Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > North Central Pennsylvania Aquarium Reef Society (NCPARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/25/2005, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

HELP in State College!!!!

OK all, I need some hepl. I was finishing up the plumbing on my new 75G and was putting in the last baulkhead and snap. Rotton thing cracked. Not even hand tight yet nad the thing broke. Wanted to get a wet test in tomorrow so I could finish up a few tid bits and do the swap the weekend of the 4th. Any locals have a 3/4 balukhead they could part with?

Will be back on soon as now I need to have a beer and mow the d#^% grass.

Rich

Rich
Old 06/25/2005, 03:25 PM
When in doubt,frag it

Was it one of the clear bulkheads?I've had many of those clear ones crack,without and pressure on them.Oceanic started to use them with there reef ready tanks.Now anymore that I setup I toss the clear bulkheads and go buy the black ABS bulkheads,before I even do any plumbing.Just a word of warning to anyone that is about to setup a reef ready oceanic.

Mike

Member of NCPARS.
Old 06/25/2005, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

Na. it was one from Marine Depot, The black ones. This one seemed to be made from a different type of plastic. Looked a little more "glossy" then the others. Cheep crap...

Rich
Old 06/25/2005, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Sorry, no bulkhead to share with you, but I am a local that knows all about things breaking, and how hard it is to find replacements in State College. I broke a square pin PC a few weeks ago, and it took a week to get a new one! Not living near a city stinks.

Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 06/25/2005, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Rich,

Sorry I don't have on, but you might want to give TFP a call -- they could probably mail you one by Tuesday. I had the same thing happen to my 72 -- I was able to drive to TFP and they just handed me another one (I got the impression that it wasn't rare occurrence - - Mine was one of the black ones as well).

Good luck,
Tom
Old 06/25/2005, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Well, Thanks all for your support, Will have 2, yes I said 2 shipped overnight on Monday. Hope I still have time this week to get things done for the switch next weekend..

Pray to the reef gods for me folks!!..lol

Rich
Old 06/25/2005, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Re: HELP in State College!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sceadu
OK all, I need some hepl. I was finishing up the plumbing on my new 75G and was putting in the last baulkhead and snap. Rotton thing cracked. Not even hand tight yet nad the thing broke. Wanted to get a wet test in tomorrow so I could finish up a few tid bits and do the swap the weekend of the 4th. Any locals have a 3/4 balukhead they could part with?

Will be back on soon as now I need to have a beer and mow the d#^% grass.

Rich
If you are really in a bind, I can take one off of a tank. The bulkhead is on the tank that I am using for rotifers and I can easily take it out, without affecting anything.

Let me know.

sanjay.
Old 06/25/2005, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

Re: Re: HELP in State College!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sanjay
If you are really in a bind, I can take one off of a tank. The bulkhead is on the tank that I am using for rotifers and I can easily take it out, without affecting anything.

Let me know.

sanjay.
Sanjay: Thanks for your thoughts, but at this point in the evening it is to late to try and seal the baulkhead and let things set up overnight, besides, I would hate to have you tear apart one of you tanks to remove a bulkhead. Thanks for you offer but at this point Ill wait till Tuesday for a new one and go from there. If it does not get done next weekend, so be it. Really dont want to rush this as all has been going so well and the tank and stand are outstanding so far. Will have to have the locals over for a unvailing when its done.

Thanks again all for your support!!!!

Rich