

Old 11/27/2007, 09:48 AM

Hooters!

Old 11/27/2007, 09:50 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianD
Hooters!
Right by Joe's Crab Shack and the In-n-Out place.