Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/26/2005, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Red flatworms free to good home!

They come with a red/green candy coral, a blue candy coral, green hairy mushrooms, green striped mushrooms, orange ricordea, blue ricordea, blue mushrooms, star polyps(not green), an open brain, a yellow coral banded shrimp, a juvenile false perc, and any blue leg hermits, turbo snails, and other assorted life that survives until tomorrow. We moved over the weekend, and I have neglected my tank the past few days, so it is not going well. I need to get rid of this stuff tomorrow night at 5:30 pm at my apartment in Brighton. I do have a bad red flatworm problem, so be forewarned! That is why I am giving everything away. I figure if you want to take on the worms, you will need your cash for FW exit.
I can't take pics, but if you search my username over the past year, I have posted plenty of pics of my critters.

BYOB (bring your own bucket/bag)

I will check back here tonight and will post more info tomorrow morning before I go to work. I cannot hold items, as I am taking my tank down ASAP. First to post gets first dibs.

I also have a bucket of salt (Kent, I believe) that I will sell for $20. I have used very little of it (less than 5 gallons worth.)

Thanks for any interest.

"All right, let's not panic. I'll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one." --Homer Simpson
Old 07/26/2005, 09:05 PM
Premium Member

Randy,
I have a friend that has a tank currently with flatworms. He is treating next week. He has just started corals and would love to give the corals a home. Let me know the address and I will come by and get them.
Karvin
Old 07/26/2005, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

Sent you a PM with my number or send me yours and I will call.
Thanks,
Karvin

Forgot, Only critter that I can't take is the clown fish. He already has a large maroon and I have clowns in each of my tanks so I can't add it there either.
Old 07/26/2005, 09:28 PM
Premium Member

sent PM
Old 07/26/2005, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

Damn that ricordia sounds very tempting but I promised myself only SPS...well besides my first coral which is a candy cane.
2 * Korlia 4
Aquamedic Calcium Reactor 1000
Red Sea 50mg Ozonizer
Old 07/26/2005, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

As usual when the word "free" is used, everything goes fast! I think I may keep the clownfish in a FO, but everything else is going to Karvin (CrystalSea.)
luvmyclown, if I decide to get rid of Nemo, I will let you know in the next couple days.

"All right, let's not panic. I'll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one." --Homer Simpson
Old 07/28/2005, 12:08 AM
Premium Member

Randy,

I hope this does not mean you are getting out of the hobby. Would miss your cute face at meetings. :-)

Kip
Old 07/28/2005, 01:07 AM
Premium Member

Randy,
Thank you for all the livestock. Scott was so excited about the new corals for his tank. Everything seems to have made it fine. I am planning to help him treat for flatworms this next week so he can be flatworm free. His two boys each put a large turbo into the tank and then they saw the hermit crab and had to hold it for just a second to take a close look. It was a fun evening for all. Be sure to let me know if you set the tank back up and want to get some frags. I would be glad to contribute back.
Thank you again,
Karvin
Old 07/28/2005, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ktani
Randy,

I hope this does not mean you are getting out of the hobby. Would miss your cute face at meetings. :-)

Kip
Thanks, Kip.
I am hoping it is only a short break. I just don't have time right now to maintain it properly after the move, since it would cycle again. I am keeping Nemo, and may eventually get some frags back in with him.

It worked out well for Karvin, Scott, and me, and I am happy to help a new reefer by providing them with flatwo......er......frags.

Glad to hear everything made it, Karvin, and you're welcome!