Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/27/2007, 11:27 AM
Worker Drone

Attn: Clubs. Projector screens. Suggestions?

We're looking to buy a projector screen for our meetings. We're trying to keep costs down, get a decent screen, and hopefully get one that doesn't weigh 100 pounds and is more bulky and awkward than necessary.

Any suggestions from those of you who have bought one?

Thanks!

Be an IT consultant!
Old 09/27/2007, 11:33 AM
Premium Member

we bought ours from Amazon Portable and worked perfectly so far...

Just search the site and (depending on when ou need it) it might even qualify for free shipping
Old 09/27/2007, 12:06 PM
Worker Drone

Sorry, but I don't see an "Amazon Portable"... I get hits on Amazon, obviously, but nothing for "Amazon Portable"...

???

Quote:
Originally posted by mmoore0803
we bought ours from Amazon Portable and worked perfectly so far...

Just search the site and (depending on when ou need it) it might even qualify for free shipping

Be an IT consultant!
Old 09/27/2007, 12:18 PM
Premium Member

Captain,...the projector discussion is like opening a can of worms. Everybody has their favorite and defends their choice to the bitter end Touchy subject.

The most information youll ever find/need is here :

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

THE best place to get informed. I cant really help without knowing price range, what screen youll be projecting on, source etc etc.

Its kinda like asking "why are my fish dying ?", without posting your water params

I wouldnt rush and buy one before at least searching up that model on avsforum.com

Last time i checked, you couldnt really go wrong with one of the Optoma HDs (30, 70, 80).
Old 09/27/2007, 12:24 PM
Worker Drone

Thanks, but I'm looking for a projector SCREEN... My employer lets me borrow a projector, so we're good on that end...

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mac Inger
Captain,...the projector discussion is like opening a can of worms. Everybody has their favorite and defends their choice to the bitter end Touchy subject.

The most information youll ever find/need is here :

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

THE best place to get informed. I cant really help without knowing price range, what screen youll be projecting on, source etc etc.

Its kinda like asking "why are my fish dying ?", without posting your water params

I wouldnt rush and buy one before at least searching up that model on avsforum.com

Last time i checked, you couldnt really go wrong with one of the Optoma HDs (30, 70, 80).

Be an IT consultant!
Old 09/27/2007, 12:29 PM
Premium Member

Nice,..thats what happens when you open the mouth without reading carefully first.

Da-Lite are good quality at reasonable prices. And again there is a Screen sub forum in the previous link.

cheers

PS,..dont forget screens have also Gain,..so if you have light intereference from windows etc, you might want to get a higher gain screen. The materials are also different.

I would get your projector model and do a cross search for that and screen on avs. Different projectors look different on different screens. If that makes any sense
Old 09/28/2007, 11:00 AM
Worker Drone

Thanks all for the feedback.

Looking at this: http://tinyurl.com/yu45fa

I had initially been told they were hundred(s!) of dollars... Looks like that wasn't the case.

Under $150.00, shipped.

But will a 5X5 do it? Thoughts? Transporting something bigger might prove to be a real challenge, though....

???

Be an IT consultant!