Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/27/2007, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Solana 34G Aquarium

Hey all!

This is our first post here!! I've been on the site for a great while now. Mainly I just relax and read others posts on the tanks they've built or the add-ons that have been created. She has just had to put up with me commenting on the thanks and everything. We haven't had the time or money to really jump feet first until now. So we're giving it a shot.

My wife's brother actually runs a LFS in the Inland Empire of Southern California. So, things shouldn't be overly hard to get if I need them. Like the tank for instance. I had really wanted to stay small for the first attempt. Something compact and self-contained with little need of expansive hardware. I guess We're just trying to get our toes wet before we jump feet first.

I think our goal with the tank is really going to be LPS and SPS mix. I like watching some softies sway from the flow more than fish. She is more into the colorful fish than anything. Either way, we'd like to maintain a few reef safe fish to liven up the tank.

I've yet to actual setup the tank and get all the essentials, such as sand and rock, but its on my list of "to-do's." The tank is the Current-USA Solana 34Gal w/MH lighting. Its pretty much the full setup you see when you search for the system. The pictures online really don't do any justice to how well the tank looks fully setup. Even empty this tank shines. The glass on top really finishes up the tank.

Ok, I know I don't have any pictures up and thats a bad thing. I just wanted to get this post out before I head to bed.

Night!
Old 12/28/2007, 10:17 AM
Premium Member

hey chore!! first off

i have the same tank that im currently cycling. the tank looks great once its running. one piece of info before you actually set it up, even with or without the glass top your tank is going to be running really hot, see if u can get urself a chiller, the Prime Chiller 1/15hp is great for this tank.

other than that GL on the tank would love to see it once its set up.

>>Click The Red House To See My Solana 34 Gal All In one Build<<
Old 12/28/2007, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

Hey!! HeHe...Welcome!
Old 12/28/2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Talking

Hey hehe...Welcome!!
Old 12/29/2007, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

Thank you for the info Devtech, I'll look into the chiller. I figure since we're both in a heated climate I might just need it as well.

I am working today, so I won't really be able to attack the setup until tomorrow at least. And even then, I still need to hit up a store or hopefully a fellow member for some rock and sand. We'll see how it all goes.

BTW, HEY PRINCESS!!! I hope you like the pink beta!