Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/06/2003, 01:51 PM
Master of the Box Lunch

Updated pics of frags (2 months) and clam!!

well, wanted to get a 2 month update on the frags i got from SawCJack00 (www.northstarcorals.com) and i took a few pics of my clam too hope you enjoy reply w/ feedback or stuff like that

the newest pics are the farthest down the page

Northstarcoral frags update - 2 months growth

here are the 2 pics of the clam. i noticed last night when it closed up a little that there is a new sclute on the top of the shell!!!

please let me know what you guys/gals think
Lunchbucket

"Nancy-Boy Extraordinaire"
- maxxII-
Old 08/06/2003, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

Lunch,

Very nice coloration for that clam. Love the contrasting aqua stripes to the overall purple. Glad that your second clam is doing much better and great service from RM to send out another one with no problems at all.

Mark
Old 08/06/2003, 02:27 PM
Compulsive Reefer

Great pics.

Clam is awesome!
Old 08/06/2003, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

I just got frags from him today. They rock!
Old 08/06/2003, 03:27 PM
Super Hero

Lunch, the frags are lookin' great. Great polyp extention!

I love that clam. Very nice!

Don't forget your towel!

( \ / )
(O.o)
( >< )
/_|_\
Copy the bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination.
Old 08/06/2003, 04:27 PM
Master of the Box Lunch

Aframomum - yeah i am VERY happy w/ the 2nd clam i recieved...very very nice!!! it isn't purple from viewing above...it is blue w/ electric blue striping...very very cool!!

yrureefing - you gonna post pics?? share the love man yeah Bill is awesome....hope to see his tank sometime this fall/winter

SawCJack00 - glad you checked the pics out buddy...i cannot thank you ENOUGH for the BEAUTIFUL frags!!!! they are amazing!! the pink milli lost some color but is starting to come back. the blue sam (whatever that is...the extra one ) isn't coloring up the greatest but it is on the bottom of the tank and i have a feeling it is just encrusting a ton...then BOOM. also the teal milli isn't quite what i hope it will turn out like but it is comming around more and more....heck it has ONLY been 2 months...i will wait till 6 months + before i expect a final color. other than adjusting they are all doing great. i cannot believe the growth of that green slimer!! very very fast...there are like 4 off shoots of it already!!

polyp extention is HUGE now that my yellow clown goby is gone...i LOVE they way they look now....hairly acros ROCK. i have some decent random flow on the teal and pink milli and they seem to get the most hairy...definately fun.

i will keep you guys posted...i am waiting for a few corals to heal up, think i had a problem w/ a new radium bleaching a few corals when i change the old out....so my fav. b-nest is healing up. i will post some full tank pics later down the line

anyone know why my clam would be sliming up from the base?? it ALWAYS has some slime floating aroudn the bottom. i blow it off and it does it again...wonder if it protecting itself or trying to do something.

thanks everyone
Lunchbucket

- maxxII-
Old 08/06/2003, 05:03 PM
Moved On

Talking

YGG!
Old 08/06/2003, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Lunch, sorry I don't have a camera.
Old 08/06/2003, 07:58 PM
Premium Member

Lunch, VERY nice clam Frags are lookin good too. One of these days I'm coming up to Brookings to see your tank.
Old 08/07/2003, 01:33 AM
Master of the Box Lunch

Travis - heck yeah man...anytime i am usually around EVERY weekend. i really need to get up to SF to see Tally and see your tank too...lets get something figured out before school starts up. good excuse to take the girl to SF for diner and a movie too

Lunchbucket

- maxxII-