Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/01/2007, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

OT: What is the Lakers front office doing?

I couldn't help it ... What are they thinking? Look at the players they drafted and traded for: Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vuvacic, Brian Cook, Kwame Brown. And recently they just signed two total joke players: Luke Walton and Coby Karl, who would sign them beside Lakers?. Their starters couldn't even match up with other team bench players. I really feel sorry for Kobe.

If you think Kobe is a selfish player, then you need to look at his stats last season. He was leading the team in assists last season. I wouldn't blame him for crying, put Jordan in that team, he'd cry even more.
Old 08/01/2007, 04:37 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

SOrry Man, I'm a WAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOR...

I'm just happy the Fakers didn't get KG. and now will be losing Kobe as well...

" Charles V "
Old 08/01/2007, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

Go WArrrrriors ... yeah lakers go ahead ans sign lame players I hate Kobe
Old 08/01/2007, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Talking

Lakers....thought this was a bay area forum
Old 08/01/2007, 07:15 PM
espyesitis sufferer

I'm sure Kupcake is working the phones...HARD...but the damage has already been done. Since Kobe made it public, it makes it harder for the Lakers to negotiate.

It still irks me that they didn't pull the Kidd/Bynum trade when they had the chance. All they can do now is hope that time and Team USA will help ease Kobe's stance.

Stern can also privately instigate a move, as the League would love to see the Lakers and Celts back in the thick of things.
Old 08/02/2007, 12:30 AM
Registered Member

KOBE = god

anyways, i agree that kupchak is a big dope that needs to go. he can't pull the trigger and as a result, one of the greatest players ever wants out. just appease the man and get him some help on the court!

im glad and surprised to see a laker thread on here
Old 08/02/2007, 01:37 AM
Tailspot Blenny

do you guys think Celtics will go places with KG? I think it was a waste of a trade, KG isn't getting any closer to any rings... or is he?

pierce is good? barely in my opinion compared to the other awesome players out there.
Old 08/02/2007, 10:02 AM
Semi Reefing Vet

Anytime you have 2 good players and one really good 1... and especially playing in a weak conference in the east... baring any injuries they will be a top 3 seed... its not like they're playing in the west.

" Charles V "
Old 08/02/2007, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

I think they would be the four seed in the west even. They just got Eddie House as well who would normally get laughed at, but with all the guys it takes to gaurd the big three House will n\be WIDE open to shoot. If Boston can't win the east this year it will be a complete failure. They would crush the Cavs as Lebron would have to stay outside with KG patrolling the middle.

As for the Lakers
Old 08/02/2007, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

At least the Lakers didn't re-sign Smush Parker. Or maybe they were out-bid

Boston traded their entire bench. Yeah they gained KG, but noone else on their squad played any D to play against the West.
Old 08/02/2007, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mdt178
[B]At least the Lakers didn't re-sign Smush Parker. Or maybe they were out-bid

haha, im sure there was a long list of teams that wanted him........

pierce was in the same situation as kobe........loyal to the team for 10 years+, but recently the team turned horrible. and the celtics finally wised up and tried to win now while their star is still there. hopefully the lakers catch on with this logic.......
Old 08/02/2007, 11:41 AM
Semi Reefing Vet

The lakers don't have a lot to offer to get a star..

" Charles V "
Old 08/02/2007, 11:57 AM
espyesitis sufferer

Yeah, the Lakers really missed the boat. The only other GMs that are just as inept as McHale would be Smith (ORL) and Thomas (NYK).

There's no chance of the Lakers prying Howard from the Magic, and there's no one on the Knicks roster worth the effort.
Old 08/02/2007, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

Whatever the Lakers are doing, I hope they keep it up and destroy their team. That will give Warriors one less team to worry about and a better chance to make the playoff again.
Old 08/02/2007, 12:29 PM
High Plains Drifter

The Lakers are following the Peotrie/Maloof model of self-destruction. Welcome to my pain Laker fan!!!!!

And FWIW, I don't think anyone's going to be prying Howard away from O-town. They would have to be the biggest idiots to let anyone steal him away. He's the man.

Last edited by jimdogg187; 08/02/2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08/02/2007, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nukeproof
Whatever the Lakers are doing, I hope they keep it up and destroy their team. That will give Warriors one less team to worry about and a better chance to make the playoff again.
although the team has been destroyed, its still a #7 seed

so the lakers at their worst = warriors at their best
Old 08/02/2007, 01:20 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Thats not what your going to say when KOBE gets trade as well Rich,

" Charles V "
Old 08/02/2007, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

You are assuming the Lakers are at their worst last year. I think it will get worst before it gets better.
Old 08/02/2007, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

haha that is probably true. just felt like messing with the warriors fans in here
Old 08/02/2007, 01:32 PM
espyesitis sufferer

Here's what Warrior fans can look forward to this year:

Bellissimo!
Old 08/02/2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

As a W's fan, all I want is for Baron Davis to stay healthy...enough. Might be wishful thinking, but BD health is the key.
Old 08/02/2007, 03:00 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Be happy with 65 games or so with him...

OH. BTW- THe Dubs are about to sign Austin Croshere for the minimum.

and they are thinking of trading with Cavs for Sasha Pavlovic... the cavs want pietrus.

" Charles V "
Old 08/03/2007, 10:08 PM
Flips"R"us...U?

I love our warriors!....but Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now...JMO! There is no one out there that could score and make those crazy moves like him...NO ONE! He make those shots seems so easy...almost like watching a magic show.

Hate him or not....his stats and accomplishments speaks for itself!
Kobe=not God but Kobe=true warrior!
[O] f
[S] weetness
Old 08/04/2007, 12:40 AM
Premium Member

OK, I have to chime in. Any time I hear Kobe's name I've got to say my peace:
No denying he's one of the top players in the league. Some will over analyze the differences between how teams could defend him vs King James, but to no avail; Kobe is good.

BUT..........

What we have learned in the playoffs these last few years is:

1. Refs steal games!...No wait that wasn't it. Yes it was! This was the year for the Suns and they were robbed!
-----BTW a great argument can be made for Nash being better than Kobe. He does have twice as many assists per game while Kobe doesn't have twice as many points.

2. Great teams win playoffs. Look at the individual stats on NBA.com and you'll see that the teams in the final four all had really good players, with the exception of Nash and James. No super star stats, but great team play. And, in the end James couldn't do it himself.

So, kudos to GS for going as far as they did and good job on some good acquisitions. Woe be to the team that grabs Kobe because he comes with attitude. And here's praying that C Webb get's his head out of the clouds and plays some Def so my PISTONS can win one more before it falls apart in 2008!

Thanks for listening.
Old 08/04/2007, 01:06 AM
Registered Member

GS as usual made another mistake by getting rid of Richardson. It seems like they want to lose. Everytime they have good players they get rid of them.

Are you guys forgetting that Ray Allen is also on the Celtics? Celtics will be #1 or 2 if those 3 stay healthy since the east is such a weak conference

I am a Lakers fan though and I still can't believe that they are wasting Phil and Kobe's time. What was the point in bringing Phil back if they didn't plan on making moves. Why not trade that kid Bynum? He is young and will be good, but not good enough to win titles by himself. They have Kobe in his prime and Phil (that guy will always be an amazing coach), so why not get Kobe some back up to take a couple titles? Kupchak is a terrible overrated GM that made one good move...Shaq