Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiast's Association (C-SEA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/27/2007, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

Red Sea Berlin Turbo Impeller (18 balde)

Anyone have a good or new one they would part with ??? i can order one and ,,,but my skimmer is down NOW !!!!! if not ill order one on Fri ,,,,,,,really didnt want to wait for over the weekend ,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 12/27/2007, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

HELP ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no one has one ???
Old 12/27/2007, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

I have one but your pretty far from Canfield
Old 12/27/2007, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

its 18 blades and used, I might have a whole used pump also, I would have to go back to the barn to look
Old 12/27/2007, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

its a good drive out there ,,but thanks for the offer ,,,i called aquatic tech to see if they carry them , and he said he would see if he has one or will take one out of his stock skimmer and just order another one ,,,,, PROPS TO AQUATIC TECH !!!! coming through in a pinch ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

my next little chuck of zoa's will come from Aquatic Tech ,,,,,
Old 12/28/2007, 04:23 AM
Registered Member

Just let me know if he doesnt have one. I was thinking about a possible trip out to Aquatic Tech on Saturday, could meet you there and then I might get a chuck of zoas for it, lol

I would like to show my kids that sea beast but then again I might never get them back into the ocean again!
Old 12/28/2007, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

HELP ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no one has one ???

It's a old outdated skimmer. I'm surprised people still use them with so many better options.
Old 12/28/2007, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

HELP .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NO ONE HAS ONE ???

yea they do ,,,found several of them Kreeger ,,,,,,,

might not be the best for you ,,,but works just fine for my 54 gal corner tank , draws alot of junk out of the tank ,,, fits in my small sump perfect ,,,, it does just what i need it for
Old 12/28/2007, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

"HELP ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no one has one ???

"It's a old outdated skimmer. I'm surprised people still use them with so many better options."

Come on man..unnecessary digs on a guy with a busted skimmer. Not only is the skimmer not working but you've got to throw in your .02 that contributed nothing to this post..
Old 12/28/2007, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

srtn8 ,,,,I can take anything kreeger1 throws my way ,,,,

better watch out ,,he will dock you 50 post and get you below the 50 post mark ,,,,,,, anyone who post a reply like that should have NOTHING to do with this forum in the manner he does ,,,,,
they give him a little power ,,,,, and he post stuff like that ,,,,

Kreeger 1 if you dont have anything good to say ,,,dont say nothing at all !!!!!!
Old 12/28/2007, 11:18 AM

Power?

I don't think Erik is a RC moderator YET, but I did see this on his coffee table last time I was over at his place...

Old 12/28/2007, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

lol...give me -4 gazillion posts

NO POST FOR YOU!! POST NAZI!
Old 12/28/2007, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

I was going to post a rebuttle to that hit about our Berlin skimmers being outdated but I decided not too, lol

Especially since I bought mine on Ebay for $35, four years ago, replaced the pump once ($70) and its been working great since.
My 75 has way too many fish but the corals grow great and I havent done a water change in a year.
But maybe he's got a point, maybe I should junk it and spend $400 on a new, updated skimmer that has a big footprint and wont fit into my sump.
I could always buy a new sump and throw out the one I made too! LOL

So MurphSalty if you need something let me know. I still plan on a trip to AquaTech sometime this weekend to see the Sea Beast. (Maybe I'll look at new skimmers and sumps while I'm there)
Old 12/28/2007, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

Hey it was just my thought on a old skimmer. I thought he'd be better off looking for a new skimmer then tracking down a old part.

But hey if it works for ya it works for ya.
Old 12/28/2007, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

Like the new avatar farcuz. Didn't mean to stir the pot like this on this thread. Did you tell greg that the part is 13.99 all over the net to see if he will price match it?
Erik
Old 12/28/2007, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

no i didnt ask Greg to match the on-line price ,,, because he does have to open a box with a new skimmer , that couldnt be sold untill another impeller got there ,,,so i do think he has a edge on the price , and i would pay shipping for the new one to get to his store i just couldnt see 29 bucks ,,, a few 5 bucks over the "on-line" price ??? sure i would have ,,,,,,, its all good ,,,,ill get a new one ,,,just wanted to know if any LFS or anyone here on RC had one for a quick fix ,,,,,,,, i like to keep my money in LFS so we can all benefit from our local stores and the products they sell ...........my ole buddy Anaelitz has a Remora skimmer i can use untill mid week when i can get one here ,,,,,,

Have a great New Year to all of RC ,,,,,,,,,,, Happy Reefing to all ,,,,,

Murph .......
Old 12/28/2007, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

I honestly wouldn't worry about a week or so without a skimmer if you have some extra carbon you could add. Lots of people run skimmerless too but I really wouldn't sweat the no skimmer for a few days.
Good luck
Old 12/31/2007, 10:08 AM
15 & Over Club

Re: Power?

Quote:
Originally posted by scottfarcuz
I don't think Erik is a RC moderator YET, but I did see this on his coffee table last time I was over at his place...

Dude!!!!

That's funny.
Old 12/31/2007, 10:29 AM
15 & Over Club

I HAD a red sea berlin on a 90. I thought everything was hippy skippy.
But I moved it off of my more populated "dirty tank" in place of a used and good condition HSA Model 250 Protein Skimmer I recently obtained.
And I have to say that the 200 gallon rating on the red sea is a bunch of hooie. The HSA caused already healthy appearing tank to have greater polyp extension and mushrooms that looked like they were ready to bust in just a couple hours. The skimmate pull was INSTANT. Not a few hour building situation as the red sea. And the venturi pull through my ozone doubled. So in that for a reeftank our fearless leader may in fact have a point in mentioning that the red sea stuff may be off the mark a tad. Even for 54 gallons. I think Erik was driving at the point of efficiency. It costs relatively the same amount of juice to run a less efficient or a more efficient skimmer. But the results appear to not be relatively the same.