Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/16/2006, 03:08 AM
Registered Member

Zoo Frag Pack (www.yourreef.com)

Has anyone bought any zoos from www.yourreef.com?
Are they reliable? Reputable?
How is their quality and variety (they hand pick your frag pack themselves)?
Old 12/16/2006, 04:10 AM
Registered Member

never hered of them. looks nice though buy some and let me know i might order some then
Old 12/16/2006, 05:57 AM
Reefcast Fan

i got 2 of them when i first got my tank going, got lots of variety from them. Some nicer than others, but no brown ones at all
Old 12/16/2006, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

I did business with John at Yourreef last week. Got some very nice zoos and shrooms.

My shipment was professionally packaged. Even sent me a few little bonuses after hearing I was stocking a newer tank.

I'll tell you how serious he is about his reputation. I ordered some gorilla nipple zoos as part of my purchase. They were nowhere to be found in the order. I sent him an email and POLITELY explained that they didn't make the package. He emailed me back and explained that while he PERSONALLY fragged out the GN's, if I was unable to find them, he'd send me an additional frag.

Turns out that I had set the frag in the back of the tank while moving some things around while they were closed, then forgot about it. I felt like an *** when I did find them and apologized profusely.

So, here is a guy that personally packed the box tell me (the idiot) that while he knows they made it, he would send me a second frag.

I think that speaks volumes about him.

Finally, everything arrived alive and was open in my tank in 10 minutes.

After this incident, I feel obligated to do business with him whenever possible.
Old 12/16/2006, 09:59 AM
Premium Member

His shop is about 5 miles from me, and the owner is extremely nice and helpful. The shop is small, but he is very knowledgeable & patient with newbies - he spent about 20 minutes talking to me about overflows, pipe sizes, pump requirements, etc., even encouraged me to use the pumps I had on hand instead of talking me into a new pump from him.

Also, I believe he's well regarded by MARS members (Sacramento Reefers).
Old 12/16/2006, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

$3.99 for LR and free shipping? Sounds like a pretty good deal. Anyone gotten any LR from him?
Old 12/17/2006, 02:32 AM
Registered Member

sorry to jump in but was wonderin if zoo's were a good starter coral and if they were safe with damsels?
Old 12/17/2006, 02:56 AM
Dismembered

YES meowmix
Old 12/24/2006, 02:32 PM
Moving Along

Ive gotten everything from liverock, to zoos, corals, and fish from yourreef.com. Everthing was of the quality I would expect, and with corals and fish have had my expectations surpassed a few times. John has an excellent reputation to those in the greater Sacramento area for excellent variety, and shopping experience.

You wont be dissapointed.

-Justin
Old 12/25/2006, 11:55 AM
Ancient Eskimo Legend

[moved]

"The wind blew, the detritus flew and then they came two by two."