Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Orlando Reef Caretakers Association (ORCA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/14/2006, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation For Sale: 80 BLACK & WHITE Ocellaris Juveniles $500

I have to get these fish out of my growout system so I can make some mods. These are not paper-thin juveniles, which is all I seem to see these days,,, these are fat, healthy and (as far as I can tell) happy!

Too few for a wholesaler,, too many for a hobbyist,,,, thought maybe one of the LFS's might want these. At about $6 per fish,,, someone should do ok,, considering they average $40 or so online, plus shipping.

$500 takes them all, firm, no haggling, no offers, cash only, no checks, no I won't ship them.

I counted them 3 times yesterday and got 79, 81 and 81,,, so I'm pretty sure there are 80 (they're hard to count!). I will discount $6 for every fish under 80.

The fish are all approx. 6 months old, healthy and eating like pigs. They have been raised in tanks that use IO salt at 1.024 and in temperatures ranging from 76f to 84f. They've never been exposed to any type of medication.

They have been fed the following foods and all will be readily accepted if crushed to the correct size:

Golden Pearls
Formula 1 pellets (have to grind these up really fine).
Cyclop-eze
Formula 2 flake
Prime Reef Flake
Live baby & adult brine
They even eat cheap Wardley's goldfish flake with gusto.

Their current feeding regimen is Golden Pearls 3 times a day and a feeding of cyclop-eze every 2 days which helps maintain their dark color.

I will include approx. 3 weeks worth of Golden Pearls with the fish.

The fish are guaranteed healthy and pathogen free,,, nothing gets into my growout systems unless it is QT'd for 3 full months,, even my Live Rock & base rock spends 3 months in a dark trashcan.

Most of the fish are approx 1.5" in length,,,, though there are a few that are around the 2" mark. There's a nice mix of sizes so making bonded pairs is easy. I'd say about 50% are mis-bars on the middle bar, but most are only slightly mis-barred,, and on one side only. Most of the fish are losing their orange faces already, some are nearly completely black. They will lose the remaining orange quickly (within 3 or 4 weeks) after being separated from the rest.

These fish are currently all together in a 20g long tank with massive aeration and approx 30x tank turnover per hour from the filtration (wet/dry, skimmer, LR, LS). They will need to be kept in a tank at least this size with good filtration, but to keep the population density high (cuts down on fighting) I'd recommend a tank no bigger than 40g. The water must be vigorously aerated at all times,,,, 80 fish will strip the oxygen from a 20g tank in less than an hour,,, even quicker if the water is over 80f.

They should be kept in a tank that is as bare as possible,,,, any rocks or other decorations will give them territory to fight over,, and there will be trouble. Right now they only have an air-bubbler to fight about and they all get along pretty well.

I will delivery these within the Orlando area or you can drive up to my home in Apopka and take the fish yourself,,, you'll need a couple of 5g buckets with lids and 2 battery-powered airpumps,,, oh, and $500 cash

I can take some pics or a short video of the fish and email it to you, but I'm sure you know what they look like.

Please PM me if you have questions, want pics or would like the fish. I need to get these out of the door in the next 7 days.

I'm not interested in selling these as individuals or pairs,,,, they are being sold as one big lot only.

First come, first serve.

Juck

Last edited by Juck; 12/14/2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12/16/2006, 03:49 PM
Sea cowgirl

If these end up going to someone locally I would REALLY like to know where the end up, as I would buy a pair in a heartbeat. Just dont have room for all 80!

>Sarah
Old 12/16/2006, 04:53 PM
Moved On

no lfs wants to buy them, usually they will at least give you a credit
Old 12/16/2006, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

>>no lfs wants to buy them

Funny, they were sold within about an hour of listing them.
Old 12/17/2006, 09:56 AM
living life 2 the fullest

Which fish store? If you dont mind me asking, i would love to get a pair.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 12/18/2006, 12:55 AM

Its that i would love to get a pair.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 12/18/2006, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

So, where did they end up? I would be interested in a young pair as well!!
Old 12/18/2006, 03:13 PM

I think that it must be a secret.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 12/18/2006, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Of course it's confidential,,, only an idiot would post their customer's details on a web message board.
Old 12/18/2006, 03:39 PM

Well i guess its like a doctor/patient relationship. My bad if i offended you, just thought that if a lfs bought them from you, they would also like to sell them for a profit, its called business. I could not take all 80 but i would be willing to pay 60-80 bucks for a pair, which is a nice profit for the person that bought them.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 12/18/2006, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Juck
Of course it's confidential,,, only an idiot would post their customer's details on a web message board.
Wow, that was kinda rude, but whatever.....

Like was said above, cannot do 80, but a pair would be nice.
Old 12/18/2006, 11:15 PM
Adult Swim Goon

How many reef stores in the area, have the capability to house that many at one time....its pretty easy to firgure out if you ask me....

The 65 is gone on to bigger and better things.....click the red house for a new beginning.
Old 12/19/2006, 09:03 AM
President emeritus, ORCA

Anyone can house 80 occ's in a 30G tank. They are very small, so room is not necessary. Thay only need space when they are claiming territory.