Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/21/2006, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Tunze NanoStream 6025 in a 20H?

Hi
does anyone use a Tunze NanoStream 6025 in a 20H tank? Is it the only water movement device in the tank? How do you like it so far? Can it be put on a wavemaker timer?

I have a 20H mixed reef and I have a fairly dense acro. Its outer branches are doing fine but the inner ones do not have good polyp extension and the coloring isnt too great either. I currently have 2 MJ900s on the top level of the tank (nozzles cut off) and a Mj400 on the bottom, they are on a natural wave timer. I think I dont have good enough flow, the rest of the SPS are doing great but they are all small frags with 5-6 branches at the most. I'm thinking of getting a 6025 and either remove some of the MJs or keep them in the opposite end on the wavemaker to provide intermittent random flow.
"most aquarium products are based on profit and not science" - Eric Borneman, The Skeptical Aquarist.
Old 12/21/2006, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

hi there baj sorry iv not got Tunze NanoStream 6025 but iv got 1x maxi-jet 1200 1x maxi-jet 900 in my 24 gln nano-cube and thats plenty of flow,just wondering how well that Tunze nano DOC skimmer works and is there any photos of your set-up
Old 12/21/2006, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

No worries, here is a link to the AC500 mod I made, it has photos of the setup and a update about the color/amount of skimmate pulled after about 1 day of skimming.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=993707

Taking thread back on topic (please see first post, thanks)
"most aquarium products are based on profit and not science" - Eric Borneman, The Skeptical Aquarist.
Old 12/21/2006, 05:05 PM
Premium Member

The 6025 cannot be used on a wavemaker and should not be switched at intervals less than 15 minutes. Check out the Tunze forum, there is a lot of info about the Nanostreams.
Old 12/21/2006, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

you got a link for the tunze forums? I couldn't find them. I'm thinking about doing the same thing on my 20H that I just built the stand for...
Old 12/21/2006, 07:16 PM
*Pico Freak*

This is a good one... http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=989586 Just look in the tunze forum. It seems all the threads in there are about Nanostreams. Good luck!