Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/22/2007, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Got it!
Old 09/22/2007, 07:16 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hubris007
Ok, here's what you do...

First, take the dog....

Second, drive through his yard making sure to drive throught the area that the dog is kept...

Third, apply liberal amounts of ketchup to the area where the dog was kept.

4th, Leave a note (made from letters cut out of various magazines) that says, "I accidentally ran over your dog. Don't worry, he's in a much better place now. You're welcome."

E) Take the dog to a vet.

Suttle very suttle.

I got a better idea.

Wait till the owner gets home then ask him to come out the where the dog is tied up. Then tie the owner up to the stake while the dog is watching. Leave him threre for a week or soo and see how he likes it.

Then take the happy smiling dog to the vet for a check up then to a groomer and then back home for a nice steak.

This man is sick.

I would call animals services and stand there watching as he gets busted all the while smiling.
Old 09/22/2007, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

That is so sad. I hate seeing dogs like that. Poor thing.
Old 09/22/2007, 09:26 PM
On "The List"

Re: Tell me why I feel so bad for this dog :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Freed

Tell me why I feel so bad for this dog
everyone has talked about the dog, you're question hasn't been answered
you feel so bad, because you care and you have a heart
the situation exists because the neighbor does not have one

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 09/22/2007, 09:41 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

I don't see how I could ever do something like that to my own two that I have.

<---
Old 09/22/2007, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

My first responce is WHAT A HORIBLE MAN, That is definatly animal crulty...This is what I think(you`ll need to put this together) rifle, shotgun, and/or hand gun, middle of the night, mercenary, funeral... Whear your crying tears of joy...MWAHAHAHAHAHAH...It`ll make him think twice. My second responce is I agree with Bart. And my third responce is I have a story aswell...I live in the middle of nowear ,out in the country. There is a mountain lion and a bear tht live around here. And one of our dogs is missing... ... Were scared and we need your prayeres.

Poor pups.
Old 09/22/2007, 10:35 PM
An EEEVEEEL veterinarian?

Maybe they've gone on an adventure together. Ever seen THe Incredible Journey? The Lion King? Dinosaurs? Brother Bear? It happens ALL THE TIME!
Old 09/24/2007, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

please update us on the outcome. meanwhile... i am going to send in my killer dog to give your neighbor what he has coming!

Leilani Munter | Driver of the #57 Indy Pro Series SMART Papers Dallara
Running for 2008 Indy Pro Series Rookie of the Year
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars...
Old 09/24/2007, 04:26 AM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Oh my!! What kind is it? I want one.
Old 09/24/2007, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Oh my!! What kind is it? I want one.
i wish i could tell you but it's not really my dog, just a photo i found floating around the internet.
Leilani Munter | Driver of the #57 Indy Pro Series SMART Papers Dallara
Running for 2008 Indy Pro Series Rookie of the Year
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars...
Old 09/24/2007, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Please let us know what, if anything you do. People who treat animals that way should be shot.
Old 09/24/2007, 04:01 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

So today was pretty hard. I was up there today to do some more work on the house and went back to see the dog. Took all I had to keep from crying out loud even though my eyes were watering and I was choking. BOTH his eyes were infected shut and covered over. I called animal control and reported it. They told me that they could not go on the property but that they would send the marshall/sheriff out to check on things. A couple hours later I called again to see if the person would be over soon to check and told the woman I wasn't going to be there all day. I told her I was hoping to be there when he came so I could show him what was going on. By the time I left he still hadn't shown up so I will call them tomorrow and see if anything was taken care of. She told me to call back. His 4 foot log chain is attached to a thick cable that is pounded into the ground at both ends. I feared the worst when I first went to where he had been but as soon as he heard me calling for him he knew it was me and started his quiet bark to let me know where he was. He was at the other end of the cable under the tree and it was all he could do to walk feably toward me to get a good scratch and a lengthy pet. He loved every minute of it. My eyes are watering again so I have to leave it at that.
Old 09/24/2007, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Just take the dog to an animal hospital in town. When you get the bill, bring it to your neighbor and tell him where he can find his dog and here's the bill. He won't go to get the dog. Pay the bill and take the dog. That is pretty much what I would do. You might even get some of us, by pm of course, to help you with the bill.

"If anyone offers you pigeon milk, say no thanks." - Fat Man.
Old 09/24/2007, 04:47 PM
Premium Member

I second Batguano.

That just sounds wrong.
Old 09/24/2007, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

Why on earth cant animal control go on the property to check on possible animal abuse? Isn't that what they are supposed to do?

Sounds like you are going to have a real battle on your hands if your going to get any results for that poor pooch. I would start looking into other avenues like contacting someplace like the ASPCA, or even your local news. Town officials tend to be a little more helpful when the camera is rolling.
Old 09/24/2007, 07:31 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Don't know why but those were her "exact words". I will call tomorrow and see what the report says IF the officer even went and checked on the dog.
Old 09/24/2007, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

i second batpoop and i also thought the same thing as petoonia. if you don't get results from animal control TOMORROW, you need to make a stink. a very, VERY big stink. get as stinky as you can. go to the media, newspaper, t.v., whatever it takes to get this dog some attention. this is a true human interest story. nothing good can come from leaving him where he is.
Old 09/25/2007, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I called animal control and reported it. They told me that they could not go on the property but that they would send the marshall/sheriff out to check on things.

I never heard of an animal control officer not being able to go onto the property to check things out. Sounds like an "I don't feel like dealing with this" story to me. Of course that IS what they are there for. Our animal control is part of the police department here. Maybe it's run differently in other places, but I think I would just call the local police department myself. Heck, when I had a dog, one night I fell asleep before letting him in, and the neighbors called the cops cause he was barking. They came to my house. Maybe if you just tell the cops the dog is barking, they will actually come out.
Old 09/25/2007, 11:45 AM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Quote:
Originally posted by spoiledcats
I never heard of an animal control officer not being able to go onto the property to check things out. Sounds like an "I don't feel like dealing with this" story to me.
You're referring to whom? Animal control or me?
Old 09/25/2007, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
oh i think spoiledcats was referring to animal control, NOT you!

have you heard anything yet?? the longer he goes untreated, the more likely he will be to lose his sight.
Old 09/25/2007, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Oh, please don't misunderstand-I was absolutely referring to animal control, not you. Sorry if it sounded otherwise.
Old 09/25/2007, 01:33 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Ah, got it. Haven't heard from them yet. Will le everyone know. Thanks for all the replies.
Old 09/26/2007, 08:30 AM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

I called the Steuben County, Indiana Animal Control today. They told me the sheriff went out and checked on everything and there was plenty of food and water, the dogs coat was long but not matted, checked his eyes and they were perfect, not infected, which is why I immediately called them on Monday in the first place. Oh this is such good new to me. I am so happy.

Can you tell I'm being sarcastic? Now tell me why I am so f#@$%^% ****ed off.
Old 09/26/2007, 08:32 AM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Quote:
Originally posted by spoiledcats
Sounds like an "I don't feel like dealing with this" story to me.
Old 09/26/2007, 08:36 AM
On "The List"

so, whats the update?

and the assist to neeners

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy