Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/28/2007, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Unhappy It's all up for sale and has to go....

With mixed emotions, my husband has accepted an ex-pat assignment in the Netherlands for the next 2-3 years.. We will be leaving later this summer. I have had and raised seahorses since 2002. So the tanks, rock and corals are at least 4 years old. The seahorses have all been sold.

I am not a reef guru, but I know what has worked for me! I am not sure of all of the latin names as I used to buy what I liked! If someone wants the tank-fine, if not, I can store it with water and a basic pump running to keep it sound until our return.

I have no prices, as I just want fair offers. I would prefer if the items were picked up. I live in Beaver County, about 20 minutes from the airport. I am willing to drive to the Robinson area or Monroeville area to meet up.

Here is what is available:

In this tank there is 85+lbs of live rock. Several pieces of the rock have mushrooms attached. I believe there are 5 different kinds-probably more as there are several species which have fallen behind the rock and continues to grow! The rocks with mushrooms are fist sized and larger. Each rock contains 4-6 mushrooms. There are several rocks which have only 1 mushroom, but the mushroom is the size of your palm! There is the mother of all mushroom rocks which has over 50 mushrooms on the front and side faces alone. This rock measures approx 9” x 5” and is around 5-6” in diameter. A couple of the shrooms, when open are the size of soft balls!

Corals: Mushrooms galore (see above)! 1 green toadstool leather on a rock with 5 red mushrooms. His cap, when fully extended is about 5” in diameter. 1 toadstool leather about 4” in diameter which has attached itself to 2 pieces of rock! 1 mature, 4-5” tall mother-kenya tree. She has naturally, which is kinda unusual, spawned (or what ever it is they do) 2 babies. Each about 1 ˝” tall and all 3 are on the same couple of rocks. There is a pretty little feather duster, which is attached to a mushroom rock. Since she first appeared, she has grown to about 2” in diameter! Don’t know how large she’ll get. Lastly, there is a small (2-3” piece of rock) colony of a pretty polyp. I don’t know the name. And several other colonies of another type on several more rocks.

Livestock: Duncan, my little clown who has been with me since Finding Nemo came out. 1 little yellow goby-2 years old. 4 peppermint shrimp. Snails of many species and sizes, little star fish (2 or 3 different types), 2 sea urchins, and a hermit crab or two.

Macro Algae: Calurpa—razor, cup, feather, grape and 1 other type. Halimeda. I keep all of these severely pruned, but have let them grow a bit since the horses are gone.

If anyone is interested, please e-mail me:

muhlberger@comcast.net
Old 06/28/2007, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

I should add... I have probably an additional 75-100 Lbs of live rock in my nursery tank. All rock in all my tanks is a combo of Figi, Marshall and Tonga. Pods so thick they're climbing all over the glass-no horses to eat them!
Old 06/28/2007, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Hi, I tryed to email you, but there was an error on my side. I would be interested in the halimeda and some of the live rock. I am raising pods. I would be willing to meet you in Monroeville sometime soon to pick it up. Thanks, and good wishes on your hubbys new job. Jan
Old 06/28/2007, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

yes i would love to grab some lr also
Old 06/29/2007, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

[IMG] http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...86IMG_0791.JPG[/IMG]

I have posted a bunch of pics in members gallery. I had turned the lights on, and didn't want to wait. They ahd been on about 10 minutes before I began taking pictures.
Old 06/29/2007, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

[IMG] http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...86IMG_0795.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/22686IMG_0783.JPG[/IMG

[IMG] http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...86IMG_0786.JPG[/IMG]

Old 06/29/2007, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

[IMG] http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...86IMG_0783.JPG[/IMG]

There are many single mushrooms attached to rocks.
Old 06/29/2007, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

hmmm...don't know how this little girl escaped me...but it seems I have 1 6-7 month old femal H. erectus seahorse left. Just found her on the backside of the tank.

Her parents were(have been sold) OR mustangs. Don't know what color she'll end up being...guessing green or redish/brown.

I'll sell her for $75 and even throw in all the PE mysis I have left.
Old 06/29/2007, 03:12 PM
Premium Member

Julie,

I will take some of the red mushrooms.

Al
Old 06/29/2007, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

I am interested in the toadstools what kind of price are you looking to get?
Old 07/05/2007, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Here is an update:

ALL of the rock has been sold. The 2 leathers are gone. I still have mushrooms galore! I have "big Red", who is a mother of all mushroom rocks. She has 50+ red mushrooms on the 2 faces facing you...don't know how many in total.

I still have the Kenya trees.

I have several pieces of rock with just 1-2 mushrooms attached. Another red which has at least 7, hairy with 5.

If interested, please send me a messgae:

muhlberger@comcast.net

A BIG thank you to all who have responded.
Old 07/05/2007, 09:47 AM
Registered Member