Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Chico Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/16/2007, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Off topic/ nothing important thread.

just to give us a place to BS a bit.
it will get confusing but thats all the fun.

i'll start. i love taco trucks. just look at me thats obvious. i like dukes cork and bottle or el grullense on park by skyway. which one is your favorite? you know you eat at them....
Old 11/16/2007, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

i have not hit up any of the taco trucks in chico but in redding reco's taco's is damn good.... in the store or off there trucks.....
Old 11/16/2007, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

When I work in Paradise I hit the one south of Taco Bell near the NorthWest corner of Clark and Pearson I think in the King's Tavern Parking lot - love them burritos. Other than that I don't usually visit them. I probably should more- especially now that it is getting cooler.
Old 11/16/2007, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

yeah he's a good one chris. i go there all the time.
whatever you do AVOID the one in magalia just past the shell station. i dont know if he's still there though because his tacos and burritos were foul. it was some nasty crap. taco seasoning and liquid smoke. ugggh i still shudder to this day. 3 bites was all i could choke down.
Old 11/16/2007, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

My favorites would have to be the Tacos El pinolero trucks here in chico, there's a couple of them one's in the chico collision center parking lot and the other is in the parking lot on esplanade across from where the albatross was. They have the best steak there, as for chico I love the one on the corner of esplanade and shasta. It's a more permanant trailer type one.

I do enjoy the one inside dukes, they're pretty good as well. I actually just had taco truck today for lunch! It's cheap and good!
Old 11/16/2007, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

I must admit this brought my attention to finally visit the one nearby my house. I think the guys who run it live only a two houses away from me too. Small world. It was soo good. I'm still full. NW corner of Shasta and Esplanade in Chico.
Old 11/16/2007, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

There used to be a truck out on East Avenue, and so one day we took one of our friends there, because he said he would eat their cowbrain burrito if we bought it for them. We got there and they had stopped serving cow brains for whatever reason. It was really dissapointing.
Old 11/17/2007, 03:10 AM
Registered Member

Yeah that one on NW corner of shasta has the best chicken quesadillas!! I love those!
I actually have a running tab at the one across from where albatross used to be, the guy that owns it is one of the funniest people I've met.

Yeah I've actually eaten a tongue taco before and it wasn't all that bad. I got it on accident and enjoyed it until I found out what it was. I wouldn't order it again even if it tasted pretty good.
Old 11/17/2007, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

i have a big issue with tasting something that can taste me. no thanks. just give me my asada and beans with no rice and im a happy fatman. is the one on shasta the trailer by the tack store? i havent been on that end of town in a while.
Old 11/17/2007, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

Yep! right by the tack store. I don't like their asada as much as the other one I go to but their chicken, and mainly the quesadillas are to die for! I don't think you'll be disappointed but to each his own.
Old 11/17/2007, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kinghokus420
no rice
im with you on that one hehehehe
Old 11/17/2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Man I go no beans with extra rice.... or just all meat.
Old 11/18/2007, 04:15 AM
Registered Member

No rice, and for the love of everything sacred, NO CILANTRO.
Old 11/18/2007, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

no cilantro?

thats the best part. i usually ask for extra.
Old 11/18/2007, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

I'm not a cilantro fan either. I grew up without spices and simple foods... slowly I'm adapting but cilantro is just way too much for me at this point in my life.
Old 11/18/2007, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

I used to not like cilantro but now I love it! I always order with cilatro although not extra as the one time I did that it was a huge cilantro burrito.... I can't wait to go down to mexico next year and eat the truly authentic tacos there. They're not too far off from the ones here they're just a lot cheaper and have a little bit better flavor
Old 11/18/2007, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by iairj84
I used to not like cilantro but now I love it! I always order with cilatro although not extra as the one time I did that it was a huge cilantro burrito.... I can't wait to go down to mexico next year and eat the truly authentic tacos there. They're not too far off from the ones here they're just a lot cheaper and have a little bit better flavor
And they don't wash their hands when they make them
Old 11/18/2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Naaaa! We go down with the locals and they know where the clean ones are. I don't think any of us have gotten sick from it yet the last 5 years of going 3 or 4 times over the course of the week....

You're right though, you have to be kinda careful with some of them
Old 11/20/2007, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Who's going to a taco truck today?
Old 11/20/2007, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

I am!!! At least that's the plan after class
Old 11/21/2007, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Went back to that taco truck of Shasta & Esplanade for lunch. Whew. So good. That's like enough of a meal to keep you full for more than a meal. I think I'll only have a snack for dinner. Ughh Not bad for $5.
Old 11/30/2007, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Who's asking for a reef related christmas gift? Or planning those gift cards to be spent at your LFS?

No taco truck today...
Old 11/30/2007, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

I'm asking for a skimmer for christmas

I doubt I'll get one but you never know... Probably a gift card as anyone that would buy me one would be too clueless to know which to buy and would be too worried about messing up.

No taco truck for me either today... Went to the chico meat locker though! They have the best tri-tip sandwiches on fridays.... I can't reccomend it more!
Old 12/01/2007, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

Shhh... If I recall you have to phone in your request for a Friday tri-tip sandwich early cause they always sell out. One of the best kept secrets in Chico. Oh well.
Old 12/02/2007, 03:19 AM
Registered Member

HA! No I actually never order over the phone for it. I get there right around noon before the mechanics get there with their phone orders and luckily they still have it. I've seen them fulfill orders through 1:00 before so I'm guessing they must just be making more..... I'm sad when I miss tri-tip Friday