Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/10/2007, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Angry ricordia nut

Does anyone in this group have contact with ricordia nut or know of a way to contact him?

I purchased a Aquatinics T5 light from him that he listed on the RC equipment forum. I paid for the light thru paypal on 9/18 and it was supposed to be shipped on 9/24. Long story short he has not shipped the light and hasn't refunded my money. We have exchaged emails and he indicated he did have an injury from work but he has also promised to refund my money but has not.

I have disputed the payment through paypal but he has not responded. I just want to get this issue resolved. He won't answer emails or pm's from RC. I know he has been on line since he made posts at RC as recently as Monday of this week.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 10/10/2007, 06:09 PM
Rare Zoa-a-phile

I tried selling him something he offered to buy and he disappeared.
Old 10/10/2007, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

I have had bad luck with paypal. If you paid via ad credit card or debit card just call the number on the back and report a non receipt of item to the bank or card company they will go in a strip the money from paypal. I found this was the only way to get money back from someone using paypal. Paypal's dispute and refund policy is horrible..
Old 10/11/2007, 06:32 AM
B-Boy AZTEC

you should look up the name of the seller, i am sure it is shown in paypal see where they live and ding dong.... knock on the door! where is my light.
Old 10/11/2007, 10:03 AM
Ho hummer...

Your first course of action is to make a claim with PayPal. (I think you already have). They are usually pretty good with this type of thing. They will give you a response as to the status of your claim. If nothing comes of that, send me a PM.. (note: my only involvement in this situation is for the dissemination of information that might be helpful to you in resolving this issue.)
Old 10/11/2007, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

i no he lives in fairfield, ct. i saw him on another forum with that location.
Old 10/12/2007, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Thanks everyone for the input. I have disputed the charge through paypal and my CC. He still has not responded but hopefully the funds will be returned via one of these two approaches.
Old 10/13/2007, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

kirby, i see you are in Mo so I'm sure you won't be showing up and asking where your light is, but just in case.....don't do that it's very bad advice. Have you watched the news at all? Too many WEIRDOS, lol. You should have no problems getting a refund from your cc company. It may take a month or so, but I have used this approach as well and it worked out fine. Good luck.