Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/17/2004, 09:30 AM
Moved On

Favorite NFL Football Team?

With the new season ahead of us soon, I wanted to say in advance that I am a Minnesota Vikings fan. I am saying this before they win the Super Bowl. Who is your favorite team?
Old 06/17/2004, 09:32 AM
Where's my motorcycle?

RAIDERS!!!

Last edited by gcvt; 06/17/2004 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06/17/2004, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

Patriots!!!!!

Favorite Player = Adam Vinaterri (the field goal kicker)
Old 06/17/2004, 09:35 AM
Moved On

As you know my favorite team is the Vikings but I route for the Raiders out of the AFC too. They are no where near my favorite team but would be my 2nd.
Old 06/17/2004, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!
All the way this year baby!
Old 06/17/2004, 09:49 AM
Where's my motorcycle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Reef Forum
As you know my favorite team is the Vikings but I route for the Raiders out of the AFC too. They are no where near my favorite team but would be my 2nd.
But...if they're your "2nd", isn't that as near to your favorite as they could possibly be?
Old 06/17/2004, 10:02 AM
Moved On

That is funny! Meaning I don't look at them as being my two favorite teams as equal. I am a life long Vikings fan and the Raiders are the team I also route for. A few years back they both lost in the NFC and AFC championship. They could have met in the SuperBowl for the 2nd time.

Eagles I think will be like the Lakers. Added stars but it may not work out. Great team though!

Watch out for the Falcons as a sleeper this year. Great draft plus Vick is back!
Old 06/17/2004, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

Ravens!!!
Old 06/17/2004, 10:28 AM
Aspiring Polymath

I am not a fan of the NFL, but I like seeing my home team, the Browns, suffer. They just can't seem to do anything right, and it's become far more interesting to see how they mess up than play well. My neighbors are all big Browns fans (read apologists), and I love to hear them explan to me again and again about how their rush defense isn't really the worst of all time. I hope Jamal Lewis doesn't go to jail so he can own the Browns a couple more times this year.
Old 06/17/2004, 10:36 AM
Where's my motorcycle?

Quote:
Originally posted by dendronepthya
I am not a fan of the NFL, but I like seeing my home team, the Browns, suffer. They just can't seem to do anything right, and it's become far more interesting to see how they mess up than play well...
I went through the same exact thing with the Oilers when I was just a young gcvt growing up in Houston
Old 06/17/2004, 10:40 AM
Moved On

The electric slide! I loved watching them.
Old 06/17/2004, 10:42 AM
Moved On

Not to highjack this thread I started but when you are done posting your favorite team, can you reply to this post?

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=388985
Old 06/17/2004, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

Well as a new englander transplanted in Arizona... OF COURSE I"M GUNNA SAY
"THE PAT"S"

RAZ
Old 06/17/2004, 10:48 AM
Premium Member

Gotta go for the home team. Carolina Panthers baby

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 06/17/2004, 11:29 AM
Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by dendronepthya
I am not a fan of the NFL, but I like seeing my home team, the Browns, suffer. They just can't seem to do anything right, and it's become far more interesting to see how they mess up than play well. My neighbors are all big Browns fans (read apologists), and I love to hear them explan to me again and again about how their rush defense isn't really the worst of all time. I hope Jamal Lewis doesn't go to jail so he can own the Browns a couple more times this year.
lol I can relate! The stories that used to come out of the NE locker room, and the off field stuff.....unbelievable! But that crap is no longer tollerated in NE and now they are the toast of the league.

My favorite team is NE but when I was a little guy I liked the Dolphins. We're talking the Larry Czonka, Jim Kick, Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, and Mercury Moris era. I guess I was a front runner
Old 06/17/2004, 12:16 PM
Started a 15g in 96'

Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am from Ohio originally, so I do like to watch the Browns too. Couch should be interesting to see how he plays behind a good o-line and an awesome running back. Maybe he'll get a chance to throw the ball before he gets hit and fumbles it
Old 06/17/2004, 12:16 PM
The love of me life

Location: New Jersey (Yes our governor is gay not that there is anything wrong with that)
E A G L E S. I am looking towards a spectacular season this year. With the additions of Kearse and Owens, both sides of the ball should see plenty of improvement.
I know what you are all thinking, Owens is going to explode on the sidelines when he doesnt get the ball. I dont think so, he knows Reid wont but up with that kind of childish behavior. They already had a confrontation in camp about tights; I believe Owens will not but up spectacular numbers but he will help out the team as he will comand other teams to double team him.
As for Kearse, well if he is healthy then I believe the Eagles will have a dominating Defensive line that will have teams making sure their back up quarter backs get some practice time just in case.
EAGLES
Old 06/17/2004, 12:22 PM
Moved On

eagles #1
Old 06/17/2004, 12:41 PM
Reefer

Gotta love the passion the fans in Philly have. You guys are as bad as us NE fans
Old 06/17/2004, 01:17 PM
Wangateur & Sauveteur

I've been a fan of the Minnesota Vikings since the franchise started. Before that, it was the Green Bay Packers.

Unfortunately, the Vikings are having difficulty staying out of jail, between running into traffic cops, raping women at parties and brawling in nightclubs. The Vikings legal team is busier than the training staff.
Old 06/17/2004, 01:20 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by ginntonic74

I know what you are all thinking, Owens is going to explode on the sidelines when he doesnt get the ball. I dont think so, he knows Reid wont but up with that kind of childish behavior. They already had a confrontation in camp about tights; I believe Owens will not but up spectacular numbers but he will help out the team as he will comand other teams to double team him.
Haha - I was just glad to see him go. Sure the 49ers will still suck this year, but I'll be watching every home game from the season tickets that I scored.

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 06/17/2004, 02:09 PM
Super Hero

Tennessee Titans!!!

Don't forget your towel!

( \ / )
(O.o)
( >< )
/_|_\
Copy the bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination.
Old 06/17/2004, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Packers all the way. Brett Favre is possibly the biggest bad *** ever.
Old 06/17/2004, 06:20 PM
no pig 2 big

WOW no Dallas Fans... GO DALLAS... Da Boyz are Back....

Eagles, please they will choke like all Philly teams do. Even the Philly horse choked. They are cursed!
Old 06/17/2004, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

The Seahawks of course.
Didn't the other teams already forfiet the season to them?

I thought I heard that somewhere.

Or maybe it was just me starting a rumor and hoping it grows legs.