Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/05/2008, 05:29 PM
Premium Member

NEW & IMPROVED maxi jet sure flow kit kicks butt

anyone try these yet? I'll I can say is they kick butt. I just pulled out 5 SEIO 2600. And replaced them with four maxi jet 1200 and the kits using the white prob. They have a ton of flow. The kit is the best built I have seen yet. Tank is 6' long and two push water over my BTA from the other side of the tank. I had to aim them a little off to keep the bta and clowns happy.

Best thing is they only use 20 watts each. Where the SEIO were using 65 watts each. Bob

Tomorrows another day, the sun will shine again. me
Old 01/05/2008, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

good to hear, i have been looking into picking up a few of these for my new set up. wanted to hear remarks from someone who had them first.

how do they look in the tank do you have a shot? do they stick out far?
Old 01/05/2008, 07:23 PM
Premium Member

Where did you pick them up from? I just bought two 1200s and put them in my tank.

YES they're pitbulls and they're NOT mean!
Old 01/05/2008, 10:15 PM
Premium Member

I'll take a photo in the next day or two. I got at http://www.premiumaquatics.com/

Old 01/06/2008, 12:26 PM
reefaholic

Clown, what is the noise like? Some of the reviews on the PA site say the mod for the 1200 is loud.

Visit our CTARS club website by clicking the 'red house' icon above :)
Old 01/06/2008, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

I read some review that the noise mellows down after time but i am wondering the same thing myself....how noisy is it?
Old 01/06/2008, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

Could be the prop. That noise usually goes away after a week or two. Especially if the prop isn't balanced correctly.
Old 01/06/2008, 01:16 PM
Premium Member

The noise was only an issue using the smaller black propeller in the old kit. The new kit has the larger white propeller for the 1200. Now its not an issue.
Old 01/06/2008, 03:34 PM
Psuedo Member

Ive used the 1600 mod on a maxi1200 and its awesome. best mod ive ever used and Ive used a couple. highly recommend with the magnet mount.
Old 01/06/2008, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

im going to be getting them for my mj 600's. found a easy mod i tryed till i get them next week. just wondering if anyone else has tryed it?

cut off the front of the outlet and drill a few holes around the inlet. seemed to work well
Old 01/06/2008, 07:13 PM
Premium Member

Yea the black prob made noise, but I was not using that one on a magnet mount.
The white probe makes no sound at all, I do have two 1200 mounted on the bigger magnet on each end of the tank. Thats a total of four all together. on two magnets.

Old 01/07/2008, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

Works for me

I have three going right now, and they are OUTSTANDING Two buy Sureflow and one buy Eco Mod. No noise no problems and for the price along with the size and amount of flow its hard to beat. Your more than welcome to stop buy and take a look, send me a PM.