Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/25/2004, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs down [B]DO NOT[/B] go see this movie:

Darkness

It was quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen in the theater. It was either the worst editing job or script that I have ever tried to decipher, not scary, and at best sporatic in cohesive content. In other words Darkness = unclear, can't see.

An absolute waste of 14 dollars. It's a shame cause I like both the lead and secondary actress in the flick.
Old 12/26/2004, 01:16 AM
Xenia Philanthropist

Nope, sorry. Your movie CAN'T be the worst movie because I just saw the worst movie today - The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. What the heck??? Good to know 2 horrible movies came out at the same time.

Crystal
Old 12/26/2004, 03:07 AM
Registered Member

I paid for oceans 12 .. waste of 9$. Possibly the stupidest plot ive ever seen .. besides anaconda.
Old 12/26/2004, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

I have to vote for eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, and also lemony snickett's a series of unfortunate events. Both Jim Carey, and both bad movies. I think the second one was a half arsed attempt at a good story. Don't bother with either of them. 3rd had to be lost in translation. Cmon, 3 movies in 1 year??? That's just too much money to waste.
Old 12/26/2004, 06:39 AM
Redux Australian ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally posted by masson
I paid for oceans 12 .. waste of 9$. Possibly the stupidest plot ive ever seen .. besides anaconda.
I liked O12, but i dont pay for the films i see... (work at the movies)...

Worst movie of all time... Anaconda.

Best, LOTR.

Photos of my "Blau Arborescent Dschungel Riff" via the red house.
Old 12/26/2004, 06:41 AM
Xenia Philanthropist

What's amazing is that they pay MILLIONS of dollars to make these pieces of trash. And you just know there are many great writers out there with fantastic scripts that nobody will read.

AnacondaS was even worse than the first one - and someone said "Hey, yeah! There's a movie that needs a sequel!!"

I actually didn't mind "Eternal Sunshine" although my husband hated it. It was very weird and I'd never buy the DVD or anything, but it held my attention because it was a unique story.

Haven't seen the Lemony Snickett movie, but I cringe so much everytime I see or hear the name "Lemony Snickett", I don't see myself going to see it anyway. Geez, that is an annoying name.

Crystal
Old 12/26/2004, 07:22 AM
Rocket Science!

Jeepers Creepers was my all time WORSE movie ever.....

Thanks..I was gonna go watch darkness.
Old 12/26/2004, 09:01 AM
Where's my motorcycle?

Geez, doesn't anyone remember Showgirls?! Now THAT was the worst movie of all time!
Old 12/26/2004, 10:07 AM
Aspiring Polymath

Highlander 2 people, Highlander 2.
Old 12/26/2004, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

Eternal Sunshine of the..... I thought, was a good movie and very well acted. I think Jim Carey is brilliant as a dramatic actor personally.

Lost in translation was very slow and did not accomplish much. It was a big deal about very little. A very limited plot with no subplots to back it up, that's why some people did not like it, but it was well acted. But hey, when your F.F. Copola's daughter you can get away with that and still get showered with praise.

I just knew better than to go see Anacondas....c'mon, seriously.

I actually like Jeepers Creepers and the second one as well, it was a different plot for a horror flick.

Yea Showgirls sucked, but that's not why I watched it in the first place.

Highlanders I like simply because I like anything with a sword in it. There are only certain epic plots you can judge the movie as a whole when it involves a sword.

What the heck is LOTR? It might hit me later.
Old 12/26/2004, 11:49 AM
LIL VIC

Quote:
Originally posted by bierluvre
What the heck is LOTR? It might hit me later.
lord of the rings...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind."
-'Dr. Seuss'
Old 12/26/2004, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

The thing that bothered me about OC12 was that that thief had no way of doing the laser thing and how would he get back...Macic?!? And who on earth thought anaconda needed a sequal.... they must have been on something.
Old 12/26/2004, 04:33 PM
Moved On

Eternal sunshine and O12 are both great movies...if you would actually understand them.

Clwn
Old 12/26/2004, 05:53 PM
Thread Killer :(

Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 were awful. It's like they went thru the script and took out anything that explained the story plot and left all the ugly scary stuff in it. At least 2 explained a bit of it - but not enough.
Dr. Moreau is the worst IMO. Right up there with 'From Dusk til Dawn' and that Crichton one with the gorillas. All three of those movies were ok until the end. I swear they saw their bankbooks, realized they were running out of money and came up with the quickest ending they could with the lowest budget they could.
Awful Awful Awful.
Also on the awful list: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (I know why they were crouching and hiding - they were embarassed). Fast and the Furious (How about fast yet stupid). OMG and the motorcycle version of that movie too - cant remember the name.
My roomie loves getting foreign and B films from her Netflicks account. The stuff she gets kills me. I should list some of that junkola here too but I can't recall any of the titles of them.

However, that doesn't mean instant success for everyone else.

Adrienne
Old 12/26/2004, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

Try the movie Bad Taste. Best bad movie I ever saw. Not for the weak stomach individual. It's hard to find, but you'll laugh till' next year.
Old 12/26/2004, 06:11 PM
Moved On

im sure nobody will agree with me, but i'm gonna hafta vote for Forrest Gump and Titanic to be the 2 worst movies of all time.
Old 12/26/2004, 06:12 PM
Soul of a Sailor

Dude Where's My Car and Master of Disguise take the cake. Anaconda gets a vote as well.
Old 12/26/2004, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

What about Blair Witch??
Old 12/26/2004, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mini4x
What about Blair Witch??
Come on Blair witch was an absolute classic...I also know that I am probably the only person on earth who liked it.
Old 12/26/2004, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Ah, Lord of the Rings. Yea, good stuff. I should rent all of them at once and watch them through. That'll have to be a very rainy day.

Another bad one: Biker Boyz, the dumbest movie I have ever seen, not to mention horrible acting. I don't know what gives with these motorcycle movies (& Torque) portraying street bikes riding on the freakin dirt through the desert, much less all the other completely impossible stunts.
Old 12/26/2004, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

I got you all beat!!

COOL AS ICE!!

Actaully I really like it..
Old 12/26/2004, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

I actually rented "Evil Earth conquerors" pretty bad movie.

And of course House of the dead
Old 12/26/2004, 08:15 PM
The Original Chingy

Better Luck Tomorrow... It got some praise from people but seems like everyone was praising the actors and actresses and they never stopped to think about how TERRIBLY it was directed and written... I think the writers wrote the script in 9th grade english class...
Old 12/26/2004, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Weekend at Bernie's III
Old 12/26/2004, 10:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Blindmelonbob
Weekend at Bernie's III
Holy crap! ...there's a three!