Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/12/2007, 01:17 AM
Registered Member

just ordered from Fraggle Reef...

i just ordered 2 morphs of acans from Fraggle Reef... the minimum for each is 3 polyps... i ordered 5 polyps of each... i just want to know if Fraggle Reef usually ships the corals 5 polyps unfragged, or do they pre cut their acans to 3 heads per frag...?

if they do the uncut, that would mean that they only frag their acans just when people place their orders...?
Old 10/12/2007, 01:35 AM
wears sex panther

pm sent, staying uncommercial on the forums

There are no facts, only interpretations

-Nietzche
Old 10/12/2007, 01:53 AM
Registered Member

thanks for the reply...

by the way, these are my first acans... i know on your website it says you use 8 T5's... i am using a 150w DE 12,000K ReefLux bulb that is about 6" from the water's surface... my tank is cube so i am planning on placing the acans directly below the light at around 12" under the water's surface... going from your lighting to my lighting, would you recommend slow acclimation in a shaded area, or would i be able to put it in the desired location immediately...?
Old 10/12/2007, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

From my experience...

I always got more polyps
Old 10/12/2007, 11:21 AM
wears sex panther

Quote:
Originally posted by flipteg
thanks for the reply...

by the way, these are my first acans... i know on your website it says you use 8 T5's... i am using a 150w DE 12,000K ReefLux bulb that is about 6" from the water's surface... my tank is cube so i am planning on placing the acans directly below the light at around 12" under the water's surface... going from your lighting to my lighting, would you recommend slow acclimation in a shaded area, or would i be able to put it in the desired location immediately...?

I'd start them off at the bottom for sure, maybe in a slightly shaded area, then acclimate them slowly into the location that you'd like them. Even though they're getting the same amount of light, I think that going from t5's to a halide might shock them a bit if they're put directly under it.

There are no facts, only interpretations

-Nietzche
Old 10/13/2007, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

I ordered 3 and got 5 huge polyps
Old 10/13/2007, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Keep us updated on your order. I just ordered myself. And I think we should definitely compliment the online vendors that do a good job. Let's keep everyone posted.
Old 10/14/2007, 12:08 AM
Member Registered

Feedback for vendors is always great but you are supposed to post it in the feedback section. Not here. Mods might move it anyway.
Old 10/14/2007, 03:26 AM
Registered Member

the corals are doing great. ordered 5 polyps of each and got somewhere closer to 9 or 10 with some being half polyps... i also got an extra cyphastrea that i wasn't expecting...!

the larger acan colony was majorly stressed from shipping... the skin was tight on the skeleton the first 1 and a half days it was in the tank... i followed Miguel's instructions to put it in shade and it is now recovering and starting to fluff up... it also has its feeders fully extended tonight...