Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/27/2006, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

liveaquaria.com

How reputable is liveaquaria.com? Is there stock any good? I'm thinking of getting some corals from them.
Old 06/27/2006, 10:01 AM
Premium Member

I have gotten LR and Livestock from them actually getting more Livestock today, so far they are very reliable, excellent Fiji select and reasonably priced,
Old 06/27/2006, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

Their livestock is great. I would definently order from them
Old 06/28/2006, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

Thanks! I'll give them a try!
Old 06/28/2006, 06:06 PM
Team RC Member

Their packing is beyond belief. I got a cerise acropora, a pair of stonogobiops nematodes, and a tailspot blenny from them, and they were immaculate, and the stonogobiops were paired, a larger, and an immature, which they had not advertised nor had I dared request. Caution: their fish come in at 1.020. Watch salinity.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 06/28/2006, 06:42 PM
Keeper of Tangs

very good customer service
Old 06/28/2006, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

I can't say enough about their service and quality. It is my store of choice.
Old 06/28/2006, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

The best of the best.
Old 06/28/2006, 08:25 PM
Premium Member

i got my flame angel from them, very large size, local fish store wanted 80 for the size i got from LA for 1/2 the price
Old 06/29/2006, 07:41 AM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

I order a lot from them...drygoods mostly but have ordered livestock too..I ordered two fish from them, the Angel died but my Raccoon is still with me! Its been a year and a half

I did have problems with corals however..Not the corals themselves but after placing them in my tank, my Raccoon had tiny white dots on him Not ich...still not sure what it was. My Clown also broke out, looked as if it was peeling and had a few white dots. Whatever it was, [I treated them before moving to new tank] wasn't life threatning but did irritate the fish. I will now qt all my Corals as well as my fish

Liveaquaria does have great customer service, always very pleasant..I would order corals again, but like I said...I would qt them
Old 06/29/2006, 09:23 AM
Premium Member

I've ordered many things from them, always get great items in good shape. I've had things not make it and they give you credit with no hassles. Great packing too!
Old 07/03/2006, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

I have had good luck with them also. They have given me refunds a couple of times on stuff that didn't make the trip. They have always went out of their way to make me happy.
Old 07/03/2006, 07:45 PM
Premium Member

What ticks me off about LA is that their customer service people will not get in touch with LA WS via the phone. They will not tell the customer, for example, how many of a particular (rare) clown species they have at the moment and what sizes these clowns are. Even though these sp. are listed on LA website.

LA customer service will even take your order, just to send you an email several days later that the sp. you were interested in was sold out.

What is the problem with updating LA inventory in real time?

Last edited by MarinaP; 07/03/2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07/03/2006, 08:07 PM
Always Learning

Liveaquaria is a very good company, placed an order with them last night.

Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.
Titus Maccius Plautus (254 BC - 184 BC), Rudens
Old 07/04/2006, 06:45 PM
Premium Member

I agree.

Liveaquaria.com is reputable and has good customer service.

About 2 months ago, I ordered an Evergreen Starburst Polyp coral and a couple of cleaner shrimp.

One of the shrimp arrived dead and the coral was of a different, red variety instead of the correct green one that I had wanted.

I emailed them and they gave me a full credit for both the coral and dead shrimp.

Also, their packing is great and most of their items appear well-described and in hearty condition.
Old 07/05/2006, 12:36 AM
Team RC Member

Just got an e-mail from them: they are going, without any fuss, to stand behind a specimen that died a day or so past the written warranty: I stated what had happened, and they readily agreed to a credit when I had told them I only wanted to know where I stood with the warranty---apparently my description of what happened rang bells on likelihood as a shipping problem, and they simply did the customer-friendly thing and gave me benefit of the doubt. They've sure got a return customer here, and I'll say so for anyone who asks.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 07/05/2006, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

liveaquaria.com

Liveaquaria.com is the BEST. I've ordered from them seveal times, as well as from parent company Drs. Foster/Smith.

Last week, I ordered 2 Wrasses as well as a colony of zoos and some Margarita snails.

The animals were delivered to me 26 hrs, from the time I ordered them online, and I live WAY, WAY up in the woods of Upper Michigan.

The one time I had to call their Customer Service, their action was quick and very helpful.