Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/30/2007, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

update : disaster :( and a re-scape

well i thought id stick an update on here as i havent sed much recently. well my 2 clowns died this week. was a bit of a ****ter to say the least . they were fine for the last 2 months anyways one got stucked up agenst hte intake for my rio 1100 powerhead whilst i was at work and died ( ive since changed things so it cnat happen agen ) and the other one just died today. for no reason. all watar params are ok. so now im left with jsut my blue damsel. 6 crabs and 5 snails and a cleaner shrimp. ive re-scaped a bit. bringing things off the back wall and making it a bit more interesting. pics and a ****y short vid bellow im going to leave things for a while and decide what i should do next. any ideas or advice would be nice

ad

Old 09/30/2007, 09:08 PM
Premium Member

Sorry your fish died, and I hope you can pinpoint the cause so it doesn't happen again. If you don't know why they died, you can post with more info (tank stats, water parameters, inhabitants, etc.) and we'll see if we can help

It's an interesting tank, definitely not typical. If you'd like my advice, I would see if you can make the rockwork a little less symmetrical - it will look a lot more natural that way.
Old 09/30/2007, 11:17 PM
Premium Member

Re: update : disaster :( and a re-scape

[QUOTE]Originally posted by new_world_disor
[B]well i thought id stick an update on here as i havent sed much recently. well my 2 clowns died this week. was a bit of a ****ter to say the least . they were fine for the last 2 months anyways one got stucked up agenst hte intake for my rio 1100 powerhead whilst i was at work and died ( ive since changed things so it cnat happen agen ) and the other one just died today. for no reason. all watar params are ok. so now im left with jsut my blue damsel. 6 crabs and 5 snails and a cleaner shrimp. ive re-scaped a bit. bringing things off the back wall and making it a bit more interesting. pics and a ****y short vid bellow im going to leave things for a while and decide what i should do next. any ideas or advice would be nice
Sorry your fish died.
The one against the intake probably died first then got stuck. Check all of your water parameters closely, take to LFS if necessary.
Old 10/01/2007, 12:04 AM
Premium Member

I would go w/out adding fish for a month. The clowns probably had a parasite.
I like the the rock work, sorry for the losses.
Old 10/02/2007, 05:54 AM
Registered Member

ive dropped the fish ( both ) to my mate whos a marine biologist at a local uni ( a lecturer ) and hes gna have a look at them. the clownfish that died on the intake of the pump got stuck on their b4 but survived ( i turned the pump off for him to get free ) a month or so ago. being stupid i didnt think hed do it again. ill get full water info up on here this week when i get a day off ( thur )
cheers guys
Old 10/02/2007, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

moved the rocks around again today and took out the rio 1100. gna buy a spray bar tmoz and set it up so the pump is situated to the back left corner ( behing the rocks ) so you cant see it . and hopefully get some nice flow going . that doesnt blow everything around to much

pics :: ( my rooms a little messy at the mo )

Last edited by new_world_disor; 10/02/2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10/02/2007, 08:21 PM
Premium Member

Looks great, good job.
Old 10/02/2007, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

the tank is looking great... but I think I'd rather see your closet door
Old 10/02/2007, 09:14 PM
Premium Member

Old 10/03/2007, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

well when i take pics tmoz of the pumps nd my ** home made surface skimmer ** ill make sure i slip nd take a pic of the wardrobe door :P