Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Orlando Reef Caretakers Association (ORCA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/06/2008, 01:35 AM
Registered Member

New Year Resolution=Nano

Hi Everyone,

I hope you enjoyed the Holiday Season and have big plans for 2008. I know that I do! I am finally joining the forums on my own instead of reading them over David's shoulder and we are adding a small tank to our collect. David decided that for Christmas he would build me a tank of my own. ("My own" meaning I can decided what size, type, what goes in and I get to take care of it). Normally, my role in our Daily Tank mait. is add water, turn on lights and check the heaters/fans and slect what I like from the stores...David does everything else. It has been a easy road for me , but I really would like to understand the whole salt water tank process and work on learning the proper names of what we own. So this brings me to my New Year Resolution...I am going to figure out all this fish/coral stuff for myself!

I have decided that the tank will be designed to display Sexy Shrimp ( I have never been able to have them our tanks, most of our fish would eat them for a snack or they would never be found in the other tanks.) I have been researching what animals are compatiable and will be creating he tank to host them. I am thinking about a tank that is long and tall but not very wide.

If any body has ever had sexy shrimp in their tanks I would love more information on them.

Kari
Old 01/06/2008, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

You Go Girl!
Glad to hear you are on your own.....we all know David will guide you or not!
Good Luck
George
Old 01/06/2008, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

thats awesome! its always nice to have your own tank that you can be proud of and brag about .

I know that cowboyswife had a tank for sexy shrimp at one time-so maybe she could help you out with some info?

good luck!
Old 01/06/2008, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

We will see what she is able to conjure up.
Old 01/06/2008, 12:56 PM
Reefneck.

I didnt have much luck with the sexy shrimp. I wanted them so badly, Brannon got me a 3g pico just so I could have some. I had a total of 8, not at one time, and one of them always killed the rest. When the last one died, I didnt bother buying any more. I think part of the problem was I had difficulties keeping the tiny tank stable.

Hopefully, you will have better luck with them!

~Becca
Old 01/06/2008, 05:34 PM
long time newbie

good luck and kick the hubby's butt. i wish my wife was as into it as you are. glad to see you are on the forums.

Will mow or plumb your tank for frags
Old 01/06/2008, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

Thanks everyone!