Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/19/2007, 09:01 PM
Aptasia Assassin

Free BAR Calcium Reactor (Belmont)

Hi Guys! Long time no see,

I have that reactor that we made that one day, I may even have the mag 3 pump some place. Worked great for my 50 G, but I plumbed it upwards and it is hard to get started cause of air. If you drill a hole and tap it for a nylon screw you will be in bidness, or you could just redo the plumbing. Comes with the old rocks and a new thing of ARM.

Other than that I have my tank, 50G plexi... I'm about to trash that, comes with a hood (no stand) and a sump if you want it. Poor condition. Would take a few hours to pimp out, but could be resurfaced. If I can find my ballasts I will throw in a 96W VHO PC. I just need to get rid of this stuff. I like my cat cause my roommate can take care of it when I'm at trade shows, unlike a reef tank.

Ohh yeah, Like 50+ pounds of dead live rock. FREE Just throw in a rock in your sump and cure it, not too much @ once or you will get tons of algae! Or fill up my tub with water, add a heater and pump. I tried to cure it last winter, but it was like 30 out at night and my heaters were on 24/7 so I gave up.

NO PMs, you must email me joeygrant @ g mail . com

I hope the reef scene is doing well. Just was away from my tank too long to care for it.

JoeMack
Old 07/19/2007, 09:02 PM
Aptasia Assassin

damn, looking at my avatar, I REALLY miss that piece.
Old 07/19/2007, 11:40 PM
Aptasia Assassin

Sold, I mean.... GAVE!

Thanks guys. Take care all.

Hope you can buff out that tank, looked tit back in the days. If you use the riser on the hood you need to put pegs in the holes, but I gave you that corarlife ballast, so your probably not going to be HID so scrap it if you want.

For plumbing for the reactor look up the diy thread. You may need some freezer ice maker line. Hit me back up. I have some from my RODI.

That rock is gona stink! lol Summer is a good time to cure (winter was just stupid), keep it in the shade outside. Let that ammonia peak! don't change the water.

Thanks again guys, never realized I had 2k in posts here. Take it easy and peace out!

Maybe i'll join back up once I settle down and wife it up.

JoeMack