Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/15/2007, 10:57 PM
Premium Member

I thought I would share some new pictures of my tank and its inhabitants. Switched 2 of my T5 bulbs to the new ATI Procolors and I am much happier with the look.

Full tank shots:

My GSM finally decides to venture more than 1.5 inches away from his RBTA

The three musketeers:

You don't want to know what "Tom" the Tomini tang is waiting for the wrasse to do...

Well, fish stocking is complete, and so I'm finally going to start to add some corals! I'll post pictures of the new additions soon.
Hooper: That makes a lot of sense.
Old 10/16/2007, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

I really like your fish selection.
Old 10/16/2007, 07:52 AM
clown addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sirjohn
I thought I would share some new pictures of my tank and its inhabitants. Switched 2 of my T5 bulbs to the new ATI Procolors and I am much happier with the look.

Full tank shots:

Tank is looking beautiful and I love the lighting change.

I noticed something in the bottom left hand corner of this picture...almost like a worm or something. Do you see it and what is it ?
Old 10/16/2007, 08:56 AM
Premium Member

The cabinet is very nice and matches your furnitures

Rockwork also very nice!
Old 10/16/2007, 09:04 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FUA
I really like your fish selection.
Thanks FUA. I was striving for a colorful, yet peaceful tank. The only bickering I see are the Anthias chasing and "dive-bombing" each other every once in a while, but with no apparent damage.

Funny thing, I thought I would have the most trouble with the Maroon Clown, but she has been the most peaceful resident of the tank.
Old 10/16/2007, 10:16 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for your comments, Jan.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacific Reefs
Tank is looking beautiful and I love the lighting change.

I noticed something in the bottom left hand corner of this picture...almost like a worm or something. Do you see it and what is it ?
Thanks Pacific. The ATI T5 Procolors replaced two T5 Aquasuns, which I suppose I'll use as spare bulbs. The Aquasuns have really good par, but the light is really, really harsh, at least in my setup.

The worm crawled out of the sand a few days ago. It's long, very thin and white. It looks thicker because its covered in substrate. I think it's a spaghetti worm, but I'm not sure. It doesn't move very much, that's for sure.
Old 10/16/2007, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sirjohn
The stand and canopy were made by BRI Aquatic Cabinets in Jacksonville, Florida.
Beautiful tank!

Can you tell me how you reached BRI? They have no contact info on their website, and their phone seems to be disconnected.

Since they won't sell direct, I was trying to find a dealer up here in Massachusetts, but no joy....
Old 10/16/2007, 11:45 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JayM
Beautiful tank!

Can you tell me how you reached BRI? They have no contact info on their website, and their phone seems to be disconnected.

Since they won't sell direct, I was trying to find a dealer up here in Massachusetts, but no joy....
Thanks for the comment Jay. Sent you a PM.
Old 10/16/2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

So BRI won't sell direct, you have to go through your LFS or something?
Old 10/16/2007, 05:18 PM
Moved On

Looking good! keep us posted.
Old 10/16/2007, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FUA
So BRI won't sell direct, you have to go through your LFS or something?
I bought my canopy/stand direct from them, without going through a LFS. They used to have a separate web page for internet (retail) sales direct to customers, where you could submit questions and your order online through their e-mail system. I do not see it any longer, so I'm not sure if they've gone all wholesale or what. If you want the contact info I have for them, just send me a PM and I'll reply with it.
Old 10/17/2007, 12:46 AM
Registered Member

Do you have a website for someplace that sells that sump? Thanks.
Old 10/17/2007, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jmicky41
Do you have a website for someplace that sells that sump? Thanks.
Sure. You can find the ADHI sump/refugium at Champion Lighting, www.championlighting.com
Old 10/30/2007, 12:56 PM
Kiss my Wrasse

SirJohn,
Where did you end up getting the RODI and 2 part containers. Mainly I like the RODI topoff container, but seem to have issues finding something like yours. I do not mind my current setup with a HD 5 gal covered pail, but If I can save horizontal space, by going a little more vertical, that would make me happy. I am sure 1g rubbermade containers are pretty easy to find.

I just received all my pieces for my 2 part dosing, so I would prefer to set it up right, if I cannot find anything I suppose I can just add 2 milk bottles.
Old 10/30/2007, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

I just love your tank. The rock work. All the nice white sand bed showing and love your fish list. What corals are you going with?
Old 10/30/2007, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

I just love your tank. The rock work. All the nice white sand bed showing and love your fish list. What corals are you going with?
Old 11/05/2007, 10:34 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Husky_1
SirJohn,
Where did you end up getting the RODI and 2 part containers. Mainly I like the RODI topoff container, but seem to have issues finding something like yours. I do not mind my current setup with a HD 5 gal covered pail, but If I can save horizontal space, by going a little more vertical, that would make me happy. I am sure 1g rubbermade containers are pretty easy to find.

I just received all my pieces for my 2 part dosing, so I would prefer to set it up right, if I cannot find anything I suppose I can just add 2 milk bottles.
Husky, I bought all of the containers at The Container Store in front of Dadeland. I opted to go with these smaller containers, and then use that 10 gallon brute when I go on vacation or something (away from the tank for more than 6 days or so)
Old 11/05/2007, 10:40 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritten
Thanks for the nice comments Ritten.

I am going with a mix of lps/softies. I also plan to add a few clams at the top, make sort of a clam mountain or something

Work's kept me away from the tank recently, but I should have some updated pics soon.
Old 11/27/2007, 02:52 AM
Registered Member

Great Job on the setup... aquascaping... stand and canopy...actually, EVERYTHING!!!! Husky turned me over to your thread as I just bought a 92 corner as well. Your thread (& his) will be very insightful. If its not to much to ask, I was wondering if I can see your set up one day in person? Congrats on the great tank and work!!
Old 11/27/2007, 12:04 PM
Premium Member

sirjohn

Wonderful setup! Very clean layout. Any update pictures?

I just started a 54 gallon version of your tank and hope I can keep it as organized.

Larry O
Old 12/03/2007, 04:27 AM
Registered Member

sirjohn,
I have been keeping an eye on your tank for the past couple of months. It looks great. I have the same tank and a similar stand, that has been running for about a year, however all of the equipment is second hand and we are wanting to upgrade. I was wondering if you can answer a few questions about your tank set up for me? What are the lights attached to? How are the lights configured, are they centered or staggered? Looking in my hood I was thinking 24", then 3-36" then 2-24", or was there a better way to make them fit. Do you find that the t5's are powerful enough for everything in your tank, namely the Anemone? Do you like the vortech's? Do they provide enough circulation by themselves? Right now we have 3 powerheads that are very ugly and I don't think they provide enough flow. We were thinking of breaking down our tank to add a sump, and in the mean time we could add spray bars behind the rock. Or do the vortechs add enough flow behind the rock without spray bars? Would love to see updated pictures if you have any.
Thanks,
Marcie
Old 12/03/2007, 09:31 AM
Kiss my Wrasse

Marcie, keep in mind that spray bars usually call for a pressure rated pump, and usually take a lot of GPH...

Also, I am sure his t5's on individual reflectors are enough for anything, but if you are worried you can always fit a Mh + t5 supplement. I have a Lumenarc Stealth Mini De, + 2x24" T5 and 1x36" t5 on my 92 corner canopy.
Old 12/05/2007, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

Quick question, not sure if this has been covered before, but where did you get your sump from?

thanks
Old 12/05/2007, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Nice job !!!
Old 12/05/2007, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

The best looking tank I've ever seen (and I read ToTM). Everything is so well planned out down to the last detail -- it's aesthetically pleasing in every aspect.

I love it.