PDA

View Full Version : poor little reefer looking for freebies

Lishoop6
07/11/2006, 06:22 PM
Hi I don't have much money but i do have a 29 gal wanna be reef tank and was looking for some handouts. I'm not into the whole sugar coating deal I'll just say it like it is or at least how I think it is anyway.

I have a 29 gallon kit with no modifications or different equipment, about 15 lbs of live rock 1 inch frag of yellow polp's, baby finger leather, 5 mushrooms, and a 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch peice of star polps I think, Oh and hitch hiker feather dusters.

just thought i'd ask you guy's and gal's

Lishoop6
07/11/2006, 06:22 PM
oh and two baby marrons from mak056

jmkarcz
07/12/2006, 01:22 PM
Why don't you tell us about your system and lighting, I might have some stuff I can offer up, but I'm frag impaired, so it depends on your system, and the few frags I have, and what ever else I can do to help you. I'll offer what I can...

Jason

Lishoop6
07/12/2006, 05:17 PM
I have the 1 florecent bulb fixture with the bulb from the kit and a 10 gall light fixture with a 50/50 bulb for my lighting, the AGA heater from the kit, an AGA versa top cover and a hang on the back filter from the kit

Thats it for equipment

ReeferAl
07/13/2006, 02:08 PM
I have the following to give away:

Xenia, small toadstool leather, small frags of candycane coral (Caulastrea), a small green Pocillopora (probably needs more light though)

If there's another meeting anytime soon I'd be happy to bring them if I could make it.

jmkarcz
07/13/2006, 03:24 PM
I proly could find you a anthelia polyp cluster... maybe something else. But I think we need to encrease your lighting some how...

I'll offer to help drill out your tank and help you put together a fuge, if you go that far... but we'd have to find some glass and junk tank, i'm out of small ones.

If you want to lend a hand at my place with converting my lights over my 40 gal's and converting my 30 reef into a 75 reef, I will donate some displaced lighting and tank supplies. I have been wrapped up with a few other things, if left up to my own devices, it'll take a while to get to it. pm me if your interested, and I'll give you my number....

Jason

Lishoop6
07/13/2006, 08:30 PM
I will most likely be attending the September meeting at MAK056 (Mike) place. I would be glad to meet all of you there and wishing it would be sooner. This is very generous of all of you and I hope to be able to repay you all down the line. Thank- You
Lisa

jmkarcz
07/14/2006, 12:26 PM
I STAND CORRECTED... THIS IS AWKWARD, BUT I HAD NOT REALIZED YOU WERE UNDERAGE, AND RESPECTFULLY WITHDRAW MY OFFER. I WILL - TIME WILLING, WORK ON MY PROJECTS, AND LET YOU KNOW WHEN I AM DONE. AS I FINISH, I WILL BE HAVING SOME EQUIPTMENT BECOME AVAILABLE, BUT IT GOES QUICK.

BY NO MEANS AM I SUGGESTING ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE, AND I RESPECTFULLY APOLOGIZE.

JASON

DebsSisterFlo
07/14/2006, 04:54 PM
I have a xenia frag all ready to go, and I could give you a brownish polypy thing too... if you and a parent come here to pick it up it is yours! I'm 25 minutes north of Green Bay, just email me if you're interested.

Lishoop6
07/16/2006, 12:03 AM
Just to set the record straight I am 18 and the only reason I am wary of going to some ones house from this site is because anyone has acsess to it and there are some realy wierd people out there. Not that I don't trust you guy's but a young woman has to watch out for people with the way the world is.

P.S. this help is greatly appreciated

DebsSisterFlo
07/16/2006, 12:10 AM
I totally agree, you can't be too careful. Everyone here has been great at the meetings, but I do applaud you for being cautious, smart girl! you have a pm too, btw.

nellie54914
07/17/2006, 12:04 AM
I don't mean to offend, but if you're leary of going to people's houses (which I totally understand being a woman myself) you might not want to advertise the frag-sitting thing you posted a couple weeks ago. I think you could attract more weirdos that way than by people offering you frags. At least the people offering frags you can look in this forum at meeting threads, the people that are listed that attended meetings you'd be ok with since we have met them in person. Not to say they're normal, we are all reefers after all. ;)

Lishoop6
07/17/2006, 08:00 PM
I acctually wasn't really thinking when i made that thread and don't know how to delete it. I forgot I even made it.