Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/14/2007, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Frogspawn

I got a frogspawn from a friend on Wednesday that looked awsome in his tank, now on Friday it looks not so awsome in my tank. I have tested all I am able to test.

Ph-8.1
SG-1.025
Temp-80
Nitrate, Nitrate, Amonia-0
Calcium-450

Both tanks have the same lighting, comparable flow. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here.
Old 09/14/2007, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

How long have you had it? It may just be stressed from moving.
Old 09/14/2007, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

When you no so awesome looking, do you mean shriveled up and not fully extending. Check your friends water flow and light intensity. Ask him where he had it place and try to put it in the same location in your tank. See if that helps. Like jkhudson said it might be stressed from moving. Just make sure that it is not rotting and everything should be fine
Old 09/15/2007, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

Maybe age of bulbs? Or just give it time--- really but usually those guys are pretty hardy-- I wouldn't worry yet.
Old 09/15/2007, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Jkhudson-3 days, and that is what I'm hoping for
zxanth-yes shriveled up and not extending, it is about the same height in my tank as his, water flow is comparable, mine might be a little less, and I see no rotting as of now
jcatblum-bulbs are about 90 days old (t-5)
Old 09/17/2007, 12:13 PM
Team RC Member

Brent, I'd give him time to recoupe from themove. sloshing around in a baggie can harm these guys, the "whatever you call it' part of the bone right under the polyp itself is very very fragile. Takes but a flea sneeze to break it. I've had froggies snap in half just driving home, and holding the bag the entire time. And all the froggies I've bought have taken a few days at a minimum to open up nicely. Now when i move em from tank to tank in my house, it never seems to bother em, just when i have to drive em anywhere.

Click on my homepage to be taken to my RC Blog!
Old 09/18/2007, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Hey Brent, sorry i've just seen your post. Wow I cant believe its not doing good in your tank. If it dont get any better bring it by and i'll take it back and give you a frag of my Purple Tenius or something else you like in my tank. I think it may be stressed like mentioned above but you never know. Let me know!
Old 09/18/2007, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

gotta agree with mr gimp on this one as long as the actual tentacles arent breaking off and floating around it should be ok.i know under our t 5s we put them as low in the tank because imo they may not like intense lighting like you have up close.