Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/23/2007, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

clownfish eye problem

I need some advice, my husband is in the hospital, and when I came home last nite the percula clown fish had one eye that was a . It looks better this morning and is only on one side, should I leave the lights off today to help the fish recouperate? It is a nano tank with mushroom polps and a zooaind colcoly, I am using live rock, hang on filter . I just did a water change 3 days ago and also changed the charcoal filter. I have had the tank for 1year. this is a reef tank so he is the only fish, he wouldn't eat last nite,
Old 07/23/2007, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

sorry he has a pop eye on one side
Old 07/23/2007, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

it usually clears up on its own, and is brought on by a number of factors, stress, poor water quality, or a scratch on his eye.

it will usually clear up on its own in about a week, but if it takes a little longer, quarantine it, and treat with melafix and pimafix or Marcyn, or Marcyn 2
40lbs LR
Hydor Koriala 2
Maxi Jet 900 Pump Replacement

Click the Red House to see my tank
Old 07/23/2007, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

i have put the light main lights on to being on for 5 hours instead of the normal 7.5 that I run do you think this would be a good idea as he doesn;t really have very many places to get out from under there glare?
Old 07/23/2007, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

I am sorry my writing is so bad but I am very shaky, Last time I did water testing I was runnign pH 8.1 , ammonia and nitrate 0 , nitite 10, dKH 8.4, calcium 340 ppm, phos 0
Old 07/23/2007, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

thanks I have to go to the hospital, I will check tonite for any other post, thanks for all your help .