Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) - Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/13/2007, 02:03 PM
Premium Member

OT Sad news out of Coral Ridge!

One of our finest got shot to death with three others seriously injured. I hope they catch this guy soon.

http://www.nbc6.net/index.html

-Michael Corleone
The Godfather
Old 09/13/2007, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

damn lester,
I saw all kinds of cop cars and heard a ton of sirens. I knew something was up but that is shocking.
Hope they catch the scumbag real soon as well.
Old 09/13/2007, 02:09 PM
Premium Member

They had closed the Turnpike down here in Homestead and a lot of our helos were flying out of the base. It's been chaos all day.

-Michael Corleone
The Godfather
Old 09/13/2007, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

yeah the guy was shooting an ak-47. one killed and 3 wounded.
Old 09/13/2007, 02:48 PM
What next???

Yeah, the wife of the officer that died is my boss.
My heart goes out to her and her family, my brother a city of Miami officer went to the academy with the officer. Today is truly a sad day.

I pray for the families of the officers!!!!!

Last edited by REDDAWG43; 09/13/2007 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09/13/2007, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

that same kid shot at but luclkily didnt kill a friend of mine a few years back...i hope he gets caught too
Old 09/13/2007, 08:18 PM
What next???

I am very dissapointed with this group...
One F#$%@ fish or coral dies and everyone is so sorry, and well wishes to the owner.
But when an Officer of the law dies...no gets killed!!!
No one gives a s@#t....

If someone post a story about fish and corals dying miles and miles away...everyone is sad, and upset....blah, blah, blah

But dam people this was a local officer...I bet if this coward cop killer, put a gun in your face or hurt your family...oh yeah then you care about having a cop around!!!!
Old 09/13/2007, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Man, WHere did that come from?

My dad, my grandfather and my great grandfather were Officers.

I CARE! But that doesn't mean I have to show it here. I hope they shoot the som ***** as soon as they see him.

You heard about the old time police department. Where one of there officers gets shot and killed. They hunt for the guy and finally find him. He resists arrest with force and the officers have to shoot him about 40 times .

The reporter comes up to the police chief and asks why they shot him that many times?

His reply, Because we ran out of bullets.

I hope that doesn't offend anybody. But that would not bother me in the least with this.

I remember my dad coming home from the riots down on Ft Lauderdale beach when I was a kid. He was covered in gashes across his face from parking stops thrown by the rioters. So there is no love for this kind of person from me.

The future is a self sustaining hobby.
Old 09/13/2007, 08:40 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by REDDAWG43
One F#$%@ fish or coral dies and everyone is so sorry, and well wishes to the owner.
No one gives a s@#t....

If someone post a story about fish and corals dying miles and miles away...everyone is sad, and upset....blah, blah, blah

But dam people this was a local officer...I bet if this coward cop killer, put a gun in your face or hurt your family...oh yeah then you care about having a cop around!!!!
I agree Mel, I expected more responses from everyone since this tragedy hit close to home. This thread however, has been slowly pushed away. I've been watching the news all day since I got home, hoping that they would finally get justice served.

-Michael Corleone
The Godfather
Old 09/13/2007, 09:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Treeman
The reporter comes up to the police chief and asks why they shot him that many times?

His reply, Because we ran out of bullets.

My ex is retired from the City of Miami Police Dept. and he always said that an officer would have to clean his/her gun whether they shot once or six times! So your comment doesn't offend me in the least. Ordinary people don't realize the kind of day an officer has once they leave home for their job and the scum they have to deal with hour after hour, day after day. It's a thankless job that only gets worse when our judges let these people back out on the street after an officer risks his life to arrest them. Put my tax money toward bigger jails and forget about a baseball stadium with a roof! Priorities for our safety. God bless these officers and their families.
Old 09/13/2007, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Amen Brother! or Sister!

The future is a self sustaining hobby.
Old 09/13/2007, 09:24 PM
FMAS Webmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by REDDAWG43
No one gives a s@#t....
Dawg,
Young Americans get killed and injured every day thousands of miles from home in Iraq and Afghanistan, but nobody here posts a thread about it. I think we all agree that this was an awful, tragic event and wish the perp the worst kind of death. Just because we aren't comiserating in this forum doesn't mean we don't care.

And BTW, is IS sad when a little creature who was plucked from the ocean thousands of miles away, put in a box and flown thousands of miles to spend the rest of its life in a glass box dies. We enjoy this hobby, but there are emotions here as well. If you haven't held a sad little dead fish or shriveled-up coral in your hand and felt bad... well, anyway, I have.

Peace.
Old 09/13/2007, 09:30 PM
Premium Member

I had the day off cause I'm in the process of getting a 24 hour blood pressure test. I have a BP cuff on my strong arm and a box hanging around my neck. I think the BP results are going to say I need BP meds after all the calls from my co-workers. It sucks to be one of the team members and be sitting on the bench. May the lord give the family the strength they need to deal with their tragedy, and may they find comfort in knowing their loved one died doing what they loved to do. Hopefully I will be on the hunt tomorrow if they allow me to come in on my day off. Mel, give Mrs. Somohano my deepest heartfelt condolences.

CD

Getting up in the morning sucks, but it beats the alternative.
Old 09/13/2007, 09:35 PM
FMAS Webmaster

CD, you picked a hell of a day to get a blood pressure test. If I were you, I'd wait till they nail the scumbag and re-test. My condolences to the families as well and hope you get to investigate the perp's untimely demise, CD.
Old 09/13/2007, 09:42 PM
Premium Member

I'm sure he will be picked up very soon. And hopefully when they do, [B]There wont be a trial, if you know what I mean.

That way the families will not have to sit through the trial and re-live the experience.

Getting up in the morning sucks, but it beats the alternative.
Old 09/13/2007, 09:44 PM
Premium Member

Any violent death is tragic, however, when it involves the people who risk their live every day to keep the rest of us safe
Old 09/13/2007, 09:44 PM
Premium Member

Any violent death is tragic, however, when it involves the people who risk their live every day to keep the rest of us safe, specially if this happens in our backyards then it becomes a very sad event. My deepest respect for the families of the officers that were tragically killed today.
Old 09/13/2007, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

Just saw that on the news. Horrible. I hope he does not get arrested. Caught but not arrested.

Last edited by ninjamini; 09/13/2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09/13/2007, 09:52 PM
What next???

Quote:
Originally posted by pedromatic
Dawg,
Young Americans get killed and injured every day thousands of miles from home in Iraq and Afghanistan, but nobody here posts a thread about it. I think we all agree that this was an awful, tragic event and wish the perp the worst kind of death. Just because we aren't comiserating in this forum doesn't mean we don't care.

And BTW, is IS sad when a little creature who was plucked from the ocean thousands of miles away, put in a box and flown thousands of miles to spend the rest of its life in a glass box dies. We enjoy this hobby, but there are emotions here as well. If you haven't held a sad little dead fish or shriveled-up coral in your hand and felt bad... well, anyway, I have.

Peace.
Oh yeah Pedro I know God Dam well about the war!!! I served in the US Army from 1994 to 2004...I have frieneds there, and friends die there!!! I left the Military when they did not send me over there...I fought to go to Iraq, beleive it or not. Weather a blessing (my wives point of view)or a curse (my point of view) I was just not sent.
I wanted so badly to go with my fellow soldiers!!!!!

Have you served in the Military? Don't come and try to compare apples to oranges. Buddy I have been there and eaten both.
I have family, frineds in, and worked with the police and the military. I know what they face every dam day for YOU, me and everyone else here to live the we live!!!!!

Yes no one has posted a thread on here about the soldiers...not even you. But they did post a one about a fallen officer. For all you know, these officers stopping this guy and putting him on the run, kept him from drving back to Broward were he lives and possibly running into anyone from this club...including you and causing harm!!!!!
Old 09/13/2007, 09:58 PM
TANK RAIDER!

OJALA le cresca una pina en el boton del culo- I do also have fam in the biss- Miami dade
Old 09/13/2007, 10:12 PM
FMAS Webmaster

I'm not picking a fight with you, Mel. You're the one who started attacking everybody for not responding to the thread. Just because someone doesn't reply doesn't mean they don't care.

Soldiers and law enforcement officers have my deepest respect and admiration, FYI. I cannot imagine what it's like to face death every day. We all feel bad about it, OK.
Old 09/13/2007, 10:25 PM
RC Admin

A little too much emotion right now in this one, so I'm gonna close this before anyone posts anything else that's going to get them removed from this forum.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc
Old 09/13/2007, 10:27 PM
RC Admin

Reddawg,
Any other person would have been banned for what you posted. But I'm cutting you some slack because of your personal involvement.

Take a break from here for a while or seriously rethink your posts before you hit Submit.

My sincere condolences to the family of this officer.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc