Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/23/2006, 10:43 PM
*Pico Freak*

Talking Let's talk about REEFCAST!

I absoluetly love reefcast. It's helped me so much in this hobby Marc is the greatest and well...Evan is Evan. LOL No he's great to.
Anyways. I wouldn't here if it wasn't for reefcast. Thanks guys for the greatest reef related podcast ever. ohh New topic to talk about. Reef-ready tanks and sun corals...personally the greatest coral ever. Does anybody else like reefcast as much as i do? Talk about it here:

P.S. I'm the biggest reefcast fan. To bad i can't make it to macna this year other wise I would totally win that award.lol
Old 09/23/2006, 11:06 PM
No Bonds in Oakland!!!!!!

I agree that it is awsome. and for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Melev let me tell you that he is exactly the same in person
Old 09/23/2006, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

Holy crap, your post made me go look... 2 new reefcasts!!!

Now where's that live MACNA feed they spoke of? C'mon Marc and evan get at er
Old 09/24/2006, 12:15 AM
reef obsessed

REEFCAST is the bomb! Awesome topics and two hilarious hosts that make TalkingReef sound like freshman biology. I really like the first few episodes where they were one drink from losing it. Hilarious!
Old 09/24/2006, 12:33 AM
Needing a job

They recorded a few shows today from MACNA. I was able to sit down with Marc and Evan today. Look for an article on their reefcast soon by yours truly. Now I just need someone to pick it up

Ryan
Old 09/24/2006, 03:29 AM
Premium Member

Ditto from me on Reefcast! I got lots of good info on the earlier episodes and found the entertainment value on the later episodes going up as they get more creative and crazy. Isn't Evan due for a taste test sometime soon?!?
Old 09/24/2006, 07:25 AM
Premium Member

Definitely a cool show, they try to cover the very simple stuff along with having expert guests, I also love how my itunes automatically downloads it.
Old 09/24/2006, 08:25 AM
Premium Member

Where do you find this Reefcast thing?
Old 09/24/2006, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

... google ... reefcast (no space) ...
Quote:
Results 1 - 10 of about 46,100 for reefcast. (0.18 seconds)
Oddly the first one is www.reefcast.com

Oh evan I take back every curse, swear and comment involving you and chimpanzees... Thanks for Reefcast 15 (oooh video)!
Old 09/24/2006, 10:44 AM
Evan in colorado

yay more reefcast...that IS the best podcast ever.

go to www.reefcast.com or search reefcast in the itunes music store.
Old 09/24/2006, 12:01 PM
*Pico Freak*

I just downloaded "Talking reef". I'm not bashing the show but i honestly fell asleep listening to it....lol. It has loads of info it's just that the show is sooooo BORING.

anyways,
reefcast rules!!!!
Old 09/24/2006, 12:42 PM
*Pico Freak*

Does anybody think Marc sounds like Steve carell?
It may just be me...lol
Old 09/24/2006, 01:34 PM
Reefcast Fan

love reefcast, i always look foreward to listening. I got into a rut, got busy with work and other things and neglected the tank some. I started listening to reefcast and it got me back into it. Just set up another tank over the last week.
Very informative and fun to listen to.. cant wait for a full episode of video reefcast where we can see them 2 fools goofin off
Old 09/25/2006, 02:19 AM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Snakebyt
Very informative and fun to listen to.. cant wait for a full episode of video reefcast where we can see them 2 fools goofin off
Well, you never know what you might get. Did you catch the vidcast where you can see what the VorTech pumps can do now? Unbelievable. I was so excited....
Old 09/25/2006, 03:19 AM
Reefcast Fan

Yeah, i saw the Vid, those are amazing. Lots of motion going on.. wonder what fish in a tank like that would think, Especially older fish that as so used to relativly calm water. They would think they were at Wet and Wild or somthing.. WEEEEEEE
Old 09/25/2006, 03:27 AM
TRC Leader

That isn't the recommended wave, obviously. Unless you were going to give it a name like the Weather Channel so aptly does.

The wave action can be controlled, even to the point that you could program it to run a wave for 10 minutes each hour, and then just normal flow the rest of the time. The whole concept is a work in progress, and what options we have ahead of us are limited only by our imaginations. With the way it works the pumps, you don't have to worry about it blowing a coral clean off the rock, like I was thinking.

Obviously it will be a while before we can get one, but it sure is exciting to talk about it now!
Old 09/25/2006, 04:15 AM
Registered Member

I just love Reefcast!! Can't wait for the new episode.... (yeah I know that there are 2 new ones but I want more..more..more)

Old 09/25/2006, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snakebyt
cant wait for a full episode of video reefcast where we can see them 2 fools goofin off
Yeah, the human bowling at macna was just a teaser

Maybe we should be sending them beer/crown - maybe that would encourage the video camera to come out more
Old 09/25/2006, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

LOVING the technology these days, now i can get my reef fix while im doing the most boring stuff ever on my building site, all from my dam fone....
Old 09/25/2006, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

I got to hang out with Marc and Evan a bit, and consumed more than my share of candy at their booth!

Thanks guys for keeping us entertained.

Oh yeah. Evan, you are my Hero!

Old 09/25/2006, 10:02 AM
TRC Leader

See you guys this weekend. I'm going to be offline...
Old 09/25/2006, 10:20 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for all your nice comments guys! Really made staying up for the last like 50 hours worth it. We had a blast at MACNA and guaranteed there will be at least 3 more shows from there on top of the 2 alreay released so you will just have to deal with my editing time Marc is out this week but should return Friday night and hopefully after that we can do the post MACNA wrap up show.

Quote:
Originally posted by ShaneV

Oh yeah. Evan, you are my Hero!

AWWWwww Thanks Shane! I know that was completely unsolicited! *wink wink* Guys, Shane and the rest of MARSH worked their butts off and did an amazing job with this MACNA. You really missed out if you couldn't make it but I hope the Reefcasts from their can express enough to get you to Pittsburgh next year.
Old 10/04/2006, 09:59 PM
*Pico Freak*

I wish i could have gone to MACNA but i'm clear up in iowa and i'm a poor high school student . i need to get a job.. But i'm to lazy, that and i'm tied to reefcentral all day...it's what i go to during keyboarding class when i'm finished...i also check the reefcast website for more shows... it's so exciting when there is a new one...it's all i think about all that day and when i get home i download it immedietley....as you can probably tell i have no life.
Old 10/05/2006, 12:25 PM
Proud Father

I also really like ReefCast, although, I must say, Evan doesn't seem to know much about reef keeping and some of his advice is, well nevermind, thankfully Marc is there... . Here lately I don't hear much about reefkeeping from them as I do about their lives...which is fine by me...still funny.

I love the 12th cast, the song in the beginning is hilarious! "Packing a tube top, shorts and a sexy man tie"...that is just great comedy.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I heard Evan and Marc talking a lot about Talking Reef so I figured I would DL it and see what is was all about...BORING! So its informative but I feel like I am listening to a tape on knitting booties.

MacnReef
Old 10/05/2006, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Marc and Evan thanks for the great show, I always look forward to the next episode. Keep up the good work guys.