Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Long Island Reef Association (LIRA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/31/2007, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

I have two weird fish. Am I lucky?

One of the first things I learned as a fisherman are there are no rules. IN some ways, I am starting to think the same about reefkeeping - particularly the fish.

I have a mandarin who chomps on New Life Spectrum pellets

I have a copperband butterfly who does not touch the corals and eats mysis, brine and worm like I eat Italian! - but he never sleeps .. when I try to feed the coral after dark, he eats it before the corals can..... except the blasto wellsi..... he's a pig, too
Old 08/02/2007, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

Yes you are lucky! Very lucky!!
Old 08/02/2007, 10:39 PM
Registered Member

I just wish I could train the copperband to not touch the coral's food ......................

When I feed pellets, I mix NLS and a vegie pellet (I have a Kole Tang, Pygmy Angel and Foxface Rabbitfish, too). THe mandarin will spit out all the green vegie pellets (now he's even ignoring them all together) and then eat the brown NLS ones. Who says fish can't learn.