PDA

View Full Version : Clown to big for Anenome?

Stormbringer22
02/08/2004, 03:46 PM
I haven't tried keeping an Anenome for 15 years untill now. I'm wondering if y'all think a large Maroon Clown will damage this little Anenome? When the Anenome is small, the clown is bigger than it is....I ask, because the Anenome isn't inflating as much as it was before the clown discovered it. I don't want to see this Anenome die!...

pattylt
02/08/2004, 04:30 PM
All I can say is from personal experience, the anemone should adjust and will grow to accomodate the fish. My anemone was very small when my mated Percs started hosting in it and the anemone quickly grew larger (they fed it!) and within a month was large enough to have both of them buried amongst the tentacles! Watch closely. I assume that the anemone will soon let you know that he likes it or he hates it. Sweet picture.
patty

Stormbringer22
02/08/2004, 05:54 PM
Thats what I'm worried about, if the anenome hates it, then it'll turn into a pile of spooge. I paid alot more for the anenome than the clown & would hate to see it go. Maybe I'll try to trade this Maroon clown in for a smaller model! Thanks Patty!

trentupd
02/09/2004, 12:13 AM
No need to worry. My GSM is about 3-4 inches and it was hosting in a quarter sized BTA, and a plate sized BTA. The tiny quarter sized anenome grew vary quickly and the clown fed it alot! So there is no need to worry, the clown IMO will make the anenome healthier!

killercoral
02/09/2004, 01:48 AM
don't worry, they make a nice couple!

Stormbringer22
02/09/2004, 04:07 PM
Well, today the Anenome is no where to be seen, and the clown can't get to it. The clown acts like it knows the area of where the Anenome is by pacing the area like a nervous father at the maternity ward, but, I just don't see it. Do Anenomes play hard to get?

trentupd
02/09/2004, 04:14 PM
The anenome will move around the tank until it finds a spot it likes. They can also squish down to almost nothing, so it is probably just behind a rock and trying to find a spot it likes. It will be ok i think!