Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/11/2007, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

it looks alot like the carpenters female so i guess there is the possibility that is that...but they have no filaments...i have not seen my carpenters flash at them though....i got both of them for $15 so can't really complain either way....i have seen pics and they are kind of hard to tell i will have to post some pics of them for H. Tanaka to see maybe he could id them for me
Old 06/12/2007, 04:49 AM
Premium Member

my LFS in Hawaii has one of these guys (p. lineopunctatus) it is gorgeous. it was flashing all over the place. Definitely a need to get fish for me later
Old 06/12/2007, 01:28 PM
Premium Member

this flasher will always be a must have for me...just stunning colors
Old 06/12/2007, 02:09 PM
Premium Member

Beautiful fish guys! I have never owned a flasher wrasse. I have always wanted to buy figured it wouldn't do well with all the fish I have.
Old 06/12/2007, 05:59 PM
Premium Member

I have a pic of this put it was the worst pic I have ever took that dang fish was just too fast...but late this afternoon I was watching this guy flash and I was like hold on do I have a fish in there that I did not know about...as you can see in the other pics when it is flashing its dorsal fins turn a blue white color and the res of the body is mostly red with a few blue splashes in it....well what I saw today was crazy its body was this real deep purple color and its face was a bright blue green and its dorsal fins the same with a bright green stripe going down its back....I have seen a color close to that in a pic once of a blue flasher but have never seen a pic of the line-spot like that....I will post the pic that I got just so you can get an idea of the color I am talking about but it is blurry because he was moving way to fast...I guess what I saw was the ultimate color to see on these guys.
Old 06/12/2007, 06:07 PM
Premium Member

ok here it is i know this pic is bad and maybe i will get to see this agian and get a better shot of this color

and this is a shot from a few days ago
Old 07/19/2007, 07:18 PM
Premium Member

caught some really nice pics of this guy flashing...he does all day long so getting shots of him are easy...just the trick is trying to get one that is not blurry!!...I wish I had a good pic of him when he gets this blue-green stripe down his back..it only last for like 3 to 4 sec and I can never get a good pic of it...but it is really a sight to see...still my favorite flasher or fairy wrasse by far....the females did not make it...they died not too long after I put them in

Old 07/19/2007, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Wrasseguy2 great fish, congrats.

50 Gallon Barebottom and LR, asstd Zoo's, LPS etc. Fish: Fairies and Flashers, black Saddleback clown pair, true perk, pink bar goby, 5 blue/Green Chromis
Old 07/19/2007, 08:25 PM
My reef is my fix :-D

Mine never flashes Not sure what to do about it...

Click my red house to see my tank :-)
Old 07/19/2007, 10:34 PM
Premium Member

i seem to have got lucky on this one....he flashes all day long...from when the lights go on till the go off..i hope yours will Peter it is really cool to watch
Old 07/21/2007, 06:48 PM
Premium Member

i finally got a pretty good shot of this guy flashing that bright green in its dorsal fins...man this has been hard to catch but i got it at the end...there is another line that goes down it's back that is green like that...man just a really sweet fish...i feel very lucky to be able to see him do this everyday and it has not got old yet!!!..the first pic is an old one and the 2nd his from today you can really see the difference

Old 08/05/2007, 10:05 PM
Premium Member

i got some better shots of my flasher again..i knew that i would get better shots this guy is by far my favorite wrasse!!! i have not seen any other wrasse that i have kept turn colors like this one will..this first pic is really cool i only seen that color one other time..those colors almost look unreal!! great fish has been a model citizen...i only seen him chase my filament flasher and the filament always starts it

Old 08/06/2007, 01:23 AM
Registered Member

Hey wrasseguy2, have you had any troubles with wrasse fighting. I getting ready to setup a 180 with a few wrasse myself.
Old 08/06/2007, 09:06 AM
Premium Member

i don't have much fighting..some every now and then but then all is good..i use a specimen cup when i introduce a new wrasse to the tank..to let the others get use to the new fish.
Old 08/26/2007, 06:55 PM
Premium Member

i am sad to sat that this fish died today...i have no clues as to why...it was eating fine...yesterday i saw it eat and this morning it was acting a little strange and was just setting at the bottom...later i get up and moving and all was fine...but i was keeping a close eye to him...later i saw him in his spot he sleeps at night..then he came out and was dead....i know there has been alot of wrasses just up and dying for no reasons at all...might have had that happen to me...don't know but it sucks...this was my favorite fish i ever had...fish only tank or reef...but that is part of this hobby just keep moving on...don't know if i will replace him with one more or not...i really want an eightline flasher but they can be mean little guys...but i have wanted a c. rubrisquamis for the longest time and thats what i am leaning to now
Old 08/26/2007, 07:53 PM
My reef is my fix :-D

Have you added anything to the tank lately? So sorry to hear that

Click my red house to see my tank :-)
Old 08/26/2007, 09:14 PM
Premium Member

..i added 2 small pieces of live rockand the only otherthing that was added was some new zoa frags..i did dip them as i do any new coral that comes into my tank..so i don't think anything came in from that..who knows but if i do find another fish like that i am going to get it and that c. rubrisquamis..hope to get that this week
Old 08/27/2007, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

I feel your pain wrasseguy2. It stinks to lose such an awesome fish. Hopefully you can find another one to replace it.
Old 08/27/2007, 04:24 PM
Premium Member

yes it does but i got that rosy scales fairy i been looking for so we will see how that goes..i hope my lineatus is not to aggresive to it...man he can be a mean little guy!!!
Old 08/27/2007, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your flasher, but you will enjoy your squamis. He is one of my favorites and flashes all the time. My lineatus has nothing to do with mine, he's too busy bullying my marginatus.
Old 08/27/2007, 06:41 PM
Premium Member

well i did not get the squamis but got a really nice looking finespotted...i know they are a little aggressive but i am going to give him a try...they others in the tank are little wild too..so maybe it will work...i have not seen this variant of finespotted at my lfs..all they usually get are the Vanuatu ones..but i likes this one alot..keeping my finger crossed and hope all is good
Old 08/28/2007, 02:37 PM
Premium Member

here is a pic of the new guy a pretty sweet fish..never seen this color in a finspot..but there are alot of them
Old 08/28/2007, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

Bummer on the rosescale. Was it gone?? I've never been a big fan of the finespots probably because their one of the larger fairies. I've never seen that color before.
Old 08/28/2007, 10:01 PM
Premium Member

it had died when i got there...they said it was looking rough and died it and it died later...i too have never been a big fan of the fine spotted but got a good deal on him so i could not pass...when this guy displays it is nuts...he changes to almost a orange color and the spots turn to purple...i have 2 females in the tank already so i hope he keeps his good colors..we shall see...got the heads up on some really sweet fairy and flashers...will pm u tomorrow on them