Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/17/2004, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

anyone on xbox live

just got it and i play alot of rainbow six black arrow, well if your on live go ahead and post

hopefully there is a few of you guys out there that play
Old 09/18/2004, 10:31 AM
I'm Rick James @#$%&

i am on, been playing unreal championship.

that game is so lame..........

but its the only xbox live enabled game i have....

looking forward to halo 2

by the way have you played fable yet? it rocks

rememeber, the best place to store alcohol is your bloodstream....
Old 09/18/2004, 11:48 AM
saru mo ki kara ochiru

I started by playing Mech Assault, but haven't bought any new titles. I'm wondering which one to buy. Fable looks cool, but is it on-line only?
I'm currenlty addicted to Knights of the Old Republic.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
B.B.
Old 09/18/2004, 12:23 PM
I'm Rick James @#$%&

no, fable is not even xbox live enabled..

it is only labled as xbox live "aware"

i guess which means that you can play the game while connected to xbox live but not actually playing on line, pretty lame is you ask me, but the game over all rocks big time...

Old 09/18/2004, 02:04 PM
Ferret Maximus

exactly- i am "deanial8" and i play black arrow/wolfenstien/fable etc- add me to your friends list and we will talk sw and kill some terrorist together on the X
any game you can get laid in is ok w/ me
Old 09/18/2004, 11:09 PM
Jer

I play mech assault once in a blue moon, but splinter cell had me glued to xbox live for 2 months straight. I just beat knights of the old republic (better storyline then the last two movies), and picked up fable last night

the sequel to mech assault looks awesome
Old 09/19/2004, 08:11 AM
Keena R.I.P

I finally went to Best Buy and pre-ordered my copy of Halo 2. I don't get on Live as often as I would like but I enjoyed Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I need to try splinter cell, looks awesome.

Jon
Old 09/19/2004, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

Jon - Break your "chops" in on Splinter Cell single player and Mercs VS Spies offline first - Xbox live play is full of Pandora experts - well worth the steep learning curve, though...I now look at and rent just about anything UbiSoft has on Gamefly, and have yet to be disappointed. If anybody wants to try a race game for first time (like I did recently), a friends reco for Burnout 2, and new Burnout 3 - way too fun! 'Specially "crash mode" after a hard day at work, tee hee!!; the physics engine/modeler is so good, they use it in courts of law/insurance company research.
Old 09/19/2004, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

I'm on - GT is Easy 8.

I don't get to play too much, but I suspect that will change after this Tuesday - Star Wars Battlefront, you know.

Will
Old 09/19/2004, 03:46 PM
Jer

think that'll be any good? I'll probably get it after i beat Fable
Old 09/19/2004, 04:44 PM
I'm Rick James @#$%&

just finished fable.

I like that fact that if you choose to you don't have to finish the gold card quests, an dteh game can go on for a while...

Old 09/19/2004, 11:56 PM
Jer

hey I'm just glad my character doesn't look 12 anymore haha
Old 09/19/2004, 11:58 PM
Registered Member

Dunno. IGN says multiplayer good, single player really weak. Can't pass up the opportunity to fly a snowspeeder or drive an AT-AT, though.

Tuesday's going to hurt - $40+ for the DVD's, $50 for the game.

Will
Old 09/20/2004, 12:00 AM
Jer

the dvds are for sure...still on the fence about the game. now the hard part is to convince my girl to watch the movies with me
Old 09/20/2004, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

hey my names "phat finger" and i am addicted to black arrow at the moment, although i will eventually buy pandora tommorow and i am counting the days to halo 2 comes out. one of the guys on my clan played halo 2 at e3 and he said it is unreal nad that the videos dont do it justice.ps my clans name is bob and we may be lookin for some new clan members so if ya aint in a clan and you are lookin to join one, whats your overall elo and your ratio.

in on a butload so just shoot me a invite and we can meet up and whup some a s s

later
Old 09/20/2004, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

I play mostly car games online as I'm not too good at FPS's. My live name is thrlride.
We need to find a game most of us have and meet online.

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 09/20/2004, 09:24 AM
intergalatic hitchhiker

'live name is the same as here- budhaboy.
Havent been on for a while, but I'm either on Crimson Skies of Mechassault when I am(only live games I have at the moment)

Was plannin on picking up SRS(Street Racing Syndicate) and runnin live with it, but its gotten nuthin but CRAP reviews - and NFS:U2 for the box isnt live capable(such a DRAG)

I, personally, have never wished to be a hot dog
Old 09/20/2004, 09:44 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by budhaboy
'live name is the same as here- budhaboy.
Havent been on for a while, but I'm either on Crimson Skies of Mechassault when I am(only live games I have at the moment)

Was plannin on picking up SRS(Street Racing Syndicate) and runnin live with it, but its gotten nuthin but CRAP reviews - and NFS:U2 for the box isnt live capable(such a DRAG)
NFSU2 isn't live for xbox? That's news to me. I know EA supports live now so I assumed it would be live.
SRS is okay. I wouldn't spend $50 on it though. Burnout 3 is good. I've played that for hours now and really like it. I've got a small little reviews site going that you can see here: http://www.geocities.com/dreamofgt3/reviews/index.html

Old 09/20/2004, 10:35 AM
intergalatic hitchhiker

Nope NFS:U2 for the X-Box is NOT live capable. Online play for the NFS series is only on PSII(which we have at my house, but I dont relish buying it twice, or having to by the NIC pack for the PSII either....

I, personally, have never wished to be a hot dog
Old 10/01/2004, 12:54 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mellen
Jon - Break your "chops" in on Splinter Cell single player and Mercs VS Spies offline first - Xbox live play is full of Pandora experts - well worth the steep learning curve, though...I now look at and rent just about anything UbiSoft has on Gamefly, and have yet to be disappointed. If anybody wants to try a race game for first time (like I did recently), a friends reco for Burnout 2, and new Burnout 3 - way too fun! 'Specially "crash mode" after a hard day at work, tee hee!!; the physics engine/modeler is so good, they use it in courts of law/insurance company research.
mellen,

Did you get burnout 3 yet? I finally played it on live and it is great!

Old 10/02/2004, 03:05 AM
Premium Member

thrlride -

Just got home way super late; dang! Not in my mailbox yet (Gamefly rental). Expect it tomorrow afternoon. Must work Saturday early/off early. Will try it and PM you with my results (I'll slam into it - loved first two Burn Outs, even if the background music gets old n cheesy quick! Only complaint, if you can call it that!) Wish my Pop was still around. He was a prof. accident investigator and wudda loved the crash physics engine on this puppy!!!