PDA

View Full Version : I just saved my anemone, it was awesome

cital
05/20/2005, 07:34 PM
So I get up this morning and my flouresent green BTA (with purple tips) wasn't looking so hot, so I wait until the lights turn on and it is only getting worse, its mouth was starting to expand it was shrunk up, etc, I really thought it was going to die and I was really bummed because it is an awesome anemone. So I test my water and my PH and alkalinity is way way low, I went to the LFS and they told me to use the Kent Marine super buffer dkh, so I used it and I couldn't believe how the anemone responded, within an hour it was back close to full health. I couldn't believe how fast the turn around was. Anyway, just wanted to share, I am stoked.

mrreuben
05/20/2005, 07:50 PM
Some times i notice my BTA shrivels up. But it always seems to look good within an hour or 2.

reefmaint
05/20/2005, 08:22 PM
:( in my friends tank thats how my rbta is looking 24/7. really feel bad i have to leave it with him/

mrreuben
05/23/2005, 01:44 AM
yea i know how you feel. my one friend always buys polys, coral, and other inverts. that just end up dead in a week or 2. i would take them off his hands but i dont want his bristle worms ending up in my tank.

Dubbin1
05/23/2005, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by cital
So I get up this morning and my flouresent green BTA (with purple tips) wasn't looking so hot, so I wait until the lights turn on and it is only getting worse, its mouth was starting to expand it was shrunk up, etc, I really thought it was going to die and I was really bummed because it is an awesome anemone. So I test my water and my PH and alkalinity is way way low, I went to the LFS and they told me to use the Kent Marine super buffer dkh, so I used it and I couldn't believe how the anemone responded, within an hour it was back close to full health. I couldn't believe how fast the turn around was. Anyway, just wanted to share, I am stoked.
More then likely it was just taking a dump :D They will completely shrivel up like that from time to time.

spline9
05/23/2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by mrreuben
i would take them off his hands but i dont want his bristle worms ending up in my tank.
Yes you do. Bristle worms are good scavengers. :)
I've never seen one do any harm other than get in a tug-of-war with an amphipod and a sexy shrimp over some pellet food. That was pretty amusing to watch. Heh.