Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/04/2007, 11:49 PM
Moved On

Anyone know Palileo?

I was pointed in the direction of your forum through someone in the feedback forum and noticed that several months ago you guys had a pretty big issue with this guy burning several members. I'm just hoping to find someone that might know him personally? Myself and several other RC members appear to have gotten taken by him (my own fault for not doing a full search on this guy first rather than just in the feedback forum). Trying to handle this as civilly as possible but it appears that he's just giving several of us the run-around. Not sending promised refunds, not shipping goods and simply not communicating w/ any of us that sent him money anymore.

He told a few people he had a family emergency and I'm wondering if anyone who might know him might know if it's true. Everyone's heard the worn out excuses and I honestly hope that he's telling the truth but I'm trying to be proactive about this for my benefit and anyone else's who might have gotten burnt in his most recent selling thread.
Old 10/05/2007, 01:06 AM
Moved On

That guy is a joke and you probably have been ripped off
Old 10/05/2007, 01:37 AM
Registered Member

Paging Palileo! Someone is looking for you and they are not happy!

I Golf, I Party, I Work, in that order!
Old 10/05/2007, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

You may have been taken.....do your best to get out or get your $$$ back.
Old 10/05/2007, 11:09 AM
SNAFU

I haven't seen a post from that guy in 4-5 months since the whole Hawaiian fish debacle.

Good Luck!
Ed
Old 10/05/2007, 11:20 AM
Moved On

about 2 weeks ago he posted in the General Selling forum and had a plethora of items for sale. I was supposed to buy a reflector from him but then he agreed to refund my money because he incorrectly labeled the reflector, another gentleman bought some ballasts, yet another bought different ballasts, and someone in the feedback forum stated that they bought a skimmer from him. No one has received anything. He was great with communication before he sold the items, once he got the money, pretty much all communication stopped.

I have just been told though that he has e-mailed one buyer and claimed that he is out of town but that he is accessing his e-mails from his phone so he can't get onto RC.

If I hadn't paid w/ my bank acct I would have gotten out of this asap but I learned yet another hard lesson...if you're going to use paypal, ALWAYS pay with credit card because you can ask them to do chargebacks that way. Believe me, I would have gotten my money and gotten out if he hasn't already removed it from his paypal account and spent it (mind you he admitted to this) so I can't even get paypal to do anything for me at the time.

So no one in the area knows this kid? About all I can find is that he owns a business called gotwraps.
Old 10/05/2007, 11:55 AM
Premium Member

You can always try calling his place of business to see if you can talk to him directly. Do a google search for "Gotwraps Sacramento."
Old 10/05/2007, 01:30 PM
Moved On

They claim that he no longer uses the building for his business
Old 10/05/2007, 01:51 PM
Moved On

He works from his home.
Old 10/05/2007, 11:55 PM
Moved On

For everyone that pm'd me with information or just sympathies, thank you. This issue has been resolved and I finally received a refund. It took sending a demand letter drafted by an attorney, but I did get my money back. I realize that bad things happen sometimes at the worst possible time and so if he was telling the truth then I only wish him the best. I've just been burnt one too many times online and I wasn't about to let it happen again.

So thank you again everyone! You seem to be a very caring group of people.
Old 10/06/2007, 12:14 AM
Registered Member

Congratz. I hate seeing ppl taken by losers...don't let one bad apple ruin the bunch! GL

I Golf, I Party, I Work, in that order!
Old 10/08/2007, 06:55 PM
Premium Member

It's always nice when people get paid the money they are owed.
Old 10/10/2007, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

I am confused by all this:

Delta - you were on this forum ( and several others ) trying to get donations of money to get to visit your boyfriend shipped to Germany from Iraq because he was injured, then his family denied you access to him, so you replaced him with another soldier in Iraq, who then had brain anurisms? which was another set of stories? or something else serious, then you married yet another soldier who is now in Iraq....

Quite a busy period in life.

There is a search function on most forums. It does not take long to figure out who you are and what you are about. Additionally, even though administrators delete several of the threads you participate in, the history of those threads are avalable, and the incongruencies in your various stories, both within one website, and especially between websites leave me with no choice but to lable you as a pathological liar.

So why on earth would you expect anyone to believe you when you write anything on these forums?
Old 10/10/2007, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Okay, it is time to lock this one. I've messaged the Mods...

Recent aquisitions:
Coral -> Ponape Seriatopora
Fish -> Pseudocheilinus hexataenia (Six Line Wrasse)
Gadget -> Eheim 1262
Old 10/10/2007, 12:47 PM
RC Admin

Thread closed.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc