Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/13/2006, 12:33 AM
Moved On

getting rid of a killer tank real cheap to

figured Id go ahead and post this it all has to be gone by the 28th I would like to sell it all at one time but i dont know if i will be able to just so y'all know I live in Lafayette IN and am very reasonable... IM selling my 65 reef stand tank lights livestock all included for a really great price IMO

heres a stock list...

65 gallon marineland tank with oak trim in a golden color
matching stand
matching canopy
canopy houses a 6 inch fan which moves plenty of air to maintain tank temp
this canopy houses a 400 watt MH bulb alongside a 192 watt coralife type fixture the coralife was dissasembled to fit into the canopy total wattage 592 watts this tank was setup to support SPS corals and has done so very well

doors on the front for very easy access the canopy itself is around 30 inches tall because IM a tall person and wanted to be able to cover the whole tank with the lighting the tank itself has one tiny scratch that is very difficult to see without pointing it out

next is filtration
for flow I use two different powerheads I have a powerhead 402 not sure of the namebrand but it puts out alot of flow also i have another one im not sure on the name

i have a nice sump setup overflow system included with filter and 2 inch hosin to the sump the sump is a 12 gallon jbj nanocube and serves also as my refugium this is really a pretty cool setup
the jbj is only a couple of months old the overflow is made by proclear to give you an idea of what it looks like

i also have a marineland biowheel filter that runs on the side of the main tank

for the return from the sump is a CAP2200 return pump this sucker really moves the water LOL

as for livestock I'll try to do my best on listing everything

FISH are as follows

small orange shoulder tang hes the prettiest one Ive ever seen and is very active and eats algae all day long

i also have a yellow tang which is full grown and has been in the tank for almost 2 years now he is also a very healthy eater

I have a mated pair of clowns that lay eggs so much at least once every two weeks I paid over 200 bucks for this pair and they are really stunning someone who knew how to breed these guys and harvest the eggs could make a fortune

one large 4 stripe damsel hes georgous and over 3 years old very good eater and peaceful for his species

one large male lyretail anthia who is healthy and eats and is stunning in color

also i have a pair of orange longfin mollies that are in my reef and are adapted to saltwater living this is a mated pair

thats It for fishies

as for corals where do i start I'll try my best these are all handpicks nothing in my tank was shipped to me it was all bought at either aquarium world or Inland aquatics

I have a purple tip acro about 4 inches long

staghorn type coral which is huge and redish with green polyps

green hydnophora

pink birdsnest

zoos orange and green with blue centers

a goniopora who is very pretty and healthy gree tips with brownis innards eats like a monster

encrusing gorgo two different varieties one is large and pink and the other is purple and branching

I have anthelia which is very fast at growing

a wierd colored froggy

large brown monti cap and frags

another encrusting purple colored monti

thats about it for corals most are smaller but very pretty well over 1 grand in corals alone....

rock i have around 150 pounds I would say easy some figi some base rock and some very rare home made live rock made of an orange colored desert stone this rock will not leach anything into the water and has been in my tanks since i started... wonderful coverings in purples and pinks corallines and different types of corals covering them also have sponges creaping out Ive seen bristles the good fireworms all kinds of neat lil goodies

substrate is an aragonite based rock

I forgot one fish I have a pretty diamond bar goby who is always out in the open

tons of blue leg hermits

as for additives

2 part kent marine calcium
kent marine zooplex
combovital
coral vital
biotrace
iodine
some oceanic salt
some instant ocean salt
other misc stuff

Im moving to Florida is why im getting out none of this stuff is bad stuff and all is georgous I hate to get out but dont want to chance the move maybe when i get selted some of u nice folks will help me out with frags like i said Id love to sell it all in one chop to someone who is very lucky there is well over 3 grand invested here Im selling it all for $900.00 OBO if you need help when u buy it I have a vehicle to help move it and would be willing to take a day to help you please serious inquires only

have a wonderful day for pics email me also my cell is 765-585-2315

my name is Nate
Old 02/13/2006, 12:41 AM
Registered Member

Re: getting rid of a killer tank real cheap to

Lafeyette??? Louisiana
The broker I get,The less I can spend.
The less I can spend,The more I want

VISCIOUS CYCLE!!
Old 02/13/2006, 12:47 AM
Registered Member

wish I had some place to put it.
Old 02/13/2006, 05:45 AM
Registered Member

I believe that person is in Lafayette, Indiana.
Old 02/13/2006, 10:12 AM
Moved On

electronrider you are CORRECT lafayette IN it is
Old 02/13/2006, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

woud you sell just the hood? an ship it?
Old 02/13/2006, 03:22 PM
Moved On

nope that would take away from the entire package... if i did sell it Id sell it for 300 come on dont you want the rest to id sell the tank stand lights and sump for 500
Old 02/13/2006, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

I wish i saw this before i bought my 65 gallon 3 weeks ago!!! Its a GREAT deal though. if you end up parting out PM me
Thanks
Old 02/13/2006, 05:23 PM
Moved On

thanks for the compliment just sell ur tank and buy mine its better LOL
Old 02/13/2006, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

if my wife wasn't due any day now, i'd make the three hour drive from Elkhart.. good deal though...
Old 02/13/2006, 09:02 PM
Moved On

gosh lol wats with all the excuses someone please help me out here I'll even throw in the new marineland skimmer
Old 02/13/2006, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

hey

Hey, I am very very interested in this. I live in Fort Wayne and went to Purdue for 2 years and am currently looking for a new tank! Let me look at my finances a little closer and see what the lady says but this is a great deal and if my tax refund is what I hope I think we could have a deal if you still have it in a day or two.
Old 02/13/2006, 10:49 PM
Moved On

WONDERFUL!!! sounds like a good idea I bit the bullet today and went and upgraded to a new skimmer its a marineland 100 gallon veturi jet skimmer and its already pullin lots of gunk my old skimmer quit on me LOL anywho I hope you decide to get this it would definetely be worth the money Im selling it for even if u were to buy it set it up and start selling stuff seperately it would easily add up to over 2000 dollars I know it would lol anyhow let me know I'll send some pics RIGHT NOW lol the pics really dont do it justice at all sadly enough... anywho Im available anytime u wanna come see it drop me a line 7655852315
Old 02/14/2006, 12:19 AM
Registered Member

still waiting for a pic...
Old 02/14/2006, 12:39 AM
Moved On

sorry i havent got ur pics to ya yet socal1 give me an email addy to send them to
BOY lots of people interested In the first day i think that i should of asked for more money lol
Old 02/14/2006, 02:59 AM
Moved On

well folks here is some crazy news that is probably going to upset a few of ya... I sold the tank to my girlfriend she bought it for 800 bucks and it doesnt have to leave this apartment because she is stayin here till she is done wit college and can move with me I am sorta happy i dont have to tear it apart... sorry folks...
Old 02/14/2006, 05:02 AM
Devil in the fur

post removed

Last edited by geo; 02/14/2006 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02/14/2006, 07:56 AM
RC Mod

These are not discussion forums. If you wish to purchase or trade, please post. However, if you only wish to comment on the quality of someone else's trade item or their price, with no intention of buying/trading, please keep it to yourself. These type of posts only sidetrack the thread away from the goal of the original poster - trading or selling their item.
Old 02/14/2006, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

I woud love to make a deal on al your fish. Just started a 180 and would make a great home to all of them. email me price
aquaholic33@aol.com
clayton NC
Old 02/14/2006, 11:08 PM
Moved On

hello people Im sorry to dissapoint some of you I know alot of you really wanted this tank.. this is kinda goin to help me a bit I know this upsets lots of you hopefully not to much it might be up for sale again sometime soon depending on whether or not i convince my g/f to transfer to florida with me or not although she just placed an order for over 500 dollars worth of sps today cant wait to see what that looks like well ttyl all sorry AGAIN
Old 02/15/2006, 12:42 AM
Moved On

can I get an RC mod to delete this post