Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Reef Keepers of Myrtle Beach
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/14/2007, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Bruce's

For those of you who haven't been up to Sea Critters Depot in a while, Bruce finally got his coral system done. He has some nice clams and lps. I got a nice three inch tear drop maxima for $ 45.00 . He did a really good job of designing the set up.
Old 10/15/2007, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Dave, so you got my email then.... That is an awesome clam you got.

You're right, Bruce has made an impressive display for his corals.

Good Job Bruce!
Old 10/16/2007, 10:01 AM
Premium Member

Bruce's shop has definitely changed a lot in the past year and from what I understand there are quiet a few more changes coming. I know most of you guys are on the south end, but If you haven't been to Sea Critters Depot in a while its absolutely worth a visit, besides North Myrtle Beach isnt that far gah, slackers
Old 10/16/2007, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

About as far as most of our meetings are for you?
Old 10/16/2007, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

OUCH!!!
Old 10/16/2007, 11:50 AM
Premium Member

Can I post kiss my [violation] on these boards?

Not if you want to continue posting on this board.

Last edited by mhurley; 10/17/2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10/16/2007, 11:51 AM
Premium Member

Guess not... stupid astrisks
Old 10/17/2007, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

if bruce wasn't such an [violation]i might go by but he's ticked me off one to many times.

see comment above

Last edited by mhurley; 10/17/2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10/17/2007, 10:55 AM
Premium Member

Wow Chad, way to bring down a positive thread. Guess the whole if you cant say something nice thing, just got shot to hell
Old 10/17/2007, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Tell us how you really feel.
Old 10/18/2007, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Bruce's

First walked into Bruce's store 4 yrs. ago when I moved down here. It was like walking into the final storage scene of Raiders. OK that's an exaggeration, but he has done some nice improvements over the years. I like to think my thousands of dollars I've spent there has helped out. OK that's an exaggeration too, but I am helping out with the overall image of the store. Check out the new SCD logo (below). You might also catch a glimpse of his truck with a new decal wrap zippin around town (below, not the final design). Hope to get the website redesign up soon. Will send out a link when it's up.

Old 10/18/2007, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Hey Chad,
I just wanted to apolagize for whatever problem I have caused you. I am not exactly sure I did but, I would appreciate it if you would give me a chance to resolve this issue(s). Please give me a call or stop by the store some time so we can work this out.
thanks,
Bruce
Sea Critters Depot
Old 10/18/2007, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

I think some people on here are acting like they're stupid. Things have been heard about what has been said...I think your wrap does need some more work, It looks a little generic to me. Just my opinion don't take it the wrong way. Andrew who do you work for?
Old 10/19/2007, 02:22 AM
Registered Member

Right, a full auto wrap would be the best solution, except you get into a higher cost bracket, which in this case is almost triple. Trying here to get high visibility and attention to the business, at the same time keep the cost as low as possible; more bang for the buck basically. I work for Collins + Company. If in need of some design work stop by the office. We are a small agency located in the Rainbow Harbor complex in MB. Got Guitar Hero loaded up in the conference room… if you can take down the boss he might give a discount on some advertising.
Old 10/21/2007, 11:55 AM
Premium Member

I dont think Bruces strong point is personality Please dont take that the wrong way Bruce, but I thats my opinion.

Ive heard a lot of stories about Bruce over the years. I always tried to defend him for the most part. I did however spread the word through the reef club when he did me wrong. Its been a few years since Ive been in his store or bought anything from him. I do think every one deserves a second (and maybe third) chance though. I will be revisiting Bruces store once I start getting some livestock for my new tank. I can handle a rough personailty and expect him to be himself around me, but I wont stand for dishonesty again.
Old 10/22/2007, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

i dont know what bruce has done but i have never had a problem with him ever has always treated me fair when i didnt work in a pet store now that we compete against each other i cant really root for the other guy but i do send people to him for stuff i dont carry or cant get ahold of cheers to your new tank bruce havent seen your wife in a while does you daughter still hAve her seahorses
Old 10/22/2007, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

i dont know what bruce has done but i have never had a problem with him ever has always treated me fair when i didnt work in a pet store now that we compete against each other i cant really root for the other guy but i do send people to him for stuff i dont carry or cant get ahold of cheers to your new tank bruce havent seen your wife in a while does you daughter still hAve her seahorses
Old 10/23/2007, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

Everyone- I am going to ask the RC Staff to close / lock this thread. I think it's gotten a little out of hand.

We started talking about what wonderful animals and the awesome new setup for hard corals that Sea Critters Depot has and then it turned into a "b!tchfest" about Bruce, the store owner. I don't think that's fair.

I thought we all learned this as children, but I guess not. If you can't say something nice, you shouldn't say anything at all! <-- That's not pointed at anyone in particular, but people need to remember that.

In my opinion, if you don't want to go visit Sea Critters Depot for one reason or another, then you are the one that is missing out.

I think we all need to remember that this is a hobby and it's supposed to be fun!

Bruce, keep doing what you're doing!

Rick